Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Is Amanda Wachob really hit or miss? You're not the only person I've met who's expressed that concern, but I do love her style. The only other artist I know of with a similar style is Ondrash Znojmo from the Czech Republic. Definitely worth a look, I think.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• seb
      • Feb 2007

do you happen to know, how fresh this tatoo was, when the picture was taken? i'm always curious if the color will fade out quickly?

Originally posted by cowsareforeating
      really wanting something like this:

but reinterpreted by a more ksilled artist, really like the idea of chrys petals becoming something else at each tip

and i can do color just not this mix

any artists who'd be able to digest this and make it better?

Comment

• blackfedora
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by seb View Post
        do you happen to know, how fresh this tatoo was, when the picture was taken? i'm always curious if the color will fade out quickly?
        I asked my tattoo artist the same thing while getting my arm done (see the previous page for a 1 year old example of aged colour) and he told me that based on his 10 years in the business and being an artist who is known for his colouring that one factor makes the world of difference: the whiteness of your skin. I'm pretty faired skinned and hence the colour took well and appears vibrant, also I did not expose it to sun for at least three months following the work. Tanning elicits melanin production which occludes the colours, but with prolonged sun aversion, a tattoo can revert to its original vibrancy. Just my 2 cents though.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
          can you please stop using photobucket for your images and then deleting them? i'm so curious of how your tattoos look like now, but there's no traces of them!
          They weren't deleted. Photobucket just changed the coding. They've been relinked now.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• brad1981
            • Dec 2008

yeah, this should be a definite thread, btw, any recommendations on Tatoo shop in Japan?

Comment

• Atom
              • Sep 2009

I've got a sleeve done by Horimasa, a member of Horitoshi family. He tattoos traditional tebori style. Highly recommended.

He's based in Ashikaga, an hour away from Tokyo. Please PM me for more info if you're interested.

Comment

• shuit
                • Apr 2012

any recommended ink shop in Toronto or GTA? I am planning on getting my back fill..

Comment

• brad1981
                  • Dec 2008

Atom:thx, i will pm you before my trip to Japan
                  Shuit: i was in Toronto years ago, can not remember the name, but there is a shop on the second floor of a building just opposite to cityTV or you can try some shops in Kingston, there are some quite nice and award winning ones.

Comment

• artishard116
                    • Feb 2011

slightly revealing, hence the linking :
                    Behance is the world's largest creative network for showcasing and discovering creative work

Comment

• shuit
                      • Apr 2012

thanks brad1981, I'll drop by to check their lines today

Comment

• brad1981
                        • Dec 2008

Shuit: you are always welcome i got one of my tatoo and piercing in that shop in toronto. i recall they are not bad
                        p.s. there are several shops along yonge street as well, but can not remember which one is better

Comment

• blackfedora
                          • Jan 2012

Shuit, I've gotten the work done on my arm (I'll post a pic for example when I get back from vacation in a couple days) by Ben Ackerman (search tattoosbyben) in Toronto. He spent 8 years at Young Street Tattoo (one of the oldest shops in T.O.) and is now out on his. Because he doesn't have to give half his hourly rate to a shop owner, his rates are thus amazing.

Comment

• sshum88
                            • Dec 2007

Check out this article to see what other shops are in town. Ignore the ratings. New Tribe is the place that brad1981 is referring to. I find everyone has a different style so if you know what you want, then use that to eliminate the others based on their portfolios. Also subject to availability as I know some artists are booking 1 year out.

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                            any recommended ink shop in Toronto or GTA? I am planning on getting my back fill..
                            Last edited by sshum88; 09-01-2012, 07:43 PM.
                            Originally posted by eat me
                            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• shuit
                              • Apr 2012

brad1981/blackfedora/sshum88 you guys are awesome! thank you so much for such a helpful suggestions! I am particularly interest in a Japanese tattoo style and it seems like the one in Kensington/Ossington is offering those pattern, I might have to walk in and book it now if I desperately want one as it looks like they are year round busy

ps: feel free to suggest me if you have anyone you know as I believe there are so many talented Canadian out there

Comment

• sshum88
                                • Dec 2007

If you want more of a traditional Japanese style, I would suggest Daniel at Pearl Harbor (Kensignton). I've seen his work up close and think he does fabulous work. But he is booked solid so best to get your name in asap.

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                                I am particularly interest in a Japanese tattoo style and it seems like the one in Kensington/Ossington is offering those pattern, I might have to walk in and book it now if I desperately want one as it looks like they are year round busy
                                Originally posted by eat me
                                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎