X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mizzar
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    this is not a new idea, its used in the design of military garments, matter of fact, military garments that were, and continually are design by a comany I used to work for, even that pants looks eerily similar to our "alpha" combat pants, with articulated seams....... also has many of the elements that are a part of this pants.....................
    dont want to call anyone a copyist, but these pants come reaaaally close........
    i'll try to post a few images of the pants, for you all to see the similarities.
    It's is look like a 100% military uniform inspired item. And i can see many of the elements your ale talking about. Maybe all that is interesting about Aitor for us is not his actual interest. In every interview he is like "i want to study anatomy of human body".
    So he is not so fashion oriented, but clothes(uniform if you like) oriented. He is now working with Umbro on a new form for England Football Team. So as of now i don't have much hope to see his line or designs in fashion. Damn. I liked his Football Hulligan collection.
    ____
    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• mizzar
      • Mar 2008

and his site is updated.
      there are some interesting images and photos of his work on
      earlier collections.
      www.aitorthroup.com
      ____

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

so i checked out the updated site last night.
        have to agree here, from his concepts and drawings to his approach in creating structured clothing that add to or modify human anatomy he has really a lot of potential. while stunning in conception when executed poorly the results have seemingly come across as caricaturistic (is that even a word?). perhaps i just need to handle more of his stuff.

Originally posted by merz
        aitor is the one to look out for. i'll try and take a wywt photo of my pair one of these days.
        you must do this one of these days, i've been dying to see those pants.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

I'll try and get a picture up of my Topmans sometime this week while I'm back, then - I don't have any of my other clothes with me so I'll just get a simple one wearing just a t-shirt and cheap black sneakers so you can really see the pants (we'll see how the photography actually goes since they're so black, though).

In terms of product the Topman ones are nicer than just about any pair of black trousers I've ever owned - the intricacy in construction is fantastic and the material more than passable. I paid $200 for mine and feel that it was a great deal.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• generic_guy
            • Mar 2007

Aitor has designed the new England football strip, short interview with him about it here:
            The official Umbro website is the only place to get all latest news about Football and Rugby kits, boots, equipment, lifestyle collections and more.

This is supposed to be the shirt:
            which looks a bit underwhelming to me.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

He was on a team of designers as a consultant.

Comment

• mizzar
                • Mar 2008

The actual foto of the jacket and pants on something humanlike.
                It doesn't look very SZ aproved thou.

____

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Intrigued by the pant straps - it looks like moving into a squat position 'activates' them in some way to pull and move fabric to ease the movement? It's a little hard to tell from the images exactly what they're doing but it's an interesting idea - having a more difficult time figuring out the underlying motive of the knitted elbow sections but the segmented arms are interesting as well.

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

do you know where to buy the stone island stuff? i really like them.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I would imagine on their website? Or in flagships in SI crazed countries like England, Italy, S.Korea.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
                        • Oct 2007

thanks. will check. curious to see more though...

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

The people who wear stone island here must be quite different than other countries. I really couldn't believe my eyes when i saw it in l'eclauier.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                            The people who wear stone island here must be quite different than other countries. I really couldn't believe my eyes when i saw it in l'eclauier.
                            yes, yes, they are.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

cant imagine football casuals strolling in off the champs elysees ''got this Aitor in a 50? If not i'll batter you! Met my mate 'Stanley'.'' oh just seems strange.
                              I guess you don't have those sort of people in the US.
                              But i would have thought France would have, hmm maybe they just have too much taste :)

Comment

• polishmike
                                • Jan 2007

Every weekend in ny when I watch matches I see at least a dozen people wearing SI. Some of them with visible battle scars. To be honest I haven't seen SI outside of the pub or the rack at c21 when I'm in the states.

I would get the England top he designed if it wouldn't be England. I mean if it would only have the umbro logo and not 3 lions.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎