Re: Carol Christian Poell

I'm guessing the same......Ouch!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="philip nod"]and w a name like that shouldn't it be a goddamn bargain? [70]
      [/quote]

Funny you should say this. When I was mulling over the idea of opening a boutique, I was thinking to name it The Library, and someone who works in fashion was scoffing at it ("Library, noone goes to a library" - ditsy bitch), and then I find out about The Library in London [86]

[/quote]

I should know how much the grey/green overlock will set me back from The Library by Friday. I can't tell if I hope it's something I can swing or something I can't. I should just buy a car . . .

[/quote]

I keep saying it... but I'd highly recommend you get a different colorway. The water spots will drive you absolutely nuts on the green/gray. I LOVED the jacket when I got it but liberated it after just a few wears because any smidgen of rain (or "city water" droplets from high up a/c units as you know NYC, Boston etc all have) leaves a ring mark after it dries and you have to go back with a damp cloth to wipe that area so that it can re-dry smoothly.

The colorway and treatment are absolutely lovely but that one issue made the jacket and me part ways. The black leathers are less maintenance in that sense and are just as stunning.... and likely cheaper :)

Have you contacted Lazzari in regards to a special order through them instead of The Library? Through London you have both the quid and the natural markup for a special order working against your dollar.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

theetruscan... what size are you looking for?

pity you are not looking for the black overlock ... thats the one I am selling... but I also go the green one.... decisions decisions...

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

^parting with the black ionn? :(

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
            • Feb 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="philip nod"]and w a name like that shouldn't it be a goddamn bargain? [70]
            [/quote]

Funny you should say this. When I was mulling over the idea of opening a boutique, I was thinking to name it The Library, and someone who works in fashion was scoffing at it ("Library, noone goes to a library" - ditsy bitch), and then I find out about The Library in London [86]

[/quote]

I should know how much the grey/green overlock will set me back from The Library by Friday. I can't tell if I hope it's something I can swing or something I can't. I should just buy a car . . .

[/quote]

I keep saying it... but I'd highly recommend you get a different colorway. The water spots will drive you absolutely nuts on the green/gray. I LOVED the jacket when I got it but liberated it after just a few wears because any smidgen of rain (or "city water" droplets from high up a/c units as you know NYC, Boston etc all have) leaves a ring mark after it dries and you have to go back with a damp cloth to wipe that area so that it can re-dry smoothly.

The colorway and treatment are absolutely lovely but that one issue made the jacket and me part ways. The black leathers are less maintenance in that sense and are just as stunning.... and likely cheaper :)

Have you contacted Lazzari in regards to a special order through them instead of The Library? Through London you have both the quid and the natural markup for a special order working against your dollar.

[/quote]

Albert.. I agree with you.. but you know.. I actually emailed CCP with the issue of the rain drop...(although hasn't happen to me yet), but prevention is better then remedy right?

They have actually told me that on the tag, it says that it should have discoloration as you wear more.. and voila...what do you know.. on the tag it does say that.. and they say that if it does bother me alot.. I can try to sink it in the water... the whole jacket.. and then... put it next to a 'heating source' that bake dry the leather and it should be fine.. and if all fails.. we can send it back to them and they will re-treat it for us. I guess thats the service you expect when you pay a great deal of money for it right?! hahahha but of course there is shipping fee involved...

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Albert.. yes.. the black.. lol... actually ... its one size too big for me... CCP told me that I can send it back to them to re-size.. but for me probably too much effort.. so I figure.. *sigh...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

^ that's awesome!!!

You know, that's not a bad idea at all then. I hadn't expected the method of dunking the whole jacket and redrying it to be something you could do (although it makes sense now that I think about the fact that you can wipe one section).

It's so cool that CCP's customer service is dead on like that. Like you said, you pay a lot, but the service is really something to be commended.

On that note, I'll rescind my remark on difficulties of the jacket with water. With the idea that you can "reset" the jacket, this becomes close to a non-issue

Good call Ionn!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

ionn, you have a pm...
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ionn26
                    • Feb 2007

Albert... I guess I am really into CCP the same idea as Carpe that you can actually put it in the washer and dryer for 'EASY clean'. I doubt that how many of us will actually do that... lol.. and sometimes.. I wonder why they say 'heating source'. I am so tempted to put it next to my fireplace.. for slow bake.. hahahha. and they also did mention that the jacket does get re-set or re-size... when you heat it again.. so it can shrink.. so if it does stretch..after you bake it.. it shrinks back also.. crazy huh? I guess that shows how much CCP knows about his leather...

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]ionn, you have a pm...
                      [/quote]

Cop. Cop. Cop.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

^ you gotta love CCP/CDiem for their mastery over the fabrics/leathers that they use.

Man... I NEED me that black overlock!

Comment

• pipcleo
                          • Jan 2007

Kkkkkk
                          Last edited by pipcleo; 01-12-2012, 11:47 PM. Reason: Llll

Comment

• pipcleo
                            • Jan 2007

Oooooo
                            Last edited by pipcleo; 01-12-2012, 11:52 PM. Reason: Oooooo

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

..and they also did mention that the jacket does get re-set or re-size...
                              when you heat it again.. so it can shrink.. so if it does
                              stretch..after you bake it.. it shrinks back also.. crazy huh?

Yeah, most leathers can be 'reset'. Pipcleo, I have to agree with you as well. These are classic pieces. I am guilty of thinking about selling my 4-zip motorcycle jacket every now and then, but I do change my mind the moment I put it on again though. [73]

Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

In order. I know it has color issues, and that will limit how often I can wear it. Black would be more practical. However, this is really just a dumb gift for myself. I've lost 42 of 55 planned pounds and am getting quite close to 10% body fat from about 33%. I figure I get one really stupid purchase though I may well rethink to black by Friday.

I'm a 54 if you have one to let go. I'm not sure that he even makes for people with my shoulders except to order.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎