Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

oh dam thx , am watchin the hombre lobo one , gonna find ginger snaps next . i just finished watching dog soldiers god that was a good one , i rank it high up there along with american wwolf in london and silver bullet . watched a clip of the jack nicholson one , blows

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
      btw i play magic also tho only online , i cant fuckin wait for the new block . was lookin thru the spoilers and saw the new garruk and all the wolves . i dont rly play green much but i mite try puttin togeth a wolf deck with the new green legend mayor of avabruck . my fave card in the set is geist of saint traft
      god look at that art , i love that hes a cleric usin edged weapons . im alrdy tweekin my blue / white deck to center around him w / lots of counter magic to protect him
      btw howd u do at prerelease ?? isnt the mayor card the prelease promo
      That card looks so good for 3 mana. A 4/4 flyer on attack?!?! Now if only he wasn't a legend...
      I recommend against solid green werewolf though, either do red/green or green/white. My tourny deck was green/white removal, because apparently white is really good a removal right now...
      But yeah, the mayor was the prelease promo. I was in around the top 5 of like...60 people? but I had to leave early cause I'm watching a friend's dog/house sitting for the weekend =/. (He has a routine eating schedule).

oh dam thx , am watchin the hombre lobo one , gonna find ginger snaps next . i just finished watching dog soldiers god that was a good one , i rank it high up there along with american wwolf in london and silver bullet . watched a clip of the jack nicholson one , blows
      I won't argue with that, hah. Van Helsing is also a terrible werewolf-esque movie.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Prezens
        • Aug 2011

I found nowhere else more appropriate than here to ask this, so :

was wondering on the durability of shoes/boots by the likes of guidi, cd, ccp etc in comparison to the sartorial heavyweights like berluti (well im pretty sure theyre definitely better than berlutis RTW at least ), tbh i think berluti isnt quite the best example (their bespoke probably is), but what about brands like corthay, ed green etc.

p.s. with regards to personal style and finish and everything else, i'd much rather have a pair of guidis, but I guess im just really trying to compare the quality across the whole shoemaking spectrum, to see where the likes of Simone cecchetto really stand. I believe that they should be more durable, as they seem like they could be worn on a much more regular basis, but I would like to hear from someone who has had experience of both sides.
        One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• Prezens
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by merz
          The real issue taken with them by some is the apparently-derivative nature of their designs, though it's not like there is much of an alternative in a post-carpe world to making the most bulky, distressed unshaved-reverse-donkey-anus shit kicking 1800's-Italian-peasant-clown-shoe 2 full sizes bigger than marked.. Well, alright, maybe a no-seam cowboy boot.

Thanks merz, that was a reassuring post, and although i haven't heard from someone who's had a good look at the other side of the fence, I think my belief is 1 step closer to solidification. I just need that nail in the sartorial coffin, which i'm hoping someone on here can deliver, and then im good....

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

I own a *lot* of shoes. So many that I'm not going to embarrass myself with an actual count. Some are bespoke. Of my shoes that retail for more than $1700, I can say with confidence that Guidis basically turn into gloves/socks for your feet within days. There is nary a break-in period (same with my Avantidietros.) I have a pair of Guidi i Rossellis from, say, 15 years ago that remain absolutely fine shit-kickers in pristine condition to this very day and are more dapper than 95% of the shoes I see on this site.

Ask Merz - I believe for his recent G acquisition, he was looking for contemporary Guidis with the details of my old pair. He located some - close but not exact - in Japan.

Further proof: day of the SZ party in New York, was raining cats and dogs. Friend soaked his shoes all the way through. My feet, keep inside my guidis, however, remained untouched. Still haven't even required a polish...

MBD

p.s. I am curious: what models are you considering?
            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• etgreg
              • Jan 2011

anyone recommend some good werewolf movies
              jogu, here is another one “The Company of Wolfs” you might want to check out; it’s more of a fairy tale with hints of Little Red Riding Hood in it. It also has an interesting sexual twist.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Oh man, worlds intersect. I can't believe MtG is being discussed on SZ.

Back in middle school/early high school I used to play this game hardcore. Back in the era where you could still find a Shivan Dragon in packs of Revised Edition... people still played with original Moxes and Black Lotus and every so often, an unopened pack of Arabian Nights would still be found on the market.

Those were fun times! Cool to see there is still a following.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Prezens
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                  Further proof: day of the SZ party in New York, was raining cats and dogs. Friend soaked his shoes all the way through. My feet, keep inside my guidis, however, remained untouched. Still haven't even required a polish...
                  impressive. i think performance in heavy rain is often the litmus test for most supposedly sturdy shoes.

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                  p.s. I am curious: what models are you considering?
                  unfortunately, i can only observe and speculate for now, as a pair now would cripple me financially sad times

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Dis's post in the Kindle thread reminded me - TheThief and I had lunch at Dover Street Market right next to John Waters and Adrian Joffe.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      Oh man, worlds intersect. I can't believe MtG is being discussed on SZ.

Back in middle school/early high school I used to play this game hardcore. Back in the era where you could still find a Shivan Dragon in packs of Revised Edition... people still played with original Moxes and Black Lotus and every so often, an unopened pack of Arabian Nights would still be found on the market.

Those were fun times! Cool to see there is still a following.
                      Do you still have any such cards? Because they are worth quite the small fortune now...I've personally been looking at selling much of my collection on the account that I generally only do pre-release and the occasional standard now.
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Prezens
                        • Aug 2011

Do not try this at home..

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

^i want off this planet. all activists and police are fucking gay.
                            Last edited by volta; 09-27-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

another werewolf film, sort of

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by volta View Post
                                ^i want off this planet. all activists and police are fucking gay.
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎