Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unexist
    • May 2012

Battlefield 3 armored kill anyone playing?

Comment

• AngelofDeath
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by volta View Post
      ff13-3, bitches.
      Why can't they just focus on making a quality entry in the series instead of spewing out more spin-offs?
      I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

it's the last one, and since re-using assets and being a 'spin-off'.. they'll do things differently such as making it more an action-rpg with a time limit like majora's mask, focusing more on pacing & replayability rather than having dull moments.

versus will be next, there ya have it.
        which have probably changed development for next-gen consoles.
        as they describe it as 'unbelieveable'.

Comment

• Zenith
          • Jun 2009

Less turn based and more Kingdom hearts spaztastic real time battles please square.

World ends with you on iphone? how does that even work without the second screen? Will still buy.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
            • Jun 2012

If it were up to me, SE would be dumping all of its money and resources into an FF7 remake and a console version of Dissidia.
            I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

The new Metal Gear Solid look awesome !

Comment

• Zenith
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by AngelofDeath View Post
                If it were up to me, SE would be dumping all of its money and resources into an FF7 remake
                Yuck
                and a console version of Dissidia.
                That would be pretty good actually.

The new Metal Gear Solid look awesome
                Bueno! The only franchise that they can milk to death and I'll still buy.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                  • Jun 2012

Wow, looks like Kojima's been even busier than he's let on. Certainly doesn't look like some slapped-together cash-grab, either. I was already hyped on Rising, but this has the potential to be quite exceptional.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

meh, only that scarred guy is interesting..
                    the rest was trash.
                    kojima = overrated.
                    us military fetishism = worst to happen to gaming. along with moe anime
                    which is like.. 80% percent of the market.... fuck.

wii u & nintendo EAD tokyo will save it.
                    koizumi & yoichi yamada (unnoticed as hell) should handle the next zelda.
                    along with the rest that were responsible of the design and art in ocarina of time.
                    realistic style, 1080p, 60 fps. (too weak..)
                    Last edited by volta; 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                      • Jun 2012

I have to disagree about Kojima. He practically invented a whole new genre of gaming with the tactical espionage/sneaking thing. I mean, yeah, it's related to military concepts, but there's enough fantastical elements to keep it interesting and unique. And the way the story, character development, gameplay, and graphical prowess come together is so far removed from a Call of Duty title or anything else war or military related. I agree that the market is over-saturated with all that stuff, but the MGS franchise doesn't deserve to be lumped in with most of those titles.

I do, however, agree with you about The Legend of Zelda. I think it needs a different touch. Of course, I was one of the few who liked Twilight Princess way more than Skyward Sword.

Comment

• gotoid
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by droussin View Post
                        has anyone gotten dawnguard? i as contemplating purchasing because ive just basically finished up all i can do in skyrim but i havent heard great things about it
                        I liked it. I found it way more involving than the rest of skyrim. It gets more personal/human in the dialogues, which was a really nice touch.

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

I'm not an expert about the MGS serie, but i really like the first one on Playstation and it was the only one i played. I loved the interactions with the player such as "put the gamepad on the floor, I'll show some magic tricks." "How is your arm ?" After the torture chamber, etc...

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

Going to tokyo game show in a week or so... Going to wait the 3+ hours to play monster hunter 4 / the new mgs game that doesn't look anything like mgs... will report back
                            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Zenith
                              • Jun 2009

I do feel a little sorry for Kojima, despite having wanted to wrap up Metal gear after SoL neither Konami, nor the fans have let that happen. However, on the flip side of that metal gear seems to be the only series which he can slather it with just the right amount of action, atmosphere, fan service and cheese with stellar production values. Zone of the enders was god awful, and Botkai was so so. Snatcher/Policenaughts were all excellent atmosphere/no meat.

Also I read recently that Kojima hated the accented voices in the original MGS, and specifically requested them to be changed for twin snakes.

I loved the interactions with the player such as "put the gamepad on the floor, I'll show some magic tricks." "How is your arm ?" After the torture chamber, etc...
                              I will never forget when the colonel told me I had been playing the game for too long, and if I had anything better to do in MGS2. This was after a 8 hour playthrough, low on sleep and sugar. The sequence really screwed with my head.

EDIT: I'll admit I am biased. I am that crazy guy that buys all the premium editions of each metal gear game from each region/goes to all the metal gear releases/signings which Kojima attends.
                              Last edited by Zenith; 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by AngelofDeath View Post
                                I have to disagree about Kojima. He practically invented a whole new genre of gaming with the tactical espionage/sneaking thing. I mean, yeah, it's related to military concepts, but there's enough fantastical elements to keep it interesting and unique. And the way the story, character development, gameplay, and graphical prowess come together is so far removed from a Call of Duty title or anything else war or military related. I agree that the market is over-saturated with all that stuff, but the MGS franchise doesn't deserve to be lumped in with most of those titles.

I do, however, agree with you about The Legend of Zelda. I think it needs a different touch. Of course, I was one of the few who liked Twilight Princess way more than Skyward Sword.
                                yeah, still hate him though.
                                twilight princess had the best dungeons in the series, but can anyone tell me about the overrated arbiter's grounds? now they love the game unlike before skyward and when you say 'zelda cycle' they get pissed. fucking idiot gamers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎