Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

i say yes to roller-skating AND reefer.

-

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

Good news from the curator I've been working with. Paintings will be at a show in Boston in Feb. YAY.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Philipppp
        • Apr 2010

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Color of the season:

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

If we fall off the fiscal cliff, I'm prepared to start buying H&M.

Clinching my ass in 2013 for:

• payroll taxes back to 6.2%
            • raise in income tax (20%-tile looking at 5-figure increases)
            • raise in capital gains tax to 20%
            • raise in dividend tax (to match new income tax rate?)
            • raise in estate taxes to whopping 55% (1 mil.+ estates; plan to die before the year is over)
            • AMT (not sure if it will affect me yet)
            • no more federal unemployment
            Last edited by endersgame; 12-29-2012, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Still, first world problems.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Carcass
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                Good news from the curator I've been working with. Paintings will be at a show in Boston in Feb. YAY.
                Hey, let us know when and where! I'm sure there are a few of us in the area who would like to check it out.

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Carcass View Post
                  Hey, let us know when and where! I'm sure there are a few of us in the area who would like to check it out.
                  It's going to be at the Mills art space near Berklee College of Music (So my boyfriend tells me) on February 15th. Come one come all!
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Me with my little baby.

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

If we fall off the fiscal cliff, I'm prepared to start buying H&M.

Clinching my ass in 2013 for:

• payroll taxes back to 6.2%
                      • raise in income tax (20%-tile looking at 5-figure increases)
                      • raise in capital gains tax to 20%
                      • raise in dividend tax (to match new income tax rate?)
                      • raise in estate taxes to whopping 55% (1 mil.+ estates; plan to die before the year is over)
                      • AMT (not sure if it will affect me yet)
                      • no more federal unemployment

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

Still, first world problems.
                      Yes, mrbeuys, they may very well be.

But remember, the majority of the buying power responsible for supporting the very brands we members here fill our closets with is generated by the residual incomes of us First-Worlders – less so, percentage-wise, by the Second World populace – and is virtually non-existent when we cross over into Third World.

endersgame has reason to clench those designer-trouser wearing buttocks of his, when you take into consideration the potential domino effect this whole politi-fuck may bring. I can't think of one person it won't affect.

I'm usually right there next to you with your retorts, but that one made me wonder if you are paying any attention at all to what's going on outside of your own personal universe.

sain't

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

to be fair, endersgame was focusing solely on a slew of tax hikes that affect only americans sitting at the very top of the income pie, certainly not something that brings out the sympathy. Of course i'm not happy my taxes are about to go up by nearly the same amount as those making up to 8 times what i do, but i understand complaining about my taxes is a bit selfish these days.

i certainly didn't see much of any concern in his post for the de-stimulative affects of clamping down government spending in the period of a recession and how that affects the masses that are still looking for full-time jobs and trying to keep their familial finances in good standing.

fiscal cliff may affect us all, but it does in vastly different ways.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

No he wasn't.

His first bullet point focuses on the entire middle class, his last focuses on those most struggling.

FYI, neither demographic have gold-plated toilet paper dispensers.
                          sain't

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

well

we are all screwed by a set of jackasses who are/ will be least affected
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Yes.

And that's why those jackasses, as you can imagine, will drink to that.

EDIT:

Donkey democrat symbolism not intentional!

Couldn't find a damn elephant GIF to save my life.
                              Last edited by interest1; 12-29-2012, 08:52 PM. Reason: I'm not seeing pink elephants
                              sain't

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

The solution to the fiscal cliff is actually pretty straight forward, although it won't ever be utilized. A large portion of defense spending, Medicare/Medicaid, and Social Security, which represent somewhere around 60% of all federal expenitures, are actually trojan horse schemes for corporate giveaways. Nuking these assets would balance the budget very effectively and the only firms that would hurt for it are those that are poisonous to the market as a whole, but since the policy makers are the same people benefiting from them, it's much less painful for them to give us the bill.

Some of the more dedicated Occupiers have begun small barter economies and developed time-based currencies. I like that approach the most. The USD is imaginary money anyway, so replacing it with different imaginary money is a very effective solution, especially if we don't give any of our imaginary numbers to those assholes that already have all of the USDs. Now we just need to price goods that they actually want in our Freedom Dollars. Like, we gotta get the yacht makers and fine Scotch distillers onto the Freedom Dollar. What's that? You want to buy our product with USD? Sorry, we don't accept worthless currency.

I'm kidding, of course. Time-based currency is substantially more sensical than fiat currency; it actually has a unit of value.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎