X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lane
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rilu
    I find this thought heavily misleading because it affirms that a blank vote (or a protest vote) is in fact a vote, but it misses to portray it as a deliberative stance. I am not sure about the US voting system and the consequences of too few people showing up, but in some countries that is an important way of showing that the candidates just don't cover the choices of the population.
    its similar here rilu, a lot of people nowadays proclaim themselves to be independents. Sure, a lot of it is out of sheer ignorance, but its also because a tremendous amount of people are baffled by the two party system since they are being bombarded with rhetoric while the system takes its course.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Rilu,

I will read this article when i get a chance, and i am not going to comment on number 2 and 3 in what you quoted from it because that requires a clearer understanding than i might have at the moment.

however, let me take #1.
      the war on terrorism is not an easy one, and while I would never like to see young Children killed under any kind of circumstances.

the idea of terrorists attacking other people then using their own society of women and children as human shields is a crazy thing,
      What suggestions does the article, and the people who disagree with this action make to address this problem that they conclude the president is addressing the wrong way?
      What is Pakistan doing about weeding out the terrorist from their own society so that there presence there and the desire to bring them to justice does not wreak havoc on the society at large?

I think that we here in the west, have not really seek to properly understand the religious zeal and undercurrent of violence that is often fosters and breeds the kind of terror we now have to deal with.

Such things will require a level of philosophical discourse that is often controversial, as such we evade obvious realities and try to separate aspects of a problem that cannot be treated independently of the whole......
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• sam_tem
        • Apr 2007

...but we've beaten a dead horse. let me just take a step back and say that i wish i had the luxury of not voting. i live in texas where my community, local politicians, city, state and country all require me to choose a side. lives and livelihoods are at stake during the next 4 years.

i hope you give the less fortunate in my community a second thought and choose a side before you increase Romney's chances of winning, but if you choose to fight the establishment instead, godspeed and good luck.

as it is, culture and familial bonds will continue to provide the impetuses for change in society, and politicking will play it's sideshow. let's focus on building the bonds that bind society together. for me, voting is bonding.
        Last edited by sam_tem; 10-30-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

relevant

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• profondo nero
            • Aug 2012

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

not trans but i identify with some of these
              "Transgender" is like a really extreme form of gay. I turned gay back in 2003 just to be different, and although it upset my family, it wasn't quite different enough, so I thought I'd get some surgery and shit to really fuck with everyone.

P - Patronizing comments
              So, you’re at a house party and some girl with shitty legs is excitedly telling you, “Ooh, you’ve got better legs than ME!” And you’re thinking, Well duh, most people do, but you don’t say that because, you know, it’s a house party and, you know, you just wanna get laid. So you head into the kitchen and some other girl goes, “Oh, I’ve heard ALL about YOU!” And you’re thinking, Really, have you? Because I haven’t heard anything about you, bitch. And what exactly have you heard? Did you hear that I have a first class degree? That I speak three languages? That I’m a sex symbol in my field? Or did you hear some squalid details about my medical history? But, of course, you don’t say these things because, you know, you don’t wanna be a party pooper, so you head home and the next day your “friend” calls to say “Oh, everyone LOVED you last night, they all found it SO much easier to be around you than they thought it would be… you’re really not what they imagined at all!” And you think, You know what, fuck it, I’m actually going to shit in your mouth next time I see you.
              i feel kind of dirty tho bcuz i've always been under the impression that VICE sucks

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

Well, trying to get into Manhattan was a fail.
                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Lane
                  • Aug 2010

K - Ketamine
                  Whatever you do, don’t do ketamine and look in the mirror if you’re a trans woman. The Man in the Mirror will be there. And we don't like him.
                  Honorable mentions: Katie Price; knowing since like, forever…
                  I laughed so hard at this part, beautiful.

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

The rule of reciprocity.

sain't

Comment

• lalilulelo
                      • Sep 2012

oh shit, haha! omygod

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

made my day ^^^ interest1.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

I have that power.
                          sain't

Comment

• Aleks
                            • Feb 2009

http://animalsbeingdicks.com/

Comment

• lalilulelo
                              • Sep 2012

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

i'd like a username change to Princess Patroklus
                                or maybe Queen Patroklus

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎