X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

There is an interview with the founder on The Talks where he goes pretty deep into philosophy. I must say I was surprised - he really sounded genuine. I think he also mentioned there how he would hate to become a chain store, so the idea was to make each one somewhat different. Check out the one in Hamburg, by one of my favorite architects, Vincent Van Duysen (btw, it looks like not all Aesop stores are on that website).

“Life is fleeting, the more we fuel ourselves the more we have to give. Life without some excess, forget it.” “Rise above short-termism; good decisions deliver joy and value over a far greater length of time.”

Aesop's new Hamburg store by Vincent Van Duysen Architects features ladder-like shelving made from oak and blackened steel, and a large stone sink.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• ronin
        Banned
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        “Life is fleeting, the more we fuel ourselves the more we have to give. Life without some excess, forget it.” “Rise above short-termism; good decisions deliver joy and value over a far greater length of time.”
        Not design related, but :
        "There are a few ideas fermenting. The one I’m most attached to has a working title of “Up Joyce’s Nose” and is intended to express the olfactory lows and highlights of Ulysses through a series of “smell-scapes” and performance readings over a number of years across cities that the great man connected with, like Paris, Zurich, and Trieste. It’s a completely crazy thought that I’d really like to see it happen."
        Now that would be truly marvellous.

And great article about Axel Vervoordt. I feel really drawn to his universe, his castle could be my dream home.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thank you. It was quite an experience to explore it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rylie
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Thanks, lowrey.

The more I get acquainted with interior design, the more I realize that the bones of the place - the walls, the floor - are more important than the furniture. You can do a lot with a little if you get the bones right.
            I tried doing some stuff, optimizing my over stuffed bedroom. I had planned some ideas initially. As I started off thing din't go anywhere near good. I then had to hire a walk-in closet organizer to bed my bedroom livable. Actually not just planning is enough, more to do with simple tricks in a professional manner. That's the tip they gave me. I appreciate your work Fraust. Food to see stuff like this(DIY).

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

I need a boom style wall lamp to illuminate my dining table (poorly designed apartment lighting and no overhead power). I'm absolutely in love with the Mouille dual arm lamps but can't possibly drop 5k on one right now. Trying to decide whether to go with an "unlicensed reproduction" (the horror!)

or just settle for my number two, the Mantis BS2.

Unless anyone has other ideas more in the 1-2k range?

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• t-bone
                  • Dec 2009

Thanks, I do like the Prouve, but as this will be at standing eye level for use over the dining table, it really needs to be shaded. I also wanted it to be able to rotate so i can swing it over the sideboard when it's not in use.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I love the Mantis lamps. Go for it!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                      or just settle for my number two, the Mantis BS2.

Unless anyone has other ideas more in the 1-2k range?
                      Thanks for this mate
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Finally found a humidifier that's not pharmacy-ugly. Woot!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

have been using the bigger version of that for a couple of years, works great. Best system I've come across, all the crap in the water gets stuck on the filters which are disposable, so the unit itself requires much much less cleaning then most others. Of course its a bit more expensive as you need to replace them, but worth it imo.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah, I'm ok with that. I might get the second one in the ultrasound version, not sure yet which one is better.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atom11
                              • May 2013

I'm looking for 2 or 3 table lamps, in classic style with white shades (best examples I saw on Axel Vervoordt's pics). Could you give me some advices about interesting trademarks or names?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

I think you could easily make one of these yourself.
                                And while you´re at it you could make the cable exit on the bottom of the vase, I think that´d look way better.
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎