• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unexist
    • May 2012

Guys anyone fond of Leica?
    Anyone have noctilux 0,95?
    Last edited by Unexist; 06-03-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
      Now this is how it's done!

Incredible clip about photographer Ian Ruhter and his process:

Silver & Light

http://vimeo.com/39578584
      I like how he said "everyone has the same camera...I'm going to build a camera that no one has!" then says "it's not about creating the world's largest camera". Emotional breakdown at 3:30 and especially 3:43 had me ROLLING on the floor in laughter.
      Check out Miroslav Tichý for the real deal.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

re: ian ruhter, he's a wetplate-head. many of them are purists and take the process way too seriously. ultimately, they are still doing folk-art photography. trees, landscapes, portraits in that leaky, dripping, wet plate look.

re: noctilux f0.95, doesn't this lens suck wide open?

re: Tichy, what exactly is the real deal? compared to ian, they work with two different processes, styles. this guy reminds me of vivian maeier or disfarmer. when you are a dead, eccentric photographer who took a lot of pictures, someone is going to exploit and sell you work when you're gone..

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
          Now this is how it's done!

Incredible clip about photographer Ian Ruhter and his process:

Silver & Light

http://vimeo.com/39578584
          This is one of those examples where "art" goes slightly too far...

I can only handle that shit in a fume hood and every drop has to be disposed by environmental health & safety. There is a reason why it shouldn't be used in the open and under no circumstances in a national park / world heritage site.

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
            re: Tichy, what exactly is the real deal? compared to ian, they work with two different processes, styles. this guy reminds me of vivian maeier or disfarmer. when you are a dead, eccentric photographer who took a lot of pictures, someone is going to exploit and sell you work when you're gone..
            i think you answered your own question. You said this guy ian is doing folk-art photography...well he is doing folk-art photography. while tichy IS folk art photography. and yes, steidl seems to be getting his name out there but that doesn't change the fact. I guess Modigliani should just be considered just an eccentric too now that his painting are being sold for 20+ million only after his death?

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ErnstLudwig View Post
              I can only handle that shit in a fume hood and every drop has to be disposed by environmental health & safety. There is a reason why it shouldn't be used in the open and under no circumstances in a national park / world heritage site.
              the part where you sensitize the plate with silver bath and load the plate holder needs to be in darkness. some people have built blackout tents but you need a running sink so might as well use a van. the washing part can be done in daylight. wet plate chemistry is not that bad, it's flammable and the silver bath is bad for the enviro. but can be salvaged or recharged. it's not as lethal as color process chemistry..

re: tischy, i shouldn't have said folk-art photography. i don't think there's any attachment to indigenous or cultural tradition here. one person uses the 19th century process, the other diy cameras so there's nothing folk art about this. i don't think it's fair to put down ian by calling tichy the real deal (even though i don't care for ian's pictures)

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                I like how he said "everyone has the same camera...I'm going to build a camera that no one has!" then says "it's not about creating the world's largest camera". Emotional breakdown at 3:30 and especially 3:43 had me ROLLING on the floor in laughter.
                Check out Miroslav Tichý for the real deal.
                Yeah it hurts to hear him explain his process... Still give him cred for mixing such dangerous chemicals.

Nice recommendation about Tichy

I was neighbors with Mark Sink in Denver. He shoots on collodion wet plates. Awesome work!

Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Unexist
                  • May 2012

Sucks? Its one of the best lens ever made! Have you tried it by yourself?

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Unexist View Post

Sucks? Its one of the best lens ever made! Have you tried it by yourself?
                    This isn't the forum for leica-fanboy-ism.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Unexist
                      • May 2012

The Thread name is Cameras. Of course maybe no one have experience with this lens, but a guy said that its sucks, i asked why? ))))

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                        The Thread name is Cameras. Of course maybe no one have experience with this lens, but a guy said that its sucks, i asked why? ))))
                        He didn't say it sucked, he asked if it sucked wide open...and from what I've read, it is in fact sharper when stopped down, which is a bit disappointing for a lens in this price range in my opinion.

My point - if you want to talk $10,000+ lenses, a fashion forum probably isn't the best place, but carry on if you wish.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Unexist
                          • May 2012

I think i need to try it by myself , the only way )))

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            HMy point - if you want to talk $10,000+ lenses, a fashion forum probably isn't the best place, but carry on if you wish.
                            Well, that buys a lot of CCP glove fingers.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Unexist
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                exactly...that kinda money could buy at least a jacket and pair of boots!

Prioritiez.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎