X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

for what its worth, tattoos with too much of thought/depth can often be a fail. you also need to consider, will the simply look nice regardless of any meaning it might have. this might or might not fall into this category.

this is just my personal way of going about it, but when I get a tattoo the first thing I consider is whether or not its a picture I want to look at when I'm 50 or 75. if I think "yea, why not", then its something I wouldn't mind getting.

but of course, people have very different reasoning for the things they get, so this is just for consideration.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Originally posted by galia View Post
      I already have one on a finger and one on my wrist. They are relatively discreet but I never hide them. I don't think I would be that bothered, except people would probably be a little disturbed by an eye, especially if it's realistic
      I could definetly see you with it. sounds like a cool idea.

Comment

• Adams
        • Nov 2010

hopefully starting the right arm really soon !
        C'est dans le noir que l'on voit le plus de lumières.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
          I could definetly see you with it. sounds like a cool idea.

Comment

• Icarium
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            for what its worth, tattoos with too much of thought/depth can often be a fail. you also need to consider, will the simply look nice regardless of any meaning it might have. this might or might not fall into this category.

this is just my personal way of going about it, but when I get a tattoo the first thing I consider is whether or not its a picture I want to look at when I'm 50 or 75. if I think "yea, why not", then its something I wouldn't mind getting.

but of course, people have very different reasoning for the things they get, so this is just for consideration.
            Nod that's something to think about too. I think the key is the design since I want it to look awesome whether the observer knows the meaning or not :)

Nothing would be worse then.. so... why did you get a black circle or dot ;p

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

edit: this is not me.
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

That eye is so 80's

Comment

• Enaml
                  • Apr 2009

It makes sense, it's on Pictureplane's arm...
                  How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• timber
                    • Nov 2008

I'm a big fan of Guy Le Tattoer -- not ready yet to make the tattoo plunge, but a lot of these designs are something I'm going to think about for the future.

http://111wpm.tumblr.com/

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by timber View Post
                      I'm a big fan of Guy Le Tattoer -- not ready yet to make the tattoo plunge, but a lot of these designs are something I'm going to think about for the future.
                      some really nice work, I don't think I've heard about him before. his style reminds me of Thomas Hooper quite a bit.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

I'm looking for an artist to do a realistic, bright colored floral piece. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It may seem out of the norm but this project has significant meaning and has been weighing on my mind for just over three years now. It's time to make it a reality.
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• timber
                          • Nov 2008

I was just reminded of another of my favourite artists - Amanda Wachob. She isn't exactly too realistic, but her work is definitely bright and unique.

Site: http://www.amandawachobtattoo.com/

Comment

• Dropt
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            some really nice work, I don't think I've heard about him before. his style reminds me of Thomas Hooper quite a bit.
                            Alot you mean. Even tho the whole illuminati thing has been repeated over and over, thomas is still the best i've seen so far at it's level.

Regarding amanda's work, she's kinda fluctuating and some tatoos are not very good, i find it more of a mash up of influences than smthg well digested...

Comment

• Emel
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by timber View Post
                              Funny, i was just about to post a bit about her.
                              Her abstract work includes some of the most, if not the most, beautiful tattoos i have ever seen.
                              Her own page, the one you linked, is a bit limited in showing it of, but i know there is at least one other page where her work is showcased.

It's a long way from Copenhagen to NYC

Edit: There it was - http://www.daredeviltattoo.com/compo...g2_itemId=1272
                              It's the suede/denim secret police; they've come to your house for your long haired niece

Comment

• timber
                                • Nov 2008

Yes, the abstract work is my favourite as well. Thanks for the link - I love the whole idea of tattoos that look like someone painted brushstrokes on your skin. And the colours too...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎