Comment

• profondo nero
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

Comment

• Rosenrot
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by merz
        ninja me ninja.. .. rosenrot, would you like to be a little more specific? i'd be more than happy to respond if your comment came in reference to my posts. some recent events have given me more cause to think about this than usual.
        You may be prone to a snide remark or two, IIRC, but you're not the worst offender.
        Originally posted by Patroklus
        Better too adventurous than not enough
        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

[RANT]
          wtf is up with customer service/support these daze? why does everyone need to know your life history and living habits before ATTEMPTING to resolve a customer service/tech issue. they ask the most inane questions totally unrelated to the issue in need of resolution. the first 20 mins of any customer service call is wasted on "tier 1" idiots who are barely able to answer the phone. navigating up the hierarchy of "experts" is a fuckin' nightmare..... BUT you can always count on bein thanked for calling and to hang on to "participate in a survey"...... WTF is up with these surveys?... do they really want to be evaluated?
          [/RANT]

unrelated observation: why does EVERY business/site have an "app"?

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

Anyone here going to Unsound in Krakow next week?
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
              Banned
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post

unrelated observation: why does EVERY business/site have an "app"?
              cuz not having one is a disadvantage

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

I'm not fond of pets, but these are awesome. Kindof like a cat with the temperament of a dog. Good thing they're illegal in NYC, because I'd be scared shitless if I was absentmindedly walking and heard a savannah cat "snake hiss".
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• MJRH
                  • Nov 2006

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• tron
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post

I'm not fond of pets, but these are awesome. Kindof like a cat with the temperament of a dog. Good thing they're illegal in NYC, because I'd be scared shitless if I was absentmindedly walking and heard a savannah cat "snake hiss".
                    Those things are hilarious when they have the right temperament but they can be vicious beasts. They'll sit in the shower with you which is amazing for a feline
                    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• lalilulelo
                      • Sep 2012

Anyone who watched the VP debate, what do you think about this twilight zone we're in politically? Will there be a younger generation in a decade that is real?

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2011

first world problem: it aint easy balancing kops with gaining/losing weight thru weight lifting

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lalilulelo View Post
                          Anyone who watched the VP debate, what do you think about this twilight zone we're in politically?
                          It's really funny to hear any politician complain about welfare considering vast tracts of Medicare/Medicaid and our military budgets are just corporate giveaways. millionaire dudes pay us, then get the money back thru our tax dollars while paying a lower tax rate than us. idk, i get the feeling like this should be illegal.

Will there be a younger generation in a decade that is real?
                          what?

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

:-o
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

:-o

U S A, U S A, U S A!!!!

etc
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lalilulelo
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                                what?
                                I'll try to explain what I meant.

The best of the news media culture hasn't evolved with their audience. The political culture of this era, I think, is what allows people to become apathetic. I understand this is apparent to anyone who isn't a fool. But to try to make my point - generally, people accept things that are bigger than them as they are and subconsciously realize there is not much they can do about it. But now, there are so many pressures people deal with (especially the dissonance between young people and older generations) that they're beginning to realize their own weaknesses in order to overcome them, or at least behave in a way that allows them to be successful emotionally and hopefully financially. I'm talking about the general culture, not those of us here who are in touch with humanity.

The people who are projecting an image of themselves they want to believe and want others to perceive them as - I think that this type of culture will shift very soon in a direction that reflects that people want to feel something "real."

Obama tried to behave with class in his debate with Romney, but some of the swing voters will of course respond to Romneys dominance. Romneys emotional appeals/arguments and somewhat disruptive tone is what some undecided voters respond to.

I'm stating the question of - what people here think about the next 10 years of political and media culture becoming something more "real."

The entertainment industry is, although sometimes distasteful, constantly improving it's quality, even though most of it is shit. And even though the red states are undeniably somewhat racist and a disappointment to travel to, they're advancing culturally because of all the fucked up shit they have to deal with - in two ways:
                                • The older generation says fuck it and continues being the way they are.

• And the younger generation says fuck it, but is willing to be vulnerable.

What I mean to say is that all of this cultural, euphemistic way of doing things is a reflection of the political culture and news medias behavior on the national stage and vice versa.

The idea that in a decade there might be a culture that is willing to see itself honestly is really intriguing to me.

Talking about politics is always a challenge and I'm feeling lazy.

So, fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎