Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

What do you do when the guy you're sort of seeing gets invited to be in a show at a museum in Berlin, and decides to use one of your ideas (That he stole) as the centerpiece of his show?

Sigh...
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

you call him a thief
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Well, I don't really know what to do. He flies to Berlin next week to start working on the piece. It's an installation work, and it's something that I've always wanted to get into (But obviously don't have the funding for), so in a way it gets to be realized even without my involvement. He's already rented/purchased a number of the components to make it happen.

Maybe I'm being a pussy or letting my heart get too mixed up in this. Maybe just accept it as a lesson learned.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

its still thievery. even though it is common. i'd at least push for a collaboration credit or something.

just be honest with him. he's being pretty uncool...

whatever u do don't ignore it because he knows he nipped your idea and doormats are not very attractive. he could steal your idea then break your heart.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

like if hes talked to you about the details of the project and u didnt object to him usin your idea then he might have thought u are ok with it . idk if i was in your situation and someone was like sup ima use that idea u had and then started tellin me details and i didnt say anything like " u fuckin biterrrrrr " , then its a little bit my own fault for not disagreein with him , u know what i mean ?

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

Vanna, sounds like you are being used. Confront him immediately about it. I really think this might end up being a lessons learned type of experience, but do whatever you can to receive what is rightfully yours.

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

I think that I've sort of been waiting for him to come around and tell me himself that he'd like to credit me, but it's been a few weeks now and nothing has happened. I know it's seems really easy to just call him out on it (And I am generally NOT a pushover), but it's different when there are other feelings involved. I do think that he's a genuine guy, in that, at the very least he was forthright about telling me that he was gonna use the idea. But also, it's not that I have such intense feelings for him that I would be destroyed if I did confront him and he responded negatively. I do agree with Jogu that it was a little bit my fault. Who knew that he'd be responsive to the idea when we were just sitting around talking about future ideas/projects. I sure as hell didn't. And yes Lane, definitely a lesson learned.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

lolwut

sain't

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                    lolwut

the guy's a walking insanity plea

(what's up with that pink dot btw?)

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

AIDS walk was such a fucking mess. Never go with two dueling queens. You'll never hear the end of it.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

/\ I guess an isolated cultural group in an undiscovered continent would feel the same way about high heels.
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

I need to plan an End of the World party for this Friday:

An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                            I need to plan an End of the World party for this Friday:
                            As a Christian I am somewhat offended and amused by this idiot and his publicity stunt..........I have been hearing all kind of ridiculous stories with regards to peoples reaction to his predictions...........
                            Its people like him that gives many people a reason to dislike religion.

Also, I heard some idiot gave them his life savings of over 100K to make those signs..............i really wonder what he will do come Sunday morning..........
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

^That last part is sad. You're completely right; that does give people reason to dislike organized religion. They could easily see it as that old man cheating an innocent man out of his life savings. I read the link you posted sometime last month and just couldn't get where the man was coming from. He made some assumptions and leaps so big that they're just comical.

Maybe I should tune in to the show next Monday to hear his explanation of why we're all still here.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

off to paris in a few hours, but i just wanna stay in bed...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎