Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docus
    • Dec 2010

The rioting has spread to Hackney! Hooded teenagers in running skirmishes with riot police on Mare Street. Never seen anything like it in my 15 years living here. Where is all this heading?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

Mate i grew up in Tottenham and Woodgreen.
      Its kids being opportunists, nothing more! This is Blairs Labour Legacy.

Personally if kids got some licks when young they wont be behaving like animals.
      I witnessed a lot of the aftermath, and was not a pretty sight to say the least.

The youtube videos show how ridiculous it is. People queing to loot a sports shop. That is rather British, no?
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
        The youtube videos show how ridiculous it is. People queing to loot a sports shop. That is rather British, no?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

WATCH FROM 1:00
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

that is both hilarious and incredibly sad
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• docus
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              Mate i grew up in Tottenham and Woodgreen.
              Its kids being opportunists, nothing more! This is Blairs Labour Legacy.

Personally if kids got some licks when young they wont be behaving like animals.
              I witnessed a lot of the aftermath, and was not a pretty sight to say the least.

In that case, why are the riots now, rather than last year, or the year before? Is it any coincidence that this is the year the public sector cuts are really being felt, with youth services slashed by 75% in deprived areas like Hackney and Tottenham? Is it any coincidence that this is also the year in which the massive increase in tuition fees for students has wiped out education prospects for a whole swathe of Britain's young? Unemployment is rising, the gap between rich and poor is widening.

Yes, in some respects they're just 'opportunists' out looting - exactly like the bankers who have plundered our economy for the last decade, and who get bailed out by their cronies in Government. No wonder these kids have a distorted sense of right and wrong, when they see wanton greed and corruption on that vast scale going unpunished. These kids have had their futures stolen from them and they are angry.

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                that is both hilarious and incredibly sad

Fuck all funny with that.

Docus has made some valid points, among many things this is a result of an "underclass" which has been years in the making but never acknowledged... by no government..ever

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

You have valid points. What u fail to realise is the kids doing this are fucking thick as two planks. They have no idea of what's going on in the world beyond where can I get a draw and I'm the baddest man in the ends. I see these lil shits every day. There is no excuses for them. Ignorant, un educated foolish feral youths. I've grown up in this areas my whole life, and they have always been rough. But everyone has a chouce in life. You can go school, work or run on road doing road man things. Its as simple as that. Education starts at home first and foremost. As I said before this is the legacy left by Blairs New Labour.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                    Fuck all funny with that.
                    I'm not sure what this means, but for the record I was lol'ing specifically (and superfically) on the sight of someone lining up to rob a store, not the situation in general.

Comment

• marco-von
                      • Feb 2009

Prime minister out the country on a holiday.

MET which is supposedly the finest police in the UK totally losing control of the situation.

yardie's be coming for your clothes, microwaves and alarm clocks...but only if brand new with original packaging.

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

^I know what you were referring to ^

But in place of hilarious, should be ludicrous.

Perhaps this a subject too close to home for me, and I am not referring to the vocabulary.

Comment

• syed
                          • Sep 2010

Thought this was quite to the point http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH
                          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• andrew
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by marco-von View Post
                            Prime minister out the country on a holiday.

MET which is supposedly the finest police in the UK totally losing control of the situation.
                            I would seldom speak in defence of the pm but he is already on his way back and the police are pretty powerless because if they do anything they will get no end of flak and probably lose their jobs so instead they can only stand and watch the looting and be attacked.

Comment

• marco-von
                              • Feb 2009

you are right it has only taken him 3 days to fly home...tuscany is surrounded in tin foil so it does make it hard to get a phone reception and tv.

as for the MET, they weren't too powerless to take bribes or release information on cases which consisted of little girls being raped and murdered....i suppose being powerless to protect peoples businesses and property doesn't tip well enough.

Comment

• andrew
                                • Sep 2009

firstly the last two days have been nothing compared to whats happening today, there was no reason to assume that it would escalate like it has. I dont think much of the man but i can underdstand that he wasnt on a plane back the instant that the demonstration took place.

secondly i dont think you can accuse the entire police force of being at fault of a few and even if you could thats a whole other thing. yes they should be doing more at the moment but there are hundreds of people taking parts in these things, how many officers do you think there are available in all these areas the moment things happen.
                                i live in east london and my experience of the police has been good, i'm bored of all this fucking "the police are corrupt / racist / useless" bullshit, the morons looting shops and attacking and robbing people are the problem here why not show the police a little support for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎