Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Finally saw Enter The Void (just came out in theaters here). I really enjoyed it.Unlike any recent movie going experiences other than maybe Speed Racer in IMAX.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Enaml
      • Apr 2009

Saw a presentation on this guy this past friday. Pretty interesting.
      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• todestrieb
        • Mar 2009

Double dose of Pete Walker

Comment

• klangspiel
          • Apr 2007

terayama's amazing. an all-time favourite. some of the ideas and imageries that he comes up with are very unique and unprecedented within visual and conceptual history. his films are unparalleled but his works for theatre are something to behold as well. get a hold of audio and video recordings of his theatre troupe, tenjo sajiki. mind blowing stuff to say the least.

Comment

• Enaml
            • Apr 2009

Yes, the presentation on him was excellent. I'd be interested in some recommendations within his work.
            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Saw Lars von Trier's Antichrist yesterday... Not sure what to think of it. I liked the Prologue and Epilogue though

edit: Okay, after reading around a bit I found out I just didn't understand the movie :-\
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Acéphale
                • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Just saw Andrei Tarkowski's The Mirror (Zerkalo). During watching it I was just about to stop it because it just didn't make sense to me. But in the end it made click. Visually great and definitely worth watching.
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• ose
                    • Mar 2009

^ then you should do nothing but immediately watch all his other films if already you haven't! zerkalo is his heaviest film imagery-wise so others should prove to be a bit easier to follow along.

re: "those moments", their origins cannot be discerned employing logic or rationality, rather, the true transcendental and timeless element that tarkovsky has embedded in the imagery is duplicated on the very immaterial fabric of the soul or whatever the fuck itself. it is exactly these moments and the accumulation of these moments into a great pile of orderless moments or one big moment so then something completely else and "more" than a moment but everlasting that radically and eternally shape your person because it is conveyed in a form that relies completely on its own logic and rhythm and is therefore pure. cheap visual metaphors not allowed because they take you out of the image itself and the stuff that does things to you.

'transcendental' is carelessly thrown around a lot of artists but fuck does it ever apply accordingly to tarkovsky and his work. i've never experienced goosebumps as massive and yeah, soul tugging with films other than his.. anyone who's ever absorbed one knows what's up (not counting ivan's childhood, but especially stalker, zerkalo, the ending of offret, the ending of andrei tarkovsky)

okay this post was all hyperbole so i'm looking for good critiques of tarkovsky. prefer objective and comprehensive, i am way unable to do, thanks

Comment

• bookstore
                      • Mar 2010

recently:

MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION by Douglas Sirk
                      GAY SEX IN THE 70s by Joseph Lovett

GAY SEX... wasn't what I thought it would be. it seemed like it would delve into the sex-heavy culture of 70s new york and ended up just being a celebration then a "oh, wait" recession of that attitude. kind of disappointing to see dudes say "yeah, that was great" and then 50 minutes later say "well, ok, maybe it was kind of shitty to fuck everyone, everywhere."

Comment

• Jonn
                        • Mar 2008

white material. they have this really awesome soundtrack by tinkersticks. i'll go check out the other Claire Denise/tinersticks collaborations as well

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

has anyone seen that banksy film yet? is it at all worth checking out?
                          I mean, I read great stuff about it, but then what little I've seen isn't appealing at all

Comment

• YoungM
                            • Nov 2008

I really liked it - thought it was engaging, funny, and quite surprising. However, I'm young, know very little about art, and have rather plebian taste.

Still, I would say it's worth seeing just in case I'm right, unless you only get to watch 10 movies a year.

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

I do very rarely go to the movies, but I don't have plebeian taste (or so I'd like to think). Still curious tho

Comment

• Would
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                                I'm going to see this (In a bar/music venue of all places) on Sunday night. My boyfriend is a huge fan of Korine, and while I'm slightly less enamored with his work, I'm really looking forward to it. Everything I've read and seen suggests it's going to be completely outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎