Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deltapie
    • Feb 2014

picked up ds2 off the steam sale, never played dark souls or demon souls, so idk what it's like compared to them, but it's pretty sick
    "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• MrBushido
      • Dec 2013

As always when i'm in tokyo, I've been going to akihabara for my gaming fix and i'm having a blast with the latest gundam VS game.

Though i'm always getting my ass kicked by this girl that seems to be living in that sega joint...

The prior version 'full boost' is apparently région free on the PS3. I'll be taking a copy with me for sure

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

remake/rebirth HD announced. it's going to look so good. been dreaming of this.
        november 27 release. sooner than expected.

edit: aaaand screenshots out

looks upscaled and smoothed. not crystal clear or native. WTF!
        yep, they don't have the original assets anymore it seems. lololol.
        that compression.

RE-RENDER OR BUST!
        Last edited by volta; 08-05-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• Osseovs
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by volta View Post
          remake/rebirth HD announced. it's going to look so good. been dreaming of this.
          november 27 release. sooner than expected.

edit: aaaand screenshots out

looks upscaled and smoothed. not crystal clear or native. WTF!
          yep, they don't have the original assets anymore it seems. lololol.
          that compression.

RE-RENDER OR BUST!
          That's truly a letdown, as while it still looks fantastic originally, the textures haven't aged well and could have used a higher resolution, along with a higher poly count to round out the blockier portions of models. Hopefully, it's just a bad screenshot and not a raw capture. I'm not holding my breath, though.

EDIT: It appears the models are crisp, but the backgrounds are just absolutely muddy.
          Last edited by Osseovs; 08-05-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Osseovs View Post
            That's truly a letdown, as while it still looks fantastic originally, the textures haven't aged well and could have used a higher resolution, along with a higher poly count to round out the blockier portions of models. Hopefully, it's just a bad screenshot and not a raw capture. I'm not holding my breath, though.

EDIT: It appears the models are crisp, but the backgrounds are just absolutely muddy.
            the only issue is the pre-rendered backgrounds. what they did was basically blowing up images to resolutions they were not meant to be (in that state.. can be remade or re-rendered depending but it seems they want to be cheap here.. other issues..) hence it's so blurry. character models seems to have been slightly modified instead of just higher render, too.

if you like the art in rebirth you should buy evil within/psycho break in october. same art director (naoki katakai) and of course game director and creator of RE - shinji mikami.

"sadist"

"keeper"

"brain surgery"
            Last edited by volta; 10-07-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Resonkuken
              • Oct 2012

the previews I`ve read for The Evil Within were not very good. Hopefully we`ll see more as the release date gets closer and have more to judge on.

Comment

• Osseovs
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by volta View Post
                the only issue is the pre-rendered backgrounds. what they did was basically blowing up images to resolutions they were not meant to be (in that state.. can be remade or re-rendered depending but it seems they want to be cheap here.. other issues..) hence it's so blurry. character models seems to have been slightly modified instead of just higher render, too.

if you like the art in rebirth you should buy evil within/psycho break in october. same art director (naoki katakai) and of course game director and creator of RE - shinji mikami.
                It's such a shame, too, because the backgrounds in REmake are flawless and atmospheric. Now it just looks like a bad Photoshop job; not to mention it seems to be shown at 720p rather than 1080p. I can imagine it would look that much worse if it were, though, haha.

I am intrigued by his new game, though. Crossing my fingers that it really does deliver on horror like they're touting.

Comment

• volta
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                  the previews I`ve read for The Evil Within were not very good. Hopefully we`ll see more as the release date gets closer and have more to judge on.
                  who gives a fuck what they think? they don't even know what makes a game good. the only shit they've played is anything from 2007 and onwards. their taste in anything is so fucking stupid and narrow-minded i never bothered giving a fuck about others shitty opinions. what they want is generic art and gameplay with bland everything, served with a big portion of annoying marketing and the culture surrounding it. games have never been this stupid, and never as popular as now. why do you think that is? because as soon as something turns to fucking junk, is when the mass-market will come. funny thing is, after the hype/"mass-hysteria" (in the gaming world)/mob mentality has died down, they realized how crappy the game actually was. rinse and repeat *rolleyes*

buy it, play it, and be amazed. they can keep their crappy ADD-riddled "MATURE" (read: childish and stupid) mainstream blockbusters.

edit: for example, lots of complaints from the previews months ago was about how sebastian (main character) does not crack jokes or comments every few seconds. it's like everyone have fucking ADD. oh, and their abillity to fucking dumbify everything, as if they can't even register what they're experiencing/watching. for me the pictures above look very interesting and special, but the gaming press acted as if it's NOTHING (they are jealous in their lack of skill when it comes to technology and digital matters, and in this case, digital art. so instead of giving praise they pretend like it's just nothing special, they probably think it makes them seem like more hardcore critics. problem is that they're not consistent at all, definitely turn their cape with the wind, when it benefits them. give bad criticism to non mainstream games = "hardcore critic". give praise to mainstream games = get credits by their peers. meaning they fill all kind of quotas that way, with no backlash... yet!) when they saw THE GAMEPLAY of that section. but then you give them something extremely generic that literally has been done thousands of times times and look like fucking crap in all sort of ways whatsoever, they will hail it as the best thing since sliced bread. the fuck. i can't stress enough how stupid people are when it comes to games (and in general). mainly because they are stupid, doesn't analyze things, think, or ask questions. gaming is a new entertainment to them (and growing!), they don't know the tech that goes behind them, nor do they actually care or appreciate good art or anything that is not mainstream/safe etc etc etc... i can go on.

tl;dr people are fucking stupid. and even more stupid when it comes to games & tech. every game is fucking stupid now, made for stupid people. who dont know shit. thus, growing and growing as an "entertainment". that's why the world will explode one day. gaming back in the day were for smart people, deep people, people who cared about beauty and art. highly mathematic stuff. now it's just for impatient sub-75 IQ wannabe geeks playing the latest generic, repetive blockbuster while screaming into a mic for youtube views and attention. send them back to the stone age where they belong, is my reaction and i can't help it. go to *REDACTED* for people taking refuge from all this superficial retarded shit and actually play games for the RIGHT REASON (the few times per year there actually is something released for us to play and enjoy..)

*misanthrope*
                  wonder why i even bother.

Originally posted by Osseovs View Post
                  It's such a shame, too, because the backgrounds in REmake are flawless and atmospheric. Now it just looks like a bad Photoshop job; not to mention it seems to be shown at 720p rather than 1080p. I can imagine it would look that much worse if it were, though, haha.

I am intrigued by his new game, though. Crossing my fingers that it really does deliver on horror like they're touting.
                  they are. just needed to be native 1080p and it would be the greatest looking game ever, graphically and artistically... until they would have to remake it in 4/8k and so on ;)

don't expect straight up horror. it will definitely be quite action-y, but in a different sense of the term. basicially bio 4, but more horror and slightly less action and shootbang, yeah.
                  Last edited by volta; 08-06-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                    • Apr 2014

Just finished playing Dishonored, twice in different ways, as well as the knife of dunwall, and brigmore witches dlcs. Best game I've played in a long time.

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

P.T is silent hill :o

it felt very non-japanese to me at first, but then the clues became more and more obvious.

- the announcement came immediately after kojima showing of MGSV
                      - the menu and fonts looked similar to metal gear solid v.
                      - it reminded very much of the "reveal" of phantom pain.
                      - it looked very fox engine-ish.
                      - toyama has shown interest in working on a new first-person horror game.
                      - kojima has shown interest in a new silent hill.
                      - masahiro ito wants to work on a new silent hill.
                      - the sounds were "ripped" staright out of pyramid head rape scene. <--- the biggest clue to me

very happy to see silent hill back in japanese hands (ITS BEEN TEN YEARS!). two things though; main character looks fucking awful. not happy it being based by some silly celeb *puke* and that kojima is apparently collaborating with del toro. WHY?!?!?!?

unfortunately, these two things have already ruined the game for me T_T
                      Last edited by volta; 08-12-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                        • Oct 2012

did you already download the demo? I`m still downloading it and had no idea it was silent hill. I just watched it announced that it was free during playstation`s conference at Gamescom. Then I read about norman reedus being the new protagonist in a Kokima/del toro Silent hill game, but had no idea it was all connected to P.T.
                        Speaking of Gamescom, the gameplay for Bloodborne was amazing, and Rime looks unbelievable. That stood out the most from the conference. Well, that and the new uses for the cardboard box in MGS V

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

nah, don't have a ps4 yet (long story that still piss me of to this day.. too many retards out there looking for quick/easy bucks and will do anyting to screw you over EVEN WHEN YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT). nothing that i really need to play so far either except for t.p, so it's not too bad. bloodborne early next year will change that :)

i didnt like the new cardboard box in phantom pain..
                          those scantily-clad women do not fit very well :/
                          first time kojimas "pervy" tendencies feels really out of place!
                          Last edited by volta; 08-13-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• pilgrim
                            • Apr 2014

Norman Reedus To Star In New Silent Hill Video Game, developed by Guillermo Del Toro And Hideo Kojima

I thought pans labyrinth was pretty good. Hideo Kojima will obviously elevate this game. Having never played Silent Hill before, but always thought the atmosphere it creates is interesting, I'll be looking forward to this.

Comment

• resolution653
                              • Nov 2013

Looking forward to quite a few releases in the upcoming months. The one I am looking forward to most is Dragon Age: Inquisition. Currently playing the Trine series, recently was updated to "enchanted edition" so Trine 1 with updated graphics of Trine 2. Got the bundle on sale for $5. Highly recommend, a fun casual game.

Thinking of purchasing Xbone, just for fighting games. Killer Instinct, and Mortal Kombat X. It is quite an investment for me, considering I'd have to buy a $200 arcade joystick on top of the console + game and Xbox live subscription. My thoughts are like, that money could go towards upgrading my PC, Geforce 800 series GPUs around the corner... don't know, but most likely I'll hold off on the Xbone. If/when it ever reaches $299, I'd cop it without a second thought.

Just thinking out loud here.

Comment

• Osseovs
                                • Oct 2012

Rime for PS4. A number of people have been comparing it to Wind Waker, but it gives off more of an Ico or Shadow of the Colossus vibe for me (despite the obvious cel visual style). I'm rather intrigued.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎