• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calv
    • May 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
    Ólafur Arnalds is especially beautiful

http://vimeo.com/6284199?hd=1
    true.. really beautiful.. you can download his album for free in low quality from his website ..

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

The new Clipd Beaks album is great and makes drugs superfluous.

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by calv View Post
        true.. really beautiful.. you can download his album for free in low quality from his website ..
        it's only 128 kbps.. I can't stand that so I bought it

A very promising up and coming musician.. Maybe he has passed up and coming now.. A newly successful musician

Fans of Peter Broderick will love him
        WTB: This

Comment

• TarHeart
          • Jun 2009

Listening to 5 years of Hyperdub. It is sometimes good, sometimes very bland. Okay record, in my opinion. Awesome album cover though.

Comment

• calv
            • May 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            Didnt know her, downloaded it and is now constantly on repeat.

Comment

• chameleon
              • Jun 2008

Comment

• Magician
                • Jul 2008

^ That's crazy how young he looks.
                Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by calv View Post
                  Didnt know her, downloaded it and is now constantly on repeat.
                  name, please?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

it's charlotte gainsbourg, faust

sometimes it feels like there are still no girls here

did you like it lowrey? i only got through a couple of songs,
                    but they were nice....
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

oh, really? what do i know, i was only looking at an old PLANET issue with her cover on it today. thanks!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                        • Nov 2008

ok, here's a real challenge for you ex hardcore kids...especially the gravity nerds.

I'm looking for the young destroyers. I used to have this on 12" vinyl and a good friend ripped it for me, but I've long since lost it. The young destroyers were from san diego - members went on to be in black heart procession/three mile pilot. They had a jam i'm after. They put out one 12"...and I think y'all are geeky enough to maybe have it.

Don't disappoint. i've searched the blogs for a rip with no luck...

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I would be interested, unless I'm expected to know something about the nonsense these weirdos are talking about

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Any of you freaks (merz, hamlet?) want to write about music for a magazine?
                          music

Comment

• History
                            • Oct 2009

Apologies, quite late to the Rowland tributes but it's seriously put a damper on my summer.

J/Klangspiel/Merz, totally agree with the Jennifer's Veil and Boys Next Door comments.
                            Rowland excels in the collaborative stuff; Lydia Lunch, Hate Rock, Nikki Sudden etc.
                            The Secretly Canadian reissue of Kiss You Kidnapped... has a Live In Augsburg bootleg which is well worth a listen if you haven't already, but I'm sure you probably have.

___

Loren Conners - Airs
                            Tim Hecker - Haunt Me...
                            Black Boned Angel - The Endless Coming Into Life

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

^ yeah, the lydia collab is most definitely a favourite. this track from shotgun wedding is quite apt. and anyone who has yet to hear them do a lee and nancy might be in for a treat :)
                              rsh has a wee bit o' macgowan-esque slur 'n' snarl baritone going on there. which brings me to this: as great and celebrated a guitarist as he was, he was most certainly an underrated vocalist.

Originally posted by merz
                              (anyone have more early crime & the city demo sessions material?)
                              Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

an impressive collection of live rsh (and other related projects) as well.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

and for what it's worth, these immortal souls covering an old folk tune:

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                                • Nov 2008

pukekos isn't all that, but i suppose trainspotters are good for something - I did make a request for that LP on there a while ago...

but yeah, this one is a real challenge. I put out some feelers elsewhere - a buddy of mine ripped it ages ago, seeing if he still has it. It does not make you any less of an ex-hc kid to not have this. The only people I've ever met who knew this band were from San Deigo themselves...

and klang - thanks for the links. killer...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎