• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="ionn26"]

I actually prefer both.. I like it how it change into a totally different beast when it rains.. and then afterward it is returned to its shape. I think that for CCP leather that was the intention. The idea is that when it is wet ... it moulds onto your body and that when it is dried it retain part of your shape and its original construction. Kinda like transformer.. lol

Although I have not had any problem with the shirt or the pants so far...

Also... did Lazzari just sold a bunch of their shoes??? I can't see that on their website anymore.. especially the jointed boots

[/quote]

ionn, you are a stronger man than me [73] every drop of rain on the jacket I had was like [:'(]

Like you, I have not had a single problem with the shirts, pants or shoes. Fingers crossed! Everything seems to be holding up extremely well!

I think the jointed boots have sold out! Crazy no? Prime size 8 was gone the evening they went up. I'm surprised no one on here got a pair at all considering all the mystery/hype that surrounded them. Absolutely beautiful pieces. Sometimes I just want to have a large glass curio cabinet to collect amazing pieces like that one.

[/quote]

Albert... I agree with you in the beginning, I am the same. I was treating it like it was my precious thing. Remember Lord of the ring... 'Precious'.. and how people go crazy with it... well.. I stop been like that and just accept the fact that there are going to be wear and tear.

Although I am still alittle bit careful with my boots.. Try not to step into water and all..

I agree with you.. I am very surprised that someone from here didn't get it... I was seriously considering getting it.. but I totally overblown my budget this Christmas and New Year and I still haven't finish buying half of what I wanted to buy... so.. this boots unfortunately was totally out of my budget for now.... but I am proud to say now I have__ CCP leather jacket,__ boots(SHHHHHh......) and I am yet to wear all of them... I really should build a shrine... hehhehehe...

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Ionn you crazy crazy man [86]

It's true though, every new item we purchase we baby for weeks/months and then eventually if it makes it there, it becomes just another piece to wear during daily clothing rotations. Like you, I still kinda watch where I step with my boots but it doesn't keep me from wearing them. My black diagonal zips and gray diagonal zips get more usage than any other footwear in my closet except my beat to hell german military sneakers hehehe.

The jointed boots are cool to look at but in the end probably too severe to wear. Lovely as an art piece for damn sure though!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

YEP [86] PRRREECIOUS....

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Related to the leather problem, I had a similar tramatic experience
          with my light grey Cloak SS 07 leather jacket. The leather is buttery
          soft but apparently was not treated to be worn outside the house.
          I got a tiny sprinkle of rain on it and every drop showed up as a dark
          spot and never went away. A few weeks ago I made things
          monumentally worse by trying to clean it with a foaming leather
          cleanser (good for all kinds of leather, yeah right) well everywhere I
          sprayed the cleanser darkened and discolored the jacket and created a
          horrible mottled look to the thing. What's worse is the moisture
          also changed the quality of the leather and stiffened it. I took
          it to a leather repair shop in NYC that I read could perform
          miracles. The guy there said it was in bad shape and the leather
          wasn't treated properly before it left the factory and it shouldn't
          have been so fragile. They had to re-dye the jacket completely,
          I'm still waiting to get it back but I called yesterday and they said
          it was in good shape. I couldn't believe a leather jacket that
          retailed for $3000 could be so easily ruined. I got it for 80%
          off at the cloak closing sale, but getting it fixed cost me another
          $265 (half of what I paid for the jacket!). I'm keeping my
          fingers crossed that it looks like new when I get it, at least it will
          be protected now, but I don't think I'll ever buy another leather
          jacket.

[quote user="Johnny"]

I find this quite interesting. I do
          see what you are saying RADA, expense certainly can relate to matters
          other than just how hard wearing something is and therefore the notion
          of "quality" is not wholly objective, but I think there's a point you
          are missing. There's nothing innovative, delicate or unusual about CCPs
          lining materials, and there is simply no way that they should fall
          apart like that. It's just been badly made. There's no excuse for
          it. Anyway I'm a sucker too, since I continue to buy knowing
          about these problems......

And Mike, yesit is impossible to wear the one CCP leather I have in the rain - every
          single rain drop shows up as a stain on the leather! On two separate
          occasions I've had to run back to my flat to change when the rain has
          come on !

[/quote]
          music

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

That's terrible Casem!

A full redye job of the jacket is $265? Hmm, good to know.

Best of luck man! Let us know how it goes!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Casem... I don't know if you are still in NYC.. .they have some damn good places to fix the leather.. .I send one to clean... it was miracle.. like good as new. I am also been told that ANY leather that we buy... we should always send it to them to 'pre-treat' meaning put a protective coating over the leather. This will prevent the rain drop markson leather or spotty cleaning that you would get from self DIY. This will also make the leather jacket last longer(as if it is not suppose to be built forever those CCP ones). Good to know that redying is about 265USD. The thing is I think it takes them about 1 month to do it.. at least it did for my drycleaning for the leather.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I think the following information is absolutely relevant in the Poell discussion:

I was picking out clothes this morning (well it was afternoon to be honest) and grabbed my joint knee trousers. I happened to notice some details in the construction which I hadn't paid attention to before, I guess thisoccasionally happenseven after owning a garment for a while.I was looking inside the pants, examining the buttonholed waistbandandthe overlock stitching inside thecrotch. my eyes wanderedtowards the liningunder the front pockets, which by the way looks a bit like striped shirt fabric, and on to the golden label inside the waist,when my girlfriend, who had walked into the bedroom, asks: "why the hell are you smiling at your pants..?"

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

lol! cute.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                    • Sep 2006

LOL! priceless. [86]

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                      • Sep 2006

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I have to admit thought that this wasn't my first time, I was once also caught smiling at a sandwich [:$]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Yea, it would have saved me lots of money if I would have pretreated it as soon as I got it. I'm not in NYC anymore, but I took the jacket to this place while I was still there:

http://www.superiorleathernyc.com/

It only took them 2 weeks and now I'm waiting to get it back in the mail.

Cute story Mike, I know it's sickbut sometimes I just look in my closet and smile...

[quote user="ionn26"]Casem... I don't know if you are still in NYC.. .they have some damn good places to fix the leather.. .I send one to clean... it was miracle.. like good as new. I am also been told that ANY leather that we buy... we should always send it to them to 'pre-treat' meaning put a protective coating over the leather. This will prevent the rain drop markson leather or spotty cleaning that you would get from self DIY. This will also make the leather jacket last longer(as if it is not suppose to be built forever those CCP ones). Good to know that redying is about 265USD. The thing is I think it takes them about 1 month to do it.. at least it did for my drycleaning for the leather.[/quote]

music

Comment

• buratino
                            • Feb 2007

It's not really the theme but:

My father have had a New Year several day's party & one of his "friends" left our house with my overlock '06-'07(from lazzari) jacket. So, I think I'll never see it again...(anycase it was one size bigger:))

It'll be interesting to see someone homeless wearing it(reall underground concept!)

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

I think the following information is absolutely relevant in the Poell discussion:

I was picking out clothes this morning (well it was afternoon to be honest) and grabbed my joint knee trousers. I happened to notice some details in the construction which I hadn't paid attention to before, I guess thisoccasionally happenseven after owning a garment for a while.I was looking inside the pants, examining the buttonholed waistbandandthe overlock stitching inside thecrotch. my eyes wanderedtowards the liningunder the front pockets, which by the way looks a bit like striped shirt fabric, and on to the golden label inside the waist,when my girlfriend, who had walked into the bedroom, asks: "why the hell are you smiling at your pants..?"

[/quote]

Just caught the story. Hilarious! [74]

Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• buratino
                                • Feb 2007

I guess he picked up this as far as it's a leather piece, but anycase(not mentioning I think he was absoulutelly drunk) a fellow have a good taste ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎