Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tyro
    • Nov 2008

is there any chance of actually still finding a pair? I would if I could get them

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

that looks awesome! seriously thought about this for a winter coat but could only find it online and didn;'t want to be a guinea pig.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
        aitor is the one to look out for. i'll try and take a wywt photo of my pair one of these days.
        Agreed - he seems truly talented. Glad you were able to source out a pair.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

what were the pricepoints on his stuff? not really a fan of that SI coat, but i really enjoyed his tailored pieces. those trousers look great - for tall people only probably?

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by merz
            well, throup's designs so far suffer from the same issue that kept dis-jointed from reaching a wider audience, not that carol ever appeals to such. pieces are designed with particular anatomies being in the right place. if your knee doesn't fall within the specified knee point on the trousers, the trousers do not look right, etc.
            The other issue is that the pants have that little (presumably nylon) strap along the bottom which keeps them from being hemmed without some difficulty. At this point if I can find a pair in 28 / 30 (I'd need to see measurements) I'd be willing to risk it / or just get rid of the strap if necessary.

Merz - do you think that it would be possible (let's say I found a really good tailor) to have the anatomical portions "shortened" based on what you've seen?
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

coat was $2350 i think; is on sale for $1100

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

I feel like it was actually even a little cheaper than that in Los Angeles when I saw it for some reason but I could definitely be remembering wrong.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Originally posted by Tyro View Post
                  well sorry to seenmy if this is a bit cyber stalker, but for the sake of the thread:

head to ankle AT...
                  wow, the subtleties of the jacket are lost in the logo, but the pants are amazing, hope to get my hands on some of his stuff eventually.

Comment

• Tyro
                    • Nov 2008

is there realistically any chance of finding a pair of the the topman trousers in a 32 or 34? I've checked fairly regularly since they sold out, but have not once seen a pair for sale.

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

amazing drawings... why the actual pieces don't quite 'add-up', in my opinion, is that they severely lack the atmosphere and ambience promised by the drawings... instead, the clothes are just technical translations of the drawn images, i think if he concentrates on translating not just the physical but more so the atmospherics the clothes would be so much more amazing.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i have the aitor throup trousers and they're really cool. granted the fabric isn't all that great since it's topman. can't wait for his new shit to come out.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mizzar
                          • Mar 2008

So about Aitor

He's new project with Stone Island is called Articulated Anatomy.
                          There is three objects: Cap, Jacket, Pants.
                          Pants can be bought on stone island uk online shop for 350 pound.
                          Here is the pictures of pants.

ARTICULATED ANATOMY by AITOR THROUP
                          Following on from the anatomically explorative foundation set by Aitor Throup‘s first collaborative offering with Stone Island (Modular Anatomy - AW08), the second installment of the on-going collaboration shifts its focus from the intricately laborious construction of last season, to a structural enquiry into the articulation of the human body, and its direct relationship with clothing.

The concept behind Articulated Anatomy is based on creating garments which directly mirror the range of movement of the body itself. The pieces morph and move, extend and contract, as the body does. The industrialisation of the clothing has inevitably resulted in an ever-growing standardisation of all stages of garment development and construction.

For example, it is now standard for the generally accepted ‘every-day‘ garment to be constructed as a two-sided box with perfectly straight (or near straight) sleeves. In reality, however, our ‘every-day‘ bodies are rarely in such rigid pose. Our bodies move and articulate, and this is something that clothing should be responsible enough to acknowledge.

When the articulated Anatomy pieces are worn, their engineered articulations are antagonistically activated, tackling common place clothing problems such as excess fabric build up when legs or arms are bent, or the back of the waistband on a pair of trousers staying close to the waist, rather than slipping down, when sitting.
                          In-keeping with his usual approach to conceptual functionalism, Aitor Throup has again explored and challenged standardised garment construction, by designing clothing with as much focus on the process as on the product, giving the work a narrative.

Articulated Anatomy establishes a growing explorative process between Stone Island and Aitor Throup in a continuing series exploring new solutions in the field of clothing the human body.
                          The Anatomy series intends to explore and experiment with one specific concept each season
                          ____
                          sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

this is not a new idea, its used in the design of military garments, matter of fact, military garments that were, and continually are design by a comany I used to work for, even that pants looks eerily similar to our "alpha" combat pants, with articulated seams....... also has many of the elements that are a part of this pants.....................
                            dont want to call anyone a copyist, but these pants come reaaaally close........
                            i'll try to post a few images of the pants, for you all to see the similarities.
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

here they are........... there is another version i'll try to post, later.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

hmm, potential Throup fail here :(

I know it may not be his fault but I'm getting frustrated at not being able to see/handle/try on his pieces edition after edition (can't even call his stuff by seasons). The Stone Island collab stuff is clearly not where he's putting a lot of his creative energy, and his named line is amazingly creative but I don't think anyone on here has seen/tried on but one or two things if they got lucky and saw them at The Library.

Given all this, it's a testament to his abilities and creativity that his name is still known, but I'd love to hear more about his clothes other than some Topman collab you know?
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎