Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

Last time In played Pokemons, it was with the Red/Blue edition. Quite long time ago.

Comment

• RRWW
      • Nov 2013

I miss goldeneye on the N64!

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

tron what edition u guys play ? i do 2.5 to current though the guys in my group mostly like to stay up to date . u guys play any white wolf games ? i dm a few werewolf campaigns ( old world of darkness ) and mage . i actually really like both versions of mage but hated new werewolf and vampire . weve also gone back to vampire:tm with the new material they been doin for it , thank god

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

We're playing playing Pathfinder 3.5 as it seemed pretty approachable for inexperienced players.

We are about 50 hours in to the campaign and one of my buddies did catch lycanthropy haha.

I want to learn 2.5 as it seems to be the most highly regarded but I still have a ton of learning to do as this is my (our) first campaign ever
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• ambrosian
            • Dec 2012

^always wanted to do some D&D. I've played all the related video games but never the tabletop.

been playing a Changeling campaign recently - it's not bad, but kind of boring playing as "myself" (why did I agree to this). think I need to sit down and figure out some ways to bring excitement to the table. I mean it's fun, but something's missing...
            street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

which version of changeling ? if u feel like youre just playin yourself u should try playing a character thats not like you at all.
              years ago when white wolf was ending the world of darkness games i dm'd an amazing changeling campaign that had my players investigating clues to look for the missing high king david . i used one of the scenarios in the time of judgement book and let the game go where it may but guided them to its eventual end where they found him . it turned out to be so fun that we revisited the story later for just one session to see what happened with high king davids return just before that ending winter occurs . he ordered all kith in all areas to build one giant bonfire where they generated as much glamour magic as possible to create one massive dream spell for everyone to be a part of while winter approaches and ends everything forever

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

So far behind the times with this one, but did anyone else play Resident Evil 6? It's fucking terrible. I can't be the only one that thinks this. All the reviews seem to be praising it and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

On a related note, Dead Space 1&2 are among the best horror games of all time. Yeah, I only just played em. Haven't touched the third one yet, since my little bro was telling me it's like RE5 with some bullshit co-op nonsense.

Comment

• Macro
                  • Apr 2008

Eleven Crows, glad to see you played Dead Space. The first one is nearly perfect, and actually scared me once or twice.
                  every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                    So far behind the times with this one, but did anyone else play Resident Evil 6? It's fucking terrible. I can't be the only one that thinks this. All the reviews seem to be praising it and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
                    what? most reviewers slammed it. same with the fans. very people like it.

i had fun with it. the gameplay is just that fun to me and the universe is just more interesting that other third person shooters.. that said it is very flawed.

most people don't know how to control it and then complain it's a glitchy, non-polished mess. that was most of the complaints to be honest. they suck at games. then there are those that never played it and just parrot the rest...

my three complaints would be;

-too cinematic/americanized (i.e it took the controls from the player too often, felt like sometimes you don't even need to do anything when it seems like it, just wait for the next cutscene.. even when it was not the case, basically very little skills needed.. like most games now :p)
                    - a few bland environments that drags on (doesn't help that there are not many locations to begin with..)
                    - not a being a focused game. it throws alot of ideas, and few that sticks..

+ some other things.. but eh, doesn't mean it "SUCKZ!!!!1"

one example is how literally everyone demanded that the camera be pulled back when aiming because it was "too close". it was different, and they don't like it. because you just can't have a character blocking 1/3 of their "beautiful" HD big screen. also, screen tearing made them "want" to vomit. seriously, a lot of shallow complaints.

there are probably communities that fellate the shit out of it, dunno. stick with it for what it is and not what you want it to be. in the end, it's probably an OK experience and not like you wasted "valuable time", because if you hold that belief why even game in the first place? <- a jab at the entitled gamers that irritate with their "MY VALUABLE TIME AND HARD-EARNED MONIEZ!"- rhetoric and then sits on the fucking web talking videogames and refresh facebook and twittr for the umpteenth time. sure, those sites are all their soapbox so it's not surprising they become more obnoxius, arrogant and entitled but come on, do they not realize the irony?

on another note; will anyone be playing in the dark souls 2 beta in a few hours so i can keep my eyes peeled if we cross paths? as long as your name is not "xXdudebro1337Xx" i will keep it in mind, but chances are you would be on xbox live in that case!

not that invasions worked on the previous tests..
                    Last edited by volta; 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

I want to buy RE 6 (PC) with the next sale on STEAM. Thank for your review.

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

The Dead Space series is pretty much the best horror games out right now. The Ishimura is as iconic as 'the mansion' of Resident Evil for me. The first definitely being the best. Good call on that one, Macro. It was pretty cool hopping back aboard it towards the end of the second.

volta, I'm not trying to insult your taste, man. I just don't like RE6 at all so far. It's a very clear divergence from the heart of the series. Too focused on multiplayer, and I hate the controls.

The fifth one was all right. I played it through with my little bro and had a good time. I'd say the fourth was the last true great game in the series. Shinji Mikami's departure was telling on the series. Much like amny game, television, movie series, there's a clear point where things should have stopped.

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                          volta, I'm not trying to insult your taste, man. I just don't like RE6 at all so far. It's a very clear divergence from the heart of the series. Too focused on multiplayer, and I hate the controls.

The fifth one was all right. I played it through with my little bro and had a good time. I'd say the fourth was the last true great game in the series. Shinji Mikami's departure was telling on the series. Much like amny game, television, movie series, there's a clear point where things should have stopped.
                          that's fine, just wanted to correct you on the general consensus of the game; a hyperbolic negativity surrounding it. it's true that the games have gotten worse with each subsequent iteration.. just plain bro-splosion almost. i still like it for what it is. it's kind of meant for co-op so do give that a try but it definitely won't change much of your issues with the core game naturally..

you do know about "zwei" AKA "the evil within" AKA "psycho break"? will that be the "true" biohazard 5? i'm very much looking forward to it, though there are almost what i would consider many rookie mistakes which really caught me by surprise because mikami is really that talented otherwise. mainly, there are scenes so far where it's literally "hold stick to limp from danger"- gameplay, it doesn't give any tension to a scene that counts on it because you really can't die unless you let go of the stick and it just seems all sorts of lame. why would he do that?

here's a recent translated video the biohazard guys. mikami looking cool and kamiya falling asleep. don't forget to activate the subtitles!

and the evil within, while a bit unpolished and cheesy structured and some ridiculous animations, poor explosions..;

Last edited by volta; 11-11-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

while we wait for the inevitable persona 5 reveal on the 24th.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• kuriz
                              • Nov 2010

The videogames thread is often about new games, however, being an old-time Diablo 2 fan I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone wanting to play the old game without spambots and autoers.
                              I've been a long time member of the D2 community and private server Slashdiablo: http://www.reddit.com/r/slashdiablo. On the 20th of December there will be a ladder reset with everyone starting all over. So if you want to hack and slash some monsters in Blood Moor or even in Arcane Sanctuary this is a great opportunity to do so and relive that with a lot of awesome guys.

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

two european playstation 4 units have been confirmed assembled/made in japan. if any of you are planning to get one on launch and they have a few in stock, do look for one that says japan on the box. higher quality control than a disgruntled, exploited, forced chinese labor.. no one should support that. two strikes in one :)

all european units might be japan assembled.. we will see. though i doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎