Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zenith
    • Jun 2009

It's not required no. The combat mechanics are very different and it's not connected to those games lore wise. Just be prepared to die, alot. Played the last three souls games and I'm being humbled quite readily in this.

Comment

• Monoral
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
      My hunter´s new grab would be SZ hall of fame.
      LOL that is exactly what i thought. Some more SZ qualify than others. The various hunter set is totally SZ.

Comment

• thinbuddha
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
        Anyone play Shadow of Mordor yet? I played it for a good bit last week and it's fun if not a bit repetitive.
        I played it for a bit then got bored. The Nemesis system is the best part, but you're right - it can get repetitive.

Comment

• thinbuddha
          • Jul 2011

Is anyone playing The Witcher 3 at the moment? Any advice on winning in Gwent? Getting my ass kicked and I feel like it's pay to win...

Comment

• tapchung
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
            Is anyone playing The Witcher 3 at the moment? Any advice on winning in Gwent? Getting my ass kicked and I feel like it's pay to win...
            So far, I've logged 90 hours+ into the game. Damn, this has been my fav RPG in the recent years.

There are a few tips I can give regarding gwent:
            -I recommend using the Northern Realm deck first of all (which goes along with the intention of keeping the card advantage since you can pick one card after winning a round).
            -If you haven't, get as many spy cards as possible (I think you get Dijkstra unit card from the bloody baron, Prince Stenis is in your deck when you start out, not sure about Thaler)
            - Put as many decoys in your deck as possible (This is so that you can retrieve enemy spy cards on your side)
            - I usually put in cards that have special effects (prioritize spies, medics and the one that doubles damage of cards with the same name)
            - Also, I only keep the card number at 22 to maximize the chance of picking medics and spies
            - Put in a scorch or a commander's horn, don't base your deck solely around weather cards
            - The key here is to gain card number advantage by throwing as many spy cards as possible in the first round and taking enemy's spy cards when they play them
            - Most likely you will have to forfeit your first round (I use the first usually to bait the opponent into putting their stronger cards) but if you win the first without putting down too many cards, you can go all in on the second

It's not really pay to win as the game limits the cards that you can purchase (I mostly see special cards which the game limits at 10 in a deck).

Comment

• thinbuddha
              • Jul 2011

thank you this is incredibly helpful. where's the best spot to buy some of these standard cards (scorch, commander's horn, etc.)? Innkeepers?

Comment

• tapchung
                • Oct 2013

^Yeah, innkeepers are a good source of cards for you. If you've bought everything from him, I think the stock will reset after 5 in-game days.

Assuming that you have the latest patch, I recommend going back to White Orchard and see the innkeepers there and the merchant that you rescued in the beginning of the game (from the griffon).

One of the cards he sells is a Northern Realm leader card that clears weather effect which is pretty useful so you can get rid of one weather-clearing card from your deck to get space for some other special cards.

Comment

• thinbuddha
                  • Jul 2011

Thank you thank you I'm winning almost every game now. Have a kickass nilf deck I'm using.

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

The Phantom Pain is very near. Any of you guys here will be playing that next Tuesday?

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                      • Apr 2014

I finished The Wolf Among Us as well as Borderlands 1 & 2 Game of the Year Edition this summer. Love the humor of the game, but the combat system just isn't for me. Too much emphasis on the weapons and not enough on individual class skills.

Looking forward to getting Borderlands The Pre-sequel once it's discounted at 75% off on Steam of course, as well as Tales from Borderlands. And then there's Deus Ex: Man Kind Divided and Dishonored 2. Gotta say E3 has been great this year.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                        • Nov 2014

Only play games on the PC now, stopped caring for consoles after the PS3. I've been playing Brawhalla lately, fighting mechanics are similar to the Super Smash series yet not to the point it feels copy/paste. Other games include Dungeon Fighter Online Global (now being hosted by Neople as oppose to Nexon when they were the publishers for NA) and Blade and Soul once the NA CBT starts.
                        "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• aussy
                          • Jul 2011

a question for pc gamers and mech nerds: pok3r or fc660m? aka (at least for me) aluminum case or arrow keys?

taking the plunge into life sans logitech

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                            The Phantom Pain is very near. Any of you guys here will be playing that next Tuesday?

I already played the first hour, now gotta continue downloading the rest of the game to have access since my internet is kinda slow. Bonkers intro.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                              • Apr 2014

Deus Ex: Human Revolution at 80% off on Steam. This is going to be good.

Comment

• En.
                                • May 2015

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                                Deus Ex: Human Revolution at 80% off on Steam. This is going to be good.
                                The entire series is 80% off. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't played any of the installments, notably the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎