Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what has been the best day/nite of your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Just watch this and think again:

I bought my 909 in 87 and still love it.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• MaxM
      • Sep 2009

I've seen enough videos
      I think the TB is okay, it is just that in the same price range, there are much better synths.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• MASUGNEN
        • Feb 2009

I like the development of the topic »what has been the best day/nite of your life?« into Roland TB-303 comparability.

Friday the 8th of July 2004, the 303 hit me hard. Since a couple of years I'd listened to club music, preferrably hard techno (schranz) but this acid thing I didn't understand; to me, the little I'd heard (pioneering Chicago tunes) sounded lo-fi lazy.

This night, Gothenburgian artist J Kallback (Jens Källbäck) performed live in Malmö. It was a great evening, with three dance floors amongst one in a small apartment room of perhaps ten square meters. A guy called SLEM [MUKUS] had just got the floor moving. He disengaged his laptop and the newcomer, J Kallback, drew a little silver box. My thought: »What is this meager machine going to do to me? Why hasn't he brought us a serious computer set?« You hear I didn't know the first thing about analog gadgetry.

Man, these sounds... I had never heard anything like this, or felt that surreal ecstacy just from sound. The sharpness and intensity in these sonar pulses... They were joy knives in my ears. And J Kallback swaying his arms cool behind this little silvery thing... I went berserk. In front of me a grey-costumed man in a black shirt and red tie danced wildly with old school roller skates on his hands. He sweated through the jacket!

THIS was ACID.

Oh, it was a superb evening and a real musical discovery. I had to feel it there, not by myself in my chamber, it was the context, the persons, the apartment disco, the darkness, the loudness, the sharpness.

Comment

• pierce
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

You could put that as your best night then :)

There is something about the 303, its like listening to electricity. No wonder all those psy-trance hippies used to think that the 303 was a way of communicating with aliens.

My first time hearing the 303 was in '93 on a mix tape, Charles B - Lack of Love. Can get what you say about the early Chicago guys, but at the time people used to loose there minds to that simple stuff, was like nothing they had heard before. A totally new sound.

Another good one, KC Flightt - Planet E

Comment

• MASUGNEN
            • Feb 2009

Don't get me wrong. I definately love the original Chicago sound now. But it took this aforementioned live experience to get into the vibe. Nowadays, getting older and slow-feeted, I actually prefer a somewhat slower pace. I think the specificity of the 303 capabilities come to their best so, not drenched in a speeding drum machine.

Lack of Love is a great track. I played it much in 2008. And, returning a favourite, you know heaven exists.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Man, we are so derailing this thread while staying on course at the same time...
              This is what triggered my love of acid back in the day;

What a track. They were so brutal. On another note but equally brutal, Nitzer Ebb are playing in London on Thursday. Not to be missed...
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                • Feb 2009

Acid Tracks is the epinomous acid track, it is acid's first and acid akme; acid peaked with its inauguration. Acid Tracks is the most extreme music I've heard. It's so relentless and so experimental and so joyful. It introduced a completely new sound and the dance floors are burning still.

I heard DJ Pierre in Malmö some years ago. He's a great, cool dude. My friend Martin Sörensen (released under the guise Luggen [Bangs]) got his TB-303 autographed.

Comment

• pierce
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  Man, we are so derailing this thread while staying on course at the same time...
                  This is what triggered my love of acid back in the day;

What a track. They were so brutal. On another note but equally brutal, Nitzer Ebb are playing in London on Thursday. Not to be missed...
                  Ah yeah, something else.

Some mad stories about Ron Hardy at the music box and what people used to do when he dropped the first acid tunes.

Armando live on WBMX in late 80's. Some serious acid tunes :)

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

i was never a synth type a guy...gimme jimi and a wah wah pedal and i'm in heaven. this brings me to one of the most disappointing days of my life....1/28/70 "Winter Festival For Peace" @ MSG. it was a rally long concert bill and hendrix was to close the show. i was a high school kid that needed to get home cuz i had an exam the next next but there was no way i was gonna miss jimi..i waited around 'till about 1am and THIS was the result.i think i almost cried

however, i have the memory of THIS to keep me goin'

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                      • Feb 2009

That message, Endorphinz, got me listening to some Hendrix. He's a cool cat with a blessed man/machine fusion with the electric guitar.

For the »Jimi Hendrix of the 303«, tune in to Mike Dred (Kosmik Kommando/Universal Indicator/Chimera/Machine Codes etc).

Comment

• endorphinz
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009

jimi was simply the best. i shudder to think of the music he'd be making today if we were still blessed with his presence....

he was also the epitome of steeze

Comment

the day i got together with my ex. I had gone to copenhagen to visit him, and well on the spot I fell in love heads first. we biked through town and saw art exhibitions, H.C. Andersens grave. I could pretend I was in a romantic movie, and my life wasn't real. It never was.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                            ... and my life wasn't real. It never was.
                            only kind worth living.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

if only the unreal parts would manifest themselves in real life. I'm pretty messed up now. only thing i do is write on forums, procrastinating on everything. i'm mediocre, and i can't handle it.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                                if only the unreal parts would manifest themselves in real life. I'm pretty messed up now. only thing i do is write on forums, procrastinating on everything. i'm mediocre, and i can't handle it.
                                Great, at long last I have found my 'doppelganger'...
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎