• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

mortal,

i thought you were getting a 4x5 camera set up [83]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="sheshelis"]

i'll explain: some boots are only glued and stitched, some glued and nailed (depending ss or aw season or climate).

CCP footwear is made using all of those, so that means that you can wear them any season any climate and any weather condition!! the only thing you would need to do is impregnate against water(wax or whatever) !

i think even if the buckle falls out from carol boots - f** that! the most important thing is the makers are loyal to traditional old school way of producing and no one ever can compete with that!

[/quote]

If the buckle falls out, that's poor workmanship. A lot of shoes are pegged, nailed, stitched. Gluing as a traditional method is not something I knew about (except to hold the cork and "sockliner" to the shoe).

Lots of makers make shoes in a traditional style, and do so in such a manner that things don't fall off. Being loyal to traditional methods isn't worth shit if you are incompetent.

NOTE: I'm not saying that Mr. Poell is incompetent, just pointing out that there's no value in being traditional if you suck at it.

[/quote]

All sorts of things fall apart on Poell items and some of them by design (for example the items with paper treatment). I think he's more an artist than an old-school cobbler. If anything, he's subverting tradition rather than following it. Still that's no excuse for faulty buckles.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

Funny you mention that...perhaps by creating such faulty garments that people are willing to pay high premiums for, he is making a statement on the addictive butfleeting nature of consumerism. It's not the first time i've heard of Poell items falling apart in short amounts of time...

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

somebody start the poell items thread again about his items falling apart. there might not be any left to say about poell here.

Comment

• buratino
            • Feb 2007

CCP rules!

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

already been said many times. REPEAT. REPEAT.

Comment

• buratino
                • Feb 2007

sorry guys here who are not satisfied with the quality, but usually the problems with such a kind of stuffare commingwith the extremly difficult designer solutions(+ outstanding unsual materials)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

ccp is the most charismatic. i <3
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• buratino
                    • Feb 2007

the most charismatic thepeople who arewearing his stuff ;)

Comment

• deleuze
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="Johnny"]There is certainly an A shape to them. It's not hip flare as such (in my opinionthe jacket that deluezeis wearing is too small and hterefore the flare is overemphasised) it's A line. Partly this is acheived by a very high centre vent at the back[/quote]

I agree with this. The jacket is definitely cut with an A-line. My built shoulders and womanly hips doesn't help. Sizing up to a 50 I thought was the best I could do. 52 would just look even more off. I do agree with buratino though that it is an interesting cut and quite different than anything I've worn before. Hey, that's the reason I picked it up to begin with.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

I personally dont own anything CCP, and while i like his work, i am only interested in the hockeye boots as they are the only thing he makes that i would spend that kind of money for, Nevertheless, to each his own as we all have different budgets and levels of affordability when it comes to certain things.

that being said, i see him as an experimental designer, one part tradition, another part experiment, because even the traditional techniques that he uses are treated in an experimental way...............He never invented Ovelocking, but he used it in ways that were never done before, I think generally his garments are well made, but with all experimental designers, there is the possibility of items not being as durable as tried and true methods of playing it safe.............Its never good when something that is (comparatively) expensive falls apart, but the fact that he is using methods and materials that are experimental there is always the possibility of failure, which is fine by me as i don't think he intentionally, or carelessly makes things for them to not be durable

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i think that's part of the reason why ccp is quite willing to go the extra mile for its customers, knowing that his experimentations might be the most durable. i.e. uparmoured's pants, etc...
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

mortal,

i thought you were getting a 4x5 camera set up [83]

[/quote]

[:$]

I admit, this was also a contributing consideration...those boots are pure love though...

I guess once I heard about the buckles, I didn't even need to post in RSG...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• matthewhk
                              • Jan 2007

I saw a shirt from the present season that was quite interesting in concept - it was a white shirt, but the seams were all glued together. I wonder how something like this would hold up with wear and washing? The piece seemed substantial enough on the hanger...or is that a stupid question and this is a dry clean only item? But still...

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                                • Dec 2006

a few ccp/atelier questions.
                                anyone know if 52 is the largest size in the leather jackets? and what the chest and shoulder measurements are, or about?
                                anyone know how much the new leather jackets at A are and how much that limited edition leather bag is? i know i could email
                                them these questions but i email them too much and i think they are getting mad at me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎