• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    assuming it's for placing on the kartell piece, i'd go with something a bit light and technical looking to avoid retro overload. artemide's tolomeo mini desk version maybe? something along those lines anyway...
    on my hitlist as well. cannot bear my ikea knock-off any longer...

that light box is pretty cute, i must say. i'd get it, if i did not already have this Ligne Roset Fantome as my nightlight.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bestial View Post
      I almost had my mind on getting the tolomeo diffusore a couple of months ago, but something holds me back. a small feeling that it could look like something you find at your grandma.
      you'd almost think i work on commission for artemide, but there's always the classic version:

faust - yes, let us all do our best to minimize the footprint of ikea in our lives. those nasty products are not fitting for men of otherwise discerning taste and ingvar kamprad is a highly unsympathetic and greedy fellow. (unfortunately i'm at the moment stuck with a new apartment which was furnished with an ikea kitchen...)

and get rid of those ligne roset ghosts while you are at it - you're a grown man fer chrissakes! i'm not joking when i say i like maurer's lucellino, but that's as cute as i get...

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

You have to have some fun at home too! I'm actually painting a IKEA step ladder as we speak, my new apartment almost have a height of 3 meters with cabinets all the way to the top so I need something to stand on.

I'm starting to think about something Tom Dixon, the copper Blow

I love the fat spot, but that one won't work on a night stand and I have too much floor lights anyway.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

on the final stretch, think it's between a Flos Tab T and Tolomeo Micro. anyone who owns a Tolomeo Micro and can insure that it will hold itself through out the years and not get tired and start to "hang".

this is by far the hardest decision I've had, lol.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

go for tolomeo then - it's a classic piece and will not clash with the forms of the nightstand!

a long time ago i worked in a designer furniture store - i don't remember ever having any returns of any artemide products, and we sold a bunch of tolomeo i am sure. artemide products are superbly crafted and i would rate it as the best lighting company i know - wouldn't worry too much about it wearing out...

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Cool! What store?

Utilitydesign seems to be the cheapest, more then €100 cheaper then any Swedish store I've seen selling them.

Edit, damn! Saw the Tizio now

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

the tizio is nice, but its actually even bigger than the Lumina Daphine, which imo is better and more refined looking. same price range as well, I think.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

Though about Tizio Micro, €222. Daphine has a dimmer though.

It's in my basket for the moment, haven't pressed buy yet though.

EDIT: Got the Daphine with dimmer. If it's a total fail I have to send it back or get a desk!
                  Last edited by bestial; 10-29-2010, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• mandrup
                    • Oct 2009

I own the Tolomeo and after three years it still hold itself nicely. Go for it.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

even the Tizio micro seems to be larger, you can see the measurements on Ambientedirect

also came across this which I hadn't seen before, seems to be the smallest one in the Daphine range
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

Yes, I saw that too when I checked the measurements provided by light11. Although the Tizio seems to be easier to make "compact", not hovering over the bed, due to the fact that you can move two parts. The Daphine seems to only have one part to angle, and a little bit harder to move away from the bed in a nice way. Although you just can press it down.

The Daphinette isn't as exciting though :) Well, ordered the black Daphine, hope it will work out!

The floor model would've worked though

You don't have a picture of yours Lowrey? Always fun to see user pictures.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

i feel the proportions of the floor version are nicer than any of the other iterations. honestly though, daphine's spider-leg construction and 70's detailing doesn't appeal to me personally.

but i think you made a pretty good choice since i think it should go quite well with your nightstand form-wise, bringing a more industrial flavor to it while at the same time having the style of the same period...

hope you will be happy with your purchase.

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

Thanks. I think this will work out with some other stuff that I have, some more "naked" then others. I have some industrial tables that this will co-relate to, and also more far fetched relatives like the Oslo Woods tripod lamp from Northern Lightning.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

it actually has two joints, but you're right in the sense that the lower one doesn't go backwards much more than a few degrees.

mine is actually turned upwards against the wall even though its a table model, it lights up the corner of the room nicely. don't have any pics, I'll try to remember and take one when the office is slightly less chaotic.

Comment

• christianef
                                • Feb 2009

i love the hill house chair any other contenders for chairs with cool narrow over-long backs.

merci

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎