X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mizzar
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    cant imagine football casuals strolling in off the champs elysees ''got this Aitor in a 50? If not i'll batter you! Met my mate 'Stanley'.'' oh just seems strange.
    I guess you don't have those sort of people in the US.
    But i would have thought France would have, hmm maybe they just have too much taste :)
    From what i read on SI fans forum-they don't like Aitor, and yes they all so "Hey Lad!" and all agressive and tough.

I like SI and CP but in a way i like good clothes made from good materials.

But here in Ukraine SI cost more then CDG or RO, even if you know the prices in here are madness. Some SI jacket costs 2200$ and Faust's Junya boiled woold holy grail in black costs around 1500 or even less. I don't remeber :(. But you get the idea.
    ____
    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• mizzar
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by merz
      pizdets.
      Это еще слабо сказано.
      При моей зарплате в 300 долларов

And there is no big niche for SI in Ukraine thou.
      The prices on anything that was "made in italy" is just overwhelming.
      RO's t-shirts costs about 3500 hrivna- 440 $.
      RO's jeans - 500 $ and more.

Kinda funny in some very perverted way.
      ____

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Piffen
        • Aug 2007

^ What's even funnier is that there's this thing called the interwebz that provides ways of instakopping elsewhere. Fab.

Comment

• mizzar
          • Mar 2008

sorry fro offtop

^ of course with postUSSR mail it's like playing russian roulette. there is a 30-50% chance that you'll never recive your 2000$ RO leather jacket becouse of the mail, or customs.

So what about DHL, FedEX and others you may ask?
          How about that: for customs clearence and taxes they whant around 30-50% of the price of the package.

And that's not all. They can mistakenly lost or destroy your package couse they just can't find your adress in their database.

Oh, and you need to pay some taxes for anything pricier then 200 Euro. Even if you recive it by ordinary mail. From 13% to 40% or 110%, it depends on the customs mariage status, or weather.

So what were you saying about Arpanet ?))
          ____

Comment

• mizzar
            • Mar 2008

merz: i'm working on developing some way to get the f*ck out of here. Спасибо за взгляд со стороны. Как всегда изнутри оно не выглядит настолько плохо, но благодарая таким местам как этот форум, понимаешь, что на самом деле в полной заднице. Буду работать над решением.
            ____

Comment

• mizzar
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by merz
              well, i knew that part roughly around the time i saw the video of those 3 teenagers from donetsk murdering old people with hammer, screwdriver and some rocks.
              The worst part is that they probably were inspirated by "Преступление и наказание" .

So what about your's topman x aitor pants? Could we see your WAYWT in them? Realy interested in how they fit.
              ____

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Mizzar, I was going to offer to hook you up with SI/CP/DRKSHDW from here for dirt cheap, but with the fucking customs horror story you offered, I guess it won't work. Svalivay iz etogo bolota. The funny thing that Russia seems to have fixed their problems and behaves more or less civilized - at least I haven't had problems sending stuff to Moscow (not sure about the rest of the country).
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mizzar
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Mizzar, I was going to offer to hook you up with SI/CP/DRKSHDW from here for dirt cheap, but with the fucking customs horror story you offered, I guess it won't work. Svalivay iz etogo bolota. The funny thing that Russia seems to have fixed their problems and behaves more or less civilized - at least I haven't had problems sending stuff to Moscow (not sure about the rest of the country).
                  Thank a lot Faust. I know about your "Faust proxy service", if you mean it. There are ways of infiltrating our borders thou. Package must be only from a private person + некоторые компании все-же доставляют нормально. Потери и "уничтожения" вещей были в основном в 2007-2006 году, но с тех пор ничего большого не заказывал. Заявленная стоимость от 40$ до 190$. Если больше начинаются проблемы. За последний год не было проблем только с доставкой Royal Mail. Но вряд ли получиться из Нью Йорка(если не ошибаюсь сейчас там живешь?) отправить британской почтой. Поговорю со знакомыми стилистами, может действительно за последние полгода что-то поменялось и появились варианты "правильной" доставки. Тогда и буду спрашивать что ты имешь ввиду под "dirt cheap".
                  And i'm not a big fan of SI or CP.
                  And Faust, Moscow is not Russia, really.

p.s. Sorry for all non-cyrillic speakers. Such a big amount of non-english text is only becouse my english is not so good to describe the situation without errors.
                  ____

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

this is old, but...

the New Orleans Project video:
                    Founded by Nick Knight, SHOWstudio pushes the boundaries of communicating fashion with live content, innovative collaborations and unique conversations from leading global figures.

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

^lol
                      WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
                        The actual foto of the jacket and pants on something humanlike.
                        It doesn't look very SZ aproved thou.

Saw both of these pieces today in CP/SI store in Rome and to tell you the truth it's a yawn. It's still sportswear and it's nothing groundbreaking. The anatomic details on the jacket consist of elbow/forearm elastic insert, boofuckinghoo. The pants are really just cargo pants. All of these cuts are BTDT.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swych
                          • May 2008

Isn't there something to be said about Aitor Throup pieces falling short whenever it is realised though? Every time I see an Aitor garment it is exactly as Faust said- just a patch or attachment, or tie around to 'accentuate' an anatomic joint.

Merz I agree that there is a certain integrity in his portfolio but I am beginning to think that we are all disillusioned by the whimsy of his disproportioned figures. Intriguing as his sketches and ideas are, they cant make the jump into production because they dont address anything beyond the conceptual design. (speaking from an architectural stand point- I'm not familiar with how design development works in fashion)

really? anatomic?

Comment

• swych
                            • May 2008

oh and ps, still waiting on some pics for aitor x topman trousers.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The question remains, why doesn't he show his work? What is it? Why is he not producing anything? Let's face it, if the garments are the ultimate justification of designer's work, I'd like to see some. What's he afraid of?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• seenmy
                                • May 2009

in a way no one has seen an true Aitor garment yet, as he has never produced anything for the consumer yet, every sample from his ba to his ma to funeral is essentially a concept (art) piece, made by hand in his studio.So in my eyes the product which are born from this ground work are still to come to life.

the spw and topman projects again to me are successfull (im a spw fan) so the jackets I appreciate and I guess having an involvement in them gives me a vested interest in them,Im still waiting to get the articulated jacket and tee but I enjoy both the cap and the pants and the modular jacket is one of my favorite jackets.the cp 1000m jacket that will release this fall is I think the best project he has done with spw and the reworking of a icon so close to his heart is pretty special. its a piece that needs to be tried on to enjoy it so if you get the chance do it and you will see how the concept works in the real. I cant wait to get my one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎