X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • widmerpool
    • Nov 2010

That's pretty cool.

$600 is about average for a Zeiss OVF, they're expensive. Even the Voigtlander ones are over $200. I can't believe they left a tilting LCD off the RX1. I don't mind the detachable VF, but no tilting LCD basically forces you to buy one.
    http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I don't know...all of these are $400 (which still seems a bit much...but given the name, not a surprise).

Agreed on the tilting lcd. They basically made an average, consumer compact...but with terrific specs.

I'm hoping that this is to test the waters for a full frame interchangeable mirrorless. Mind you, they're going to have to get working on some lenses too, because their current lineup could use some work.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• rudo
        • Feb 2009

I received a tip that Hasselblad will introduce a new family of digital cameras this year, probably at Photokina. One of the possibilities is a smaller DSLR type camera. The other rumor is for a digital X-Pan camera, which will use a customized sensor in order to provide the wide panorama format. The sensor will […]

This is still just a rumor but this might be interesting..of course very expensive too. They are announcing something on 9/18 so we shall see what it is..

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

photokina began today...many a new camera/lens announced.

Some interesting:

budget $6000 leica rangefinder: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...me-rangefinder

high(er) end fuji p&s: http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-xf1/

full frames:
          Less than a week after arch-rival Nikon grabbed headlines with the D600, Canon responded with an announcement of its own price-conscious full frame DSLR, the EOS 6D. And just like that, a new market segment was born: the mid-range full frame DSLR. It was only a decade ago that full frame DSLR performance was limited to those with pockets deep enough to spend $7999 on the 11MP Canon EOS 1Ds. And while the barrier to entry has dropped considerably since then, for many potential buyers, the most-talked about feature of the EOS 6D may well be its price. It debuts at $1400 less than the company's standout EOS 5D Mark III.

Not sure if anyone's interested in lenses...this one is peculiar...basically a lenscap with a lens built-in for m43 mount:

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

did fuji not market the GF670W for US sales? i can't find anyone that sells this camera with US warranty.

cameraquest carries the voigtlander version, but i don't want to pay $3k for the euro markup..

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              did fuji not market the GF670W for US sales? i can't find anyone that sells this camera with US warranty.

cameraquest carries the voigtlander version, but i don't want to pay $3k for the euro markup..
              Does it have to be the w?

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

honestly, the mamiya 7 with the 50 or 43 would be a better choice, but i like new and shiny things, lol..

when the folding gf670 came out, i was really excited to see it someone make a modern bellows folding rf. but now that i look at it, the bellows will either separate from the body or form pin-holes over time. by then, warranty won't do much anyway..

Comment

• nikkoo
                  • Sep 2012

greed. dslr will always have a bigger sensor.
                  centplay.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, centplay.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                  Last edited by nikkoo; 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

honestly, the mamiya 7 with the 50 or 43 would be a better choice, but i like new and shiny things, lol..

when the folding gf670 came out, i was really excited to see it someone make a modern bellows folding rf. but now that i look at it, the bellows will either separate from the body or form pin-holes over time. by then, warranty won't do much anyway..
                    I honestly don't know much about them, but I can see the bellows deteriorating over time.

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

this really surprises me because i never took sony seriously as a camera maker

sony is the best whenever they want to be. the amount of technological knowledge and research that goes on there is seriously astounding and spits all over most companies. they have dragged us into the future more than apple and others ever can hope to and will continue to do so with pushing ultra HD & crystal light emitting diods amongst other things onto consumers very soon when most aren't even ready. that just shows how much forward they want to leap, and fast.

not that anyone cares until it hits the 999$ (if even) aisle at wal-mart.. glanced at by disgusting obese half-clothed people daydreaming about facebook or apple (in combination) or somesuch shit, and ultimtately doesn't even realize the quality difference. poor electronics..
                      Last edited by volta; 12-04-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

^ go 'head son, tell them why you're mad.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by volta View Post

sony is the best whenever they want to be.
                          on the consumer level, this company does not make their own lenses. they license and contract zeiss. when the alpha came out, it was basically a re-badged minolta. and the thing with proprietary memory cards...

they seem to make good pro-broadcast equipment, but i don't know much about this niche category. in still-imaging, nobody really uses sony in studios or rental houses, afaik..

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I think it may be the other way around...Sony licenses the Zeiss name and makes the lenses themselves. At least, that's how Panasonic does it with Leica. Engineers at Leica allegedly design (in part) the lens, but the actual product is produced by Panasonic. I may be wrong though.

Either way, Sony does make/design some of the best sensors out there, including those found in many other brands' cameras (Olympus, etc.) Not something to get worked up over though.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

would they be able to produce a competitive camera on their own without licensing german lens makers to upsell their products?

samsung also does this with schneider. after this, they're no more reputable german optic makers to lean on..

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I think it's just the fact that having a luxury name printed on an item for a non-luxury price will make the consumer feel like they're getting a bargain. Not really any different than fashion collaborations with H&M, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎