Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

haha, what a terrible article and website. reads like someone is new to the internet, got awfully butthurt and that it still stings.

these are professional adult beings? WOW, takes nothing nowadays! i would have seriously thought it's written by a conservative, sheltered mormon teen girl.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ perhaps you, out of all people, should give it a more careful reading.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

i can't take that "article" seriously. maybe the gist of it is correct (it's not), but the execution is extremely unprofessional. seems like it takes nothing nowadays, just spout some drivel and scared people (which is.. all of them) will flock to it like pigs to garbage and call you an expert cause you have the [questionable] 'credentials' to show. who are the trolls, really?

"So next time you encounter a troll online, remember a few things. (1) These trolls are some truly messed up people and (2) it is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them."

how can you read this and not laugh? reads like fucking tumblr, not that there's a difference between the real world, tumbEW, twatter, fagbook, instagay, they are walking the streets after all, the REAL NARCISSISTIC PSYCHOS, i say.

yeah, i'm sure they're out there doing awful things when they're not trolling and listening to their "heavy metal goth musics" aka the devil's music and whatnot.. NOT TOTALLY UNLIKE 99.9% OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THATS LOOKING TO SCREW YOU OVER FOR A PROFIT, PERSONAL OR BUSINESS (LIKE THE CUNT WITH THE ARTICLE ABOVE, INTEGRITY WENT OUT THE WINDOW WHEN SHE SMELLED MONEY AND THEN HAVE THE GALL TO FUCKING POINT FINGERS?)!

you don't think these sheeps changes opinions as soon as they realize it's profitable and then act like that was always the case? BULLSHIT! see it everyday, what world do you live in?
        Last edited by volta; 09-22-2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

u ok there, buddy? u seem a little bit upset about something u read on the internet.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

yowsers
            music

Comment

• deltapie
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by volta View Post
              you don't think these sheeps changes opinions as soon as they realize it's profitable and then act like that was always the case? BULLSHIT! see it everyday, what world do you live in?
              conspiracy theories incoming.
              "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

"You poked my heart." (1:30)

Cuteness really is, at times, unbearable.
                sain't

Comment

• i-d-g
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                  Cuteness really is, at times, unbearable.
                  "no you pretty. you not real. i'm real." such a complex whirlwind of emotion and existentialism coming from a toddler.

also, i love the girl in the middle who is mediating the argument.
                  “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

watch.

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post

"no you pretty. you not real. i'm real." such a complex whirlwind of emotion and existentialism coming from a toddler.

also, i love the girl in the middle who is mediating the argument.
                      I was so caught up in the "it's spwinkling / no, it's waining!" debate that I missed that line.

All I know is that when that wee little voice uttered "you poked my heart", I melted completely to the floor.
                      sain't

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Photographer Sandro Miller's collaboration with John Malkovich recreates
                        some of the world's most iconic images for new project,
                        Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich: Homage to Photographic Masters

In addition to serving as the model, Malkovich was "very involved" behind the scenes, says Miller. The actor often applied his own makeup – a process that took "at least two hours per shot" – and made his own wax nose for the Picasso and Salvador Dalí photos.

Alberton Korda / Che Guevara (1960), 2014

Richard Avedon / Ronald Fischer (1981), 2014

Philippe Halsman / Salvador Dalí (1954), 2014

Pierre et Gilles / Jean Paul Gaultier (1990), 2014

Dorothea Lange / Migrant Mother (1936), 2014

Irving Penn / Truman Capote (1948), 2014

Herb Ritts / Jack Nicholson (1988), 2014

Gordon Parks / American Gothic (1942), 2014

Annie Leibovitz / John Lennon and Yoko Ono (1980), 2014

Albert Watson / Alfred Hitchcock (1973), 2014
                        sain't

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Andres Serrano / Piss Christ, (1987), 2014

Robert Mapplethorpe / Self Portrait (1983), 2014

Andy Warhol / Green Marilyn (1962), 2014

Diane Arbus / Identical Twins (1967), 2014

Andy Warhol / Self Portrait (1986), 2014

Irving Penn / Pablo Picasso (1957), 2014

Bert Stern / Marilyn Monroe (1962), 2014

Victor Skrebneski / Bette Davis (1971), 2014

Arthur Sasse / Albert Einstein (1951), 2014

"Eighteen months ago I flew to France to see John, armed with a package of 30 iconic images by 28 master photographers, and to tell him about my idea for a new project. After consuming two bottles of wine with John, I showed him my idea and he fell in love.

My biggest fear was that people wouldn’t take this project seriously. I didn’t want these to be a parody. I was serious about paying homage to these photographers and photographs that changed my perspective on photography. These images inspired me throughout my career and developed me into the photographer I am today ... This is my way of saying thank you to the masters that created these amazing images."
                          – Sandro Miller

The full series will debut at Chicago's Catherine Edelman Gallery on Nov. 7 and run through January 31, 2015.
                          Several special releases are planned for the project, too: cultural review magazine 7-Post will publish an exclusive interview with Malkovich on the series in its on October 3 issue, and the French newspaper Liberation will also run an interview on the project.

sain't

Comment

• blackfedora
                            • Jan 2012

Thank you very much for those picture Interest1, definitely made my week.

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

These 3d cross sections of a 7d hypertorus seem to mesh with Iris Van Herpen's aesthetic, probably b/c they are techy rococo or baroque: https://imgur.com/gallery/tNk4f

they also mesh oddly well with lee gamble's new album: https://soundcloud.com/pan_recs/lee-gamble-nueme-pan-59
                              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

this is basically how I feel after accidentally clicking an image link on google that lead to styleforum

ironically, that image was leeched off of SZ in a discussion heavily deriving from SZ, featuring someone [presumably dressed in a john varvatos turtleneck] talking shit about SZ
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎