Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

endo, that view would cost you millions in manhattan.

oh yeah, Fieldstone is completely private.

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

^ yeah, it's private but anyone can drive thru it,and I do almost daily. All private means to non residents is that you can't park on the streets Owners pay annual dues to an association but still pay regular real estate tax to the city. They have their own security.

The homes are ,in a word, magnificent ... everything from Spanish stucco to contemporaryp;on streets lined with huge trees, some actually set below street level... and all just 15 miles from Atelier :)

and yes, my view is amazing but I've become jaded because I've been here so long. It takes my posting a pic to realize how spectacular it really is

Comment

• mike
        • Dec 2006

how to find summer sublet?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Craigslist or airbnb.com
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

Phew.. I got a job! First resume I sent out at my #1 firm, too.

Anyway, I start work June 1st (1.5 weeks after I graduate) and I'm ecstatic. But it looks like I might need to do a roommate situation so if anyone knows someone who is looking, let me know.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ You should hit up houseofdis!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JacobChristian
                • Feb 2011

I'm moving back to NYC and considering just renting a room in manhattan...

thoughts on renting rooms in ny?

thoughts on renting rooms found on craigslist?

has anyone had this experience?

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
                  Phew.. I got a job! First resume I sent out at my #1 firm, too.

Anyway, I start work June 1st (1.5 weeks after I graduate) and I'm ecstatic. But it looks like I might need to do a roommate situation so if anyone knows someone who is looking, let me know.
                  I have a friend looking for a roommate in park slope. Really lovely area and the apartment is huge/gorgeous. Lots of room to work in since I know you're an artist as well.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Ochre
                    • Sep 2009

Vanna,

I appreciate the heads up but for now I'm really just focusing on Manhattan. I'm looking for a big change from the Philly scenery and BK just isn't what I'm looking for at the moment.

Although I do plan to find an artist's studio in BK so if you have any info on a good one, let me know.

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

^Ochre, I understand and I felt the exact same way. I'm actually currently living in Manhattan, too. Though it could be a better area. Hoping to move by the end of the summer and have been seriously considering Park Slope/Greenpoint. I have friends in both places and I think the neighborhoods are lovely. Manhattan is great, and I think if you're set on living in the city for your first time living here, then that's what you should do!

I'll see what my artists friends have to say about studio spaces. Though a few of them use spare rooms in their apartments as work spaces.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

Hey - housing fell through at the absolute last minute for next month in new york city. Need to find a room / sublet / somewhere to live for July. If anyone knows anybody whose got a space / knows of anything, please let me know!
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

don't know if there's a better thread for this, but the GF will be in NYC from July 15-29. Aside from that big McQueen exhibit at the MET is there anything else that's a must see for those interested in fashion?

Also, she'll be staying off East 3rd St. in lower east side of manhattan, any essential maps/pointers necessary for someone traveling in this area and getting to/from Newark airport would be greatly appreciated. I assume shuttle buses are the way to go to/from airport as she'll have luggage in tow and will need to avoid public transport and any expensive cab rides.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

For McQueen, must go at the opening hour, otherwise she'll be stuck there forever. Nothing else to see fashion-wise. Shuttle is the way to go. East 3rd is East Village, not Lower East Side. Shuttle is definitely the way to go from Newark. Reserve in advance.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                              • Apr 2007

perfect, thanks faust

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

Thinking about moving to NYC/Manhattan

So, I have a decent job opportunity in NYC and would want to live in Manhattan.

That being said, have any of you ever relocated to NYC for a job? I'm in Biotech and was curious what a "decent" housing allowance (for a down payment on a home) is when you are negotiating a move to NYC.

I already know I'd love the City, so not so worried about that aspect but do need to make sure I cover my ass and negotiate the right benefits before pulling the trigger.

Any advice on other necessities in a NYC professional negotiation?

Thanks
                                DxD

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎