Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bowyark
    • Jan 2011

I had plantar fasciitis too and now have no pain. The biggest thing is getting orthotics and wearing them as much as you can. Instead stretching try something like this at night: http://www.footcaredepot.com/plantar...FUkF7AodLRAAUA

Comment

• zen dog
      • Jan 2014

^ Yeah, those are the devices I was talking about. Good because you don't have to think about doing anything but weird because they look like something out of early 20th century quackery.

Dream, if you want to mix up your therapy some, I was given this when I went to physical therapy: get a cup with 10 or so marbles, spill them out and put them back in the cup by picking them up with your toes. Something to do while watching TV, listening to the radio.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i just finished one of the most intense 4-set sessions with my trainer wearing a 20 lb weight vest...

20x arm-leg slide mountain climbers (left/right = 1 rep)
        25x leg slide pushups
        12x pullups

25x arm-leg slide mountain climbers
        30x leg slide pushups
        13x pullups

30x arm-leg slide mountain climbers
        35x leg slide pushups
        14x pullups

35x arm-leg slide mountain climbers
        40x leg slide pushups
        15x pullups

i'm going to eat an entire chicken now..

Comment

• dream
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
          ^ Yeah, those are the devices I was talking about. Good because you don't have to think about doing anything but weird because they look like something out of early 20th century quackery.

Dream, if you want to mix up your therapy some, I was given this when I went to physical therapy: get a cup with 10 or so marbles, spill them out and put them back in the cup by picking them up with your toes. Something to do while watching TV, listening to the radio.
          zen dog,

thanks. i've been doing something similar with a towel. laying it flat on the ground and then trying to pick it up just with my toes. the PF is getting better. ran 5 miles the other day with just a little bit of pain.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

Originally posted by chandler View Post
            All else fails resort to pop tarts. 400 cal for two and who can't easily squeeze two pop tarts into their life

And for what it's worth there seems to be some tension between adding mass and trying to increase pull ups. To begin with I know a lot of strong guys who can't do 10. It's one of those strange humbling exercises and having under 10% bf is great and you should feel great about thAt
            Pop tarts! Hah, or cinammon buns . The thing is if most of the calorie intake is from sugar, it won't do much good. It sounds like endersgame is trying to put on muscle mass and a bit of fat, and sugar is no good at that (unfortunately).

The thing with pull-ups (from my experience at least) is that the only way to get better at them is to do more pull-ups and their variations. I've seen very strong guys not manage 10 proper form pull-ups too, and mostly it's because all the connective muscle that is engaged while doing complex exercises (like pull-ups, where many muscles are engaged at the same time) is not trained to act together. They can bench a lot, and lift a lot, but these are all isolate exercises so they don't train your nervous system to use main and supportive muscles all together.

For pull-ups and various other bodyweight exercises it's all about the scapula, which is something rarely trained by casual gym goers.

From personal experience, there were times where I could bench, squat and deadlift more than I can do now (nothing spectacular though), but I could barely manage 5 proper pull-ups, or a even 1 pistol squat. So when I got to size I'm happy with (about 3 months ago) I switched to calisthenics to improve balance, strength to weight ratio and train the nervous system to use all muscles available. And I feel much more agile, flexible and able now, interestingly. Although I get no pump .

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              i just finished one of the most intense 4-set sessions with my trainer wearing a 20 lb weight vest...

20x arm-leg slide mountain climbers (left/right = 1 rep)
              25x leg slide pushups
              12x pullups

25x arm-leg slide mountain climbers
              30x leg slide pushups
              13x pullups

30x arm-leg slide mountain climbers
              35x leg slide pushups
              14x pullups

35x arm-leg slide mountain climbers
              40x leg slide pushups
              15x pullups

i'm going to eat an entire chicken now..
              You know, maybe lay off high intensity training. Do less reps, less sets, more difficult exercises (or bulk up that vest of yours) and slower.

Otherwise is kind of a zero-sum game, where you do very cardio intense session at they gym, your metabolism shoots up, and then you try to catch up while stuffing yourself silly with food.

Nothing scary is going to happen if you instead take it slow and concentrate on form and strength. You might actually gain a few kilos .

Comment

• Anton
                • Oct 2014

Winter is approaching so I'd probably add some mass. I'm pretty happy with my body right now but i would like to add some mass to my arms and a slightly more defined abdominal section.

Current stats are, 187cm tall, weight is about 87-88kg and 10-11% body fat. In about 3-4 month's I'd probably would want to hit 9% bodyfat and weight apx 88-89kg...and then i'm pretty much done.

This is a double edge sword as I am pretty big so it's hard to find clothes that i like that fits well. I wear XL which isn't easy to find in the clothing style i like.
                I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                  This is a double edge sword as I am pretty big so it's hard to find clothes that i like that fits well. I wear XL which isn't easy to find in the clothing style i like.
                  If that's a problem for you, why would you want to bulk up?

Comment

• Anton
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                    If that's a problem for you, why would you want to bulk up?
                    I don't think that it'll make that much of a difference from what I experience right now. I can wear Rick, Ann etc' but other companies such as Julius I can't even wear now. I have wide shoulders, big chest and a back and i feel that my arms are lacking so I want to balance it out.
                    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

this thread is 1/2 braggadocios and 1/2 dick contest...
                      here's how most of the post go, I'm huge have wide shoulders lift cars and eat horses, how can I get bigger?
                      or I'm skinnyish w/ wide shoulders, climb mt everest during my lunch break eat 10 eggs and steaks everyday how can i gain 5lbs....

my advice, enjoy it! having boundless energy and time to work out while eating an obscene amount of food 7-12 times a day is beyond most people dreams. oh a wide ass fuckin pacific ocean type shoulders seem so common in here?
                      I wonder why there aren't any women in here talking about eating 3000-4000 calories a day and unable to put on weight.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Your gluten sensitivity is most probably bullshit.

Millions of people have sworn off wheat, but there’s little science to support them. Michael Specter investigates.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          this thread is 1/2 braggadocios and 1/2 dick contest...
                          here's how most of the post go, I'm huge have wide shoulders lift cars and eat horses, how can I get bigger?
                          or I'm skinnyish w/ wide shoulders, climb mt everest during my lunch break eat 10 eggs and steaks everyday how can i gain 5lbs....

my advice, enjoy it! having boundless energy and time to work out while eating an obscene amount of food 7-12 times a day is beyond most people dreams. oh a wide ass fuckin pacific ocean type shoulders seem so common in here?
                          I wonder why there aren't any women in here talking about eating 3000-4000 calories a day and unable to put on weight.
                          Your post made me snort my tea with laughter.

I'm a woman who has a hard time gaining weight even though I eat a lot, but I'm weak as shit. I can do 5 pushups on a good day, maybe.

Comment

• eat me
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                            I don't think that it'll make that much of a difference from what I experience right now. I can wear Rick, Ann etc' but other companies such as Julius I can't even wear now. I have wide shoulders, big chest and a back and i feel that my arms are lacking so I want to balance it out.
                            Maybe. From my experience I found that arms are the breaking point (size-wise) for SZ designers, as the silhouette favoured by them is the one with free-ish body but slim arms.

But if you feel you need balance that's fair enough. You can always cut if you bulk too much.

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

upsilonkng

The problem is like with many things in life - one can never get enough of a good thing. Oh, you're complaining about the zip falling off your dunks? My, what a difficult life you must lead having a wardrobe of £700 trainers. Your steak tartare at the latest Parisian opening was undeserving of it's Michelin star? Not sure how you're going to survive that one, the horror. Etc., etc.

Most of the stuff we discuss here is superficial. Enjoy it!

Comment

• Senpai
                                • Apr 2014

When I decided to put on weight while lifting I just ate a jar of almond butter a couple hours after dinner (I was severely underweight)

Anyways this worked for me:

Breakfast:
                                Three poached eggs + 1 avocado

Snack: few handfuls of nuts or jerkey

Lunch: Fish or chicken bowl with rice and beans

Snack: Large Smoothie

Dinner: Any meat dish besides pork (that's just a personal thing)

Desert snack: Jar of Almond Butter

Thinking again though..... I did this when I still lived under my parent's roof. No way I could afford this now

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎