Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

oh and the new south park episodes are about the console wars/fanboys. i think lady mccormick (kenny) will backstab them all and get the wii u lol. he was dressed as zelda at the end aswell.

Pre 'Brack Friday Bunduru' Sides:

Xbox One Faction:

Cartman
    Kyle
    Butters
    Star Trek Kids / The Federation
    Kindergardeners
    The Kids who play Harry Potter
    The Jocks (lol)
    Swim Team
    Glee Club
    RUMOR: 6th Graders

PlayStation 4 Faction:

Stan
    Jimmy
    Goth Kids
    Clyde
    Book Club
    Janus Pinkerton
    Last edited by volta; 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Glasshands
      • Jul 2013

Currently, I'm crazy excited about some games that are still in the development phase (good ol' kickstarter, right?)

Hyper Light Drifter is one of them, pitched to be a 2D action-rpg set in a "beautiful, vast and ruined world riddled with unknown dangers and lost technologies. Inspired by nightmares and dreams alike."

I was sold purely on art direction and music, although the gameplay demos they've been posting on youtube really didn't hurt either...

Comment

• #ruin
        • Jul 2011

props for the i-no avatar volta, that animation made me laugh the first time i saw it. do you or anyone else here play any fighters? i'm at my local arcade on most weekends to play street fighter, tekken & guilty gear.

Comment

• limeade
          • Feb 2013

Scored a few games off the steam sale, namely Bioshock infinite, Witcher 2 and that relatively recent Tomb Raider game. I was a lot more satisfied with the latter 2 than I was bioshock.

Tomb Raider holds your hand a little bit as most newer games tend to do, and the stealth combat was kind of lacking but overall it was enjoyable, totally worth ten bucks.

Infinite was just disappointing imo.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

couldn't bring myself to become a launch customer this generation [post launch drought depression hit me hard with xbox & xbox 360], so i replaced my previously paid-forward 360, and picked up dark souls [for now], & skyrim [for later].

i haven't had a 360 in two years now, so i have plenty of catching up to do.

i must say, dark souls is one of the most unforgiving games i've ever laid my paws on, but man is it engrossing as a result. rarely does a game hold your hand so little, and as a result force a level of immersion so deep.

i'll have to go back and try out demon's souls if i can get my hands on a ps3, but there's also dark souls 2 coming out this year - oh gaming, you dangerous, dangerous beast.
            —
            -

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

I have a ps4 and got it at launch. Big graphic difference from ps3, not enough games though.

RE: Dark Souls:
              1. Demon Souls is harder and Dark Souls is the same game but expanded.
              2. Loved Dark Souls cannot wait for DS2.

Comment

• mikemikemike
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by #ruin View Post
                props for the i-no avatar volta, that animation made me laugh the first time i saw it. do you or anyone else here play any fighters? i'm at my local arcade on most weekends to play street fighter, tekken & guilty gear.
                i play the ones you mentioned above.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Warning: I don't follow this thread, so feel free to mock me, as I don't know the running jokes, etc.

I purchased the XBONE, along with the zombie game (whatever it's called), which is okay, Forza 5, which is awesome (if you like racing), and Peggle 2, because Peggle.

I also own a Wii U (joke all you want...Mario bitches). Pikmin 3 is one of the best games I've ever played (tells you something about me). The new Mario 3D is fucking amazing for in-room multiplayer. Also - Ducktales (woo woo). Good timez for us nostalg-bags.

I also play with my 3DS on occasion. Luigi's Mansion or whatever is fun. Mario 2d is fun. I haven't bought Pokemon xy because I'm too old, although I have one of the old Pokemon's and I don't understand what the fuck is going on. I tried some other RPG games and the appeal is lost on me (anyone want my Fire Emblem?)

I miss my NES. I mostly miss when it was the shit and it was the best you could buy. Now that you play things that basically look like real life, it's too fucking real and I can't handle it.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

I didn't know you was a gamer.

Tomorrow it's Steam sale !

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      Warning: I don't follow this thread, so feel free to mock me, as I don't know the running jokes, etc.

I purchased the XBONE, along with the zombie game (whatever it's called), which is okay, Forza 5, which is awesome (if you like racing), and Peggle 2, because Peggle.

I also own a Wii U (joke all you want...Mario bitches). Pikmin 3 is one of the best games I've ever played (tells you something about me). The new Mario 3D is fucking amazing for in-room multiplayer. Also - Ducktales (woo woo). Good timez for us nostalg-bags.

I also play with my 3DS on occasion. Luigi's Mansion or whatever is fun. Mario 2d is fun. I haven't bought Pokemon xy because I'm too old, although I have one of the old Pokemon's and I don't understand what the fuck is going on. I tried some other RPG games and the appeal is lost on me (anyone want my Fire Emblem?)

I miss my NES. I mostly miss when it was the shit and it was the best you could buy. Now that you play things that basically look like real life, it's too fucking real and I can't handle it.
                      xbox one - get crimson dragon! unfortunately it's not as artistic as the previous games and saori kobayashi's unique soundscape of a soundtrack have been butchered by microsoft because it was not generic and bland sounding enough d4 is another game you should keep your eyes peeled for. it's by swery, the creator of deadly premoniton so it will have some funny writing and bizarre scenarios and a cool style that's the opposite of "too fucking real".

(wait for the fashion guy at least!)

wii u - mario 3d world is excellent. in fact i just came back from 100% the game. last stage was insane but so much fun (and i mean the abolutely-secret-world-last-one!). several crazy obstacles with no checkpoints. wish they would make them this difficult for the whole duration instead of the last worlds/bonus worlds. the lighting engine is sick. pikmin 3 is gorgeous too and excellent gameplay and level design. wii u is nothing to laugh about, contrary to popular belief.

3ds - have you checked out bravely default? it's an old school-rpg that cuts the bullshit.
                      Last edited by volta; 12-18-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

I haven't even thought about buying the next gen consoles yet because the libraries are just not appealing.

I've returned to persona 4 and I'm starting NG+ after finishing it last year.

Also Wasteland 2 / Starbound on PC seriously guys check these out if you haven't already.

And of course Pokemon X... about 350 hours in to that one....
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• MaxM
                          • Sep 2009

"Huge EVE Online battle destroys $570,000 worth of spaceships"

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                            • Dec 2013

bought final fantasy 6 for android. reliving my childhood, one random battle at a time.

anybody else playing, or re-playing it?

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Just bought it for iPhone/iPad! Still need to complete is as I did not finish it on the super nintendo. Got to the end castle, but tried to get the paladin shield. After several failed attempts, never finished it again.
                              Grailed link

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                                Just bought it for iPhone/iPad! Still need to complete is as I did not finish it on the super nintendo. Got to the end castle, but tried to get the paladin shield. After several failed attempts, never finished it again.
                                its an amazing game, and the updated version is good in my opinion. at first the new sprites were very anti-nostalgia, but the changes do improve gameplay, i.e. diagonal walking, better blitz input etc.

i just got gau in my party, so its time to grind some veldt battles, and hopefully get some of the rare veldt only items.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎