Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

i get it. really i do. my point is more about the quickness to judge and the exclusive nature of peoples passions. the "i heard it first" thing. people judged this image because god forbid rick owens is on tv and somehow because of this then the guy wearing it is a poser. we are making fun of him when actually he is making fun of us and of himself.

he is a talented and accomplished guy. as are so many others that get the wrath of SZ's judgement squad. i just want SZ to be above hurling unwarranted insults from the internet sidelines. the warranted ones are fine.

but really, l just love gene levy and catherine o'hara. how could you not?

and obviously i am a big supporter of making fun of people. don't get that confused hehe

you know what faust. maybe i should have just left it deleted lol. oh well, enjoy the video!
    Last edited by cjbreed; 02-16-2015, 12:04 PM.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• hamham3002
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Sigh... Just trying to keep SZ more focused on discussing fashion and less focused on discussing other people.
      My bad Faust, my intention was just to share this somewhat interesting find, hence i put it in randomness instead of WTF... No hate on the guy either, he carries rick like some of the SZ'ers here anyways...
      And thanks cjbreed on dropping the knowledge on the show..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

No big deal. It was already posted a couple of weeks back and it let to nothing good.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Not a single comment on destruction at the Mosul museum? WTF is wrong with you people?! I hope America nukes these motherfuckers. As far as foreign policy goes, t's hard not to be a republican these days.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• k3mist
            • Apr 2013

they are some crazy motherfuckers, we trying to send people to Mars and these people living in the dark ages.

Comment

• etgreg
              • Jan 2011

Not a single comment on destruction at the Mosul museum? WTF is wrong with you people?! I hope America nukes these motherfuckers. As far as foreign policy goes, t's hard not to be a republican these days.
              Faust you are so right. Sign me up, I'll push the button.

Irina Bokova, the director general of Unesco, the UN cultural agency, said she was deeply shocked at the footage showing the destruction and has asked the president of the UN security council to convene an emergency meeting “on the protection of Iraq’s cultural heritage as an integral element for the country’s security”.

I'm sure the UN will get right on it.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Don't know why I posted this in technology originally It was midnight, in Antwerp.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

Not a single comment on destruction at the Mosul museum?
                  i think the selfridges spike affair is as political as this forum gets...fwiw i regard fashion (even when it strives to be political) as a welcome distraction from the political realities of our time
                  Last edited by AKA*NYC; 02-27-2015, 09:14 PM.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

Watching that video was one of the worst things I have seen in a long time. Honestly, what the fuck. I don't know how much of this can be blamed on America's imperialist foreign policy but seriously, this is just like the Buddhas of Bamiyan catastrophe in Afghanistan. When will people learn... Like religion has undeniably made some beautiful works of art (aside from the times where only religious art could be created) but fundamentalists just seek to destroy it.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      i think the selfridges spike affair is as political as this forum gets...fwiw i regard fashion (even when it strives to be political) as a welcome distraction from the political realities of our time
                      Actually, I do too, and I am very glad fashion is apolitical (despite what some academics would want us to believe when they want to give it levity), but this is the randomness thread

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        If you want to see rage, you should try working with archaeologists. 40 YO guys seriously thinking of volunteering to go over and fight with the kurds against Daesh, laws be damned.

Although nuclear strikes may be counter-productive for conservation efforts.

The problem with Republicans on this is A: they're as uselessly divided on overseas intervention as they are on everything and B: they've demonstrated over the last few decades as complete an inability to suspend ideology in warfare as they have in everything else. I'm no pacifist, but if you're gonna punch someone, you first gotta make sure you actually know how to punch, when to punch, and why you're punching... The GOP set up this mess with an utterly useless invasion of Iraq, that every historian of Islamic history said at the time would have terrible long-term consequences. I still remember an historian of the Middle East, whom I knew in early 2000s, shaking his head as he tried to detail the absolute stupidity of the American "plan" for what they were calling "post-war" Iraq.

Also every intervention by the US just fuels Daesh propaganda. The best way to destroy them is to isolate them while co-opting the states around them (including Iran, who it turns out are far less insane and are willing to deal). IS/Daesh are so uncompromising and crazy that no other Muslims will deal with them (and they won't deal with non-Caliphate Muslims who they take as apostates, as well-explicated here).
                        I agree, of course. Was just venting.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

And I am glad you are. The Iraq war is one of the biggest stains on this country's conscience. And the fact that the Bush administration has so blatantly disregarded the will of the American people by bulldozing their agenda through speaks a lot about our so-called democracy.

BTW, the day I marched in NY to protest the Iraq war was the day my faith in the idea that today the people can change anything in this country has died. It was beyond clear to me how impotent we were.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            fwiw i regard fashion (even when it strives to be political) as a welcome distraction from the political realities of our time
                            Actually, I do too, and I am very glad fashion is apolitical [...], but this is the randomness thread
                            to me, the randomness thread is a welcome distraction from FASHION.

Comment

• shisou
                              • Sep 2014

Of course, the American-led "interventions" to save the middle east from "savagery" have hardly helped conserve civilisation's wealth of artefacts held (or no longer) in Iraq--nor, for that matter, Iraq society's cultural fabric.

American foreign policy was responsible for the 1991 Bombing of Iraq, targeting and destroying civilian infrastructure---according to different reports/accounts, although cultural sites were not specifically targeted, it still resulted in damage to some sites and the looting of artefacts.

Then American foreign policy made the 2003 Invasion of Iraq possible. The destruction and disorder that this caused resulted in rampant (with all parties apparently taking part) looting that has been well-documented.

Perhaps such American foreign policy could make it third time lucky.....
                              Last edited by shisou; 02-28-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shisou View Post
                                Of course, the American-led "interventions" to save the middle east from "savagery" have hardly helped conserve civilisation's wealth of artefacts held (or no longer) in Iraq--nor, for that matter, Iraq society's cultural fabric.

American foreign policy was responsible for the 1991 Bombing of Iraq, targeting and destroying civilian infrastructure---according to different reports/accounts, although cultural sites were not specifically targeted, it still resulted in damage to some sites and the looting of artefacts.

Then American foreign policy made the 2003 Invasion of Iraq possible. The destruction and disorder that this caused resulted in rampant (with all parties apparently taking part) looting that has been well-documented.

Perhaps such American foreign policy could make it third time lucky.....
                                That's not the point. Show me videos of American soldiers breaking statures with hammers in the name of Christianity, and then we'll talk.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎