Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlacknWhite
    • Apr 2014

One Punch man doesn't have much substance to it, but it's funny. I guess the one thing it's got going for it self is the secret behind how he became so godly. Maybe he's like Goku, not from this world? I mean, there's a whole bunch of random monsters on the show.

I've been reading Inu Yashiki recently, it's from the creator of Gantz. The main character is a 58 y/o man who looks waaaay older, so that's new.

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

The visual quality is really impressive for One Punch Man. Along that I'm watching Dragon Ball Super and it's really poor...
      I've been reading Inu Yashiki recently, it's from the creator of Gantz. The main character is a 58 y/o man who looks waaaay older, so that's new.
      Oh nice, not a random 17 years boy as usual.

Comment

• Gatsu
        • Jul 2015

I personally like iron-blooded orphans because it's just a fun show for me, reminds me a bit of a toned down Gurren Lagann, and i really love that show, except the first half of the second part. I also really want to get into Gundam, Iron blooded orphans is my first ^^. Where the hell do i start, it's so huge.

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Gatsu View Post
          I personally like iron-blooded orphans because it's just a fun show for me, reminds me a bit of a toned down Gurren Lagann, and i really love that show, except the first half of the second part. I also really want to get into Gundam, Iron blooded orphans is my first ^^. Where the hell do i start, it's so huge.
          So a solid watching order can be:
          Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)
          0080: War in the Pocket
          The 08th MS Team
          0083: Stardust Memory
          Zeta Gundam
          ZZ Gundam
          Char's Counterattack
          Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

(they are all in the same universe and in chronological order of that universe's timeline)
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Gatsu
            • Jul 2015

Should i watch the remake movies of the first series or not?

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Gatsu View Post
              Should i watch the remake movies of the first series or not?
              They're just abridged versions of the series. Unnecessary if you plan to watch the full series (43 episodes). However, the movies do have some changed footage/ sound for a less giant-robo show feel.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                • Sep 2015

Just copped a near-mint Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum box set for $35. It's got the insert and it still kind of has a new smell, too.
                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• deltapie
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                  The visual quality is really impressive for One Punch Man. Along that I'm watching Dragon Ball Super and it's really poor...
                  The only thing that's kept me watching DB Super are some minor traces of nostalgia, but re-watching DBZ seems to be taking care of that.. lol
                  "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Shingeki no Kyojin last chapter was
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• En.
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                      Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Shingeki no Kyojin last chapter was
                      He had it coming.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Just watched Shigurui. It was absolutely, disturbingly fantastic. The animation, story, and soundtrack are all on point. The only downside is that it's one of those 12 episode style animes that ends rather abruptly. It's sad really, because it was definitely one of the best things I've seen in a while.

Just started watching the old Captain Harlock series. Brings me a bit back to my Gundam/Lupin days. Enjoying it so far. Has some fantastic lines.

Comment

• En.
                          • May 2015

We survived the Third Impact everybody.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                            • Sep 2015

I watched End of Evangelion New Year's Eve/New Year's Day for only the second time (I've seen the series four times within a year and a half or so for contrast). It worked out perfectly because none of my friends had any parties going and I was getting a little sick! I had forgotten a ton of the film, and it was as surreal and disturbing as I faintly remembered. Shouts out to my brain for blocking out weird things.

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                              I watched End of Evangelion New Year's Eve/New Year's Day for only the second time (I've seen the series four times within a year and a half or so for contrast). It worked out perfectly because none of my friends had any parties going and I was getting a little sick! I had forgotten a ton of the film, and it was as surreal and disturbing as I faintly remembered. Shouts out to my brain for blocking out weird things.
                              I need to watch it again sometime. I only recall some parts of it but have forgotten most since it was already complex near the end and with the remakes and all. This series made me appreciate Ode to Joy . First need to track down the blu ray box.
                              Grailed link

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                                I need to watch it again sometime. I only recall some parts of it but have forgotten most since it was already complex near the end and with the remakes and all. This series made me appreciate Ode to Joy . First need to track down the blu ray box.
                                I'm waiting with bated breath for Funimation to secure the licensing for the Blu-ray rights to it. As for End of Evangelion, it's not something I would want to rewatch constantly for how truly strange and dark it is but I'll be good for a while. I noticed some new things on my second time around I didn't notice before. That's a great thing about Evangelion - the endless amounts of things to pick up on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎