Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

i'm sure i'm coming off as a dick and a hater, that's not my intention. I just think this thing is turning into sci-fi.
    obviously most of us care how we look and everyone wants to be better than the next guy/girl. I'm old as fuck and a dad now but what is actually attainable and easier to maintain for me is the golden ratio. It's 1.61... and that's ur waist divided by ur shoulders, it's comfortable and fits well w/ most designer clothes, instead of striving for the impossible like surfboard length width for ur shoulders ,the golden ratio is attainable and works and has been an ideal for a long fuckin time. Symmetry is the key. Also ur neck should be the width of the widest part of ur bicep. Stop killing urself trying to be the Hulk and spend more money on clothes that fit.

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

have you ever thought that some people enjoy having a workout routine like others enjoy routine walking/biking/reading/playing/cooking/etc?

Comment

• Icarium
        • Oct 2010

Vaguely related... on my second week of a mostly soylent diet.

This domain may be for sale!

I'm not an idealist and don't buy into like movements or causes, but my thought process was maybe this will reduce my addiction to binge eating greasy street food, be cheaper and might give me more energy.

Goal is to get to a point where I can survive 6 days on only Soylent with a cheat meal or non-soylent snack 1 day a week.

This is my first day of only consuming soylent and no other foods, still drinking alcohol ;p. Main concern has been that it might not have enough protein for me since I live a pretty active life so last week I supplemented it with some chicken.

However, I am getting to the point where I'm less hungry during the day and actually going through all my soylent is hard. This isn't a getting sick of the flavor thing... it's more like I don't feel the need to eat any food unless tempted with some really good food smells. The soylent flavor is really neutral and not something I expect to get sick of. It's like floury/bran. Probably what most protein shakes taste like but more neutral.

So see how goes. If it doesnt seem like I can get to my goal state over two months I'll probably give up on this experiment.

Edit: Oh yeah I'm aware that dude posted some crazy poo challenge thing he did which is stark raving mad... doesn't invalidate the premise of soylent in my case... and fundamentally feel like most things that are awesome are created by super crazy people anyways.

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

so my trainer is competing in a bodybuilding event tomorrow. he's staying at my apartment and asked me to buy the following.

Peanut Butter
          Strawberry Preserves
          Rice Cakes
          Cooked Pasta
          Pam Olive Oil Spray
          Bottle of Water

so here's some sci-fi freakness if this thread is going in that direction. the peanut butter and rice cakes are snacks during the competition. the sugar in the preserves makes you more vascular. the water is for sipping, but he's been dehydrating himself for the last two days for more definition.

i thought he was making me an omlette for breakfast with pam, but the oil spray is actually for his body.

and now i have to find some dark bedsheets because he sprayed tanned himself today. i don't understand why he needs it, the guy is black. more definition i suppose...

anyway, it was his suggestion that i wear my weight vest to bed and to work. i couldn't do that, but i've been training the last two weeks with it. tonight i did my pullups without the vest and i think my braggadocio grew 2 inches.

Comment

• Atom
            • Sep 2009

Astanga yoga everyone, no special diet needed. Few weeks and you can feel (and see) the difference.
            Keep it clean and simple. Everything's so damn difficult these days. Including this thread.

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

health goth

Comment

• dduyyy
                • Jul 2014

Any suggestions on making calves less "bulky"? I know that lots of people are complaining about their small calves, but my calves are just too big for a 178cm-tall guy like me. Its really hard to choose a right pair of jeans/pants for me, some are just too tight on the calves while the waist and thighs are perfectly fitted

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

i guess you can sit in a wheelchair for a year and get muscle atrophy. i have the same issue. i just avoid wearing tight pants.

recently joined a crossfit box and on my third class i hurt my back doing deadlifts. other than that everything else is kinda like circuit training.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

dduyyy, the solution is botox

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

lol

you could in theory lose weight all around and it might affect your legs, or it might not. If you do something that works your legs (biking, running, lifting), you could do less of that and it might have an effect, or not. if you don't do anything like that regularly, you could do low resistance cardio. that might slim your legs, or it might do the opposite, I imagine it depends very much on genetics.

but most likely its like endersgame said. keep looking for the right pants, don't be afraid to tailor your clothes.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

ah, the next thing in fitness. obstacle racing...

anyone tried tough mudder or spartan racing? this is the kind of thing when you're in your 30's something mid-life crisis, bored, and wanna do navy seal obstacles without enlisting in combat. the fatality rate is surprisingly low. how do you train for artic enema?

spartan training cert wants you to do 80+ burpees in 5 min and run 1.5 miles in less than 10. fuck that..

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

"New pointless shit - because you are tired of the old shit"
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            "New pointless shit - because you are tired of the old shit"
                            Yep. Fitness is a huge market and as any market it is moved by novelty. New shit = new revenue source.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                              anyone tried tough mudder or spartan racing?
                              I'm quite into many spartan activities. Mainly the ones that involve the wearing of masks. As stated earlier, call it the golden ratio.

Originally posted by Atom View Post
                              Astanga yoga everyone, no special diet needed. Few weeks and you can feel (and see) the difference.
                              Keep it clean and simple. Everything's so damn difficult these days. Including this thread.
                              +1 on this.
                              Originally posted by Shucks
                              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                              Originally posted by interest1
                              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• nvsnli
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                recently joined a crossfit box and on my third class i hurt my back doing deadlifts. other than that everything else is kinda like circuit training.
                                lol, shocker that you hurt your back in a crossfit box class while doing deadlifts.

People should not fuck around with deadlifts until they master the technique.
                                With deadlifts it is not Eric B. & Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique, it is all about the technique.

Maybe find a person who actually know a thing or two about deadlifting before you destroy your back completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎