• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Re: Carol Christian Poell

hmmm...thanks!
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Read through all the posts I was awol on hehehe.

Man.. I tell ya, two weeks away from SZ and you really decrease your visceral urges for pieces! Now that I'm back, I got the bug again!

The invisible seam pants are so damn sick. Carol did most likely use some high tensile thin fishing-line thread for the stitchwork and it should hold up through most cleaning processes. In the off chance that it DOES break though... it's gonna be a pain to mend. That aside, they are lovely lovely.

I love that gentle twist in the legs, so fucking clean. When I move into a house I may just set up a room with pieces on display and get a curio cabinet type thing for some pieces... even if the displays are only for myself at least I'll feel like I'm giving these items the treatment they deserve.

Can't wait to see more photos of the invisible seam jacket!

..now I"m off to watch the CCP video hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Video is beautiful. Definitely seeing these pieces in motion makes them that much better!

The reversible poly lining pieces make so much more sense this way... almost makes me want to pick one up. I'd have to agree on the rubber band boots though, the slit on the inner ankle pops open way too much.

The more I look at them, the more I'm REALLY digging the seamless shirts; both the long and short sleeve versions. I may have to start the hunt for those soon considering that A has probably long sold out of those bad boys.

I'm more holding my breath for fall/winter though. Carol has really shone through with some uber-baller pieces then.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Trendy Andy
          • Jun 2007

Agreed! The video was certainly entertaining. It definitely did its job which was to showcase the pieces rather than adding all that glitz and glamour that you mostly would expect in a fashion video. [73]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Video is beautiful. Definitely seeing these pieces in motion makes them that much better!

[/quote]

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Great video. I still find his aesthetic, I don't know how to put it, a little grotesque/creepy for me. But I love his concepts and his innovation in construction and re-conceptualizing what clothes can be. CCP is a true artist. My only difficulty is that while I can appreciate the grotesque in a sculpture or a wall hanging (and in fact I have always leaned toward darker things), I don't know that I want it on my body.
            music

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

The reversible poly lining pieces make so much more sense this way... almost makes me want to pick one up. I'd have to agree on the rubber band boots though, the slit on the inner ankle pops open way too much.

The more I look at them, the more I'm REALLY digging the seamless shirts; both the long and short sleeve versions. I may have to start the hunt for those soon considering that A has probably long sold out of those bad boys.

I'm more holding my breath for fall/winter though. Carol has really shone through with some uber-baller pieces then.

[/quote]

Albert, i am helping out at Kurts store at the moment. We have some glueseamed longsleeves and T-s in size 50 if i remember correctly.

If you or someone else needs something, i can arrange that.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Welcome back, Albert! I can't wait to see F/W either.

[quote user="casem83"]Great video. I still find his aesthetic, I don't
                know how to put it, a little grotesque/creepy for me. But I love his
                concepts and his innovation in construction and re-conceptualizing what
                clothes can be. CCP is a true artist. My only difficulty is that while
                I can appreciate the grotesque in a sculpture or a wall hanging (and in
                fact I have always leaned toward darker things), I don't know that I
                want it on my body.[/quote]

That's interesting casey, it's exactly this grotesque/creepiness that really draws me to his work. It's like wearing clothing that has a life of its own, and opens up a dialogue between your body and it.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="Avantster"]

Welcome back, Albert! I can't wait to see F/W either.

[quote user="casem83"]Great video. I still find his aesthetic, I don't
                  know how to put it, a little grotesque/creepy for me. But I love his
                  concepts and his innovation in construction and re-conceptualizing what
                  clothes can be. CCP is a true artist. My only difficulty is that while
                  I can appreciate the grotesque in a sculpture or a wall hanging (and in
                  fact I have always leaned toward darker things), I don't know that I
                  want it on my body.[/quote]

That's interesting casey, it's exactly this grotesque/creepiness that really draws me to his work. It's like wearing clothing that has a life of its own, and opens up a dialogue between your body and it.

[/quote]

love that.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

i'm really digging the white shuuz

the real question is, should i get the black shuuz from A?????????

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• awlouie
                      • Sep 2007

Awesome looks Joey...I like the long hair too! [Y]
                      "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                      -Bruce Lee

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

STUNNING Joey!

Btw is it just me or is everybody else experiencing problems on the site with posting or sending Pms?

Comment

• JohnFG
                          • May 2007

have the same probelms ;(

JF

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Albert, i am helping out at Kurts store at the moment. We have some glueseamed longsleeves and T-s in size 50 if i remember correctly.

If you or someone else needs something, i can arrange that.

[/quote]

Nice! Congrats on the job :) You get to see all of his treasures!

I'm looking more for the seamless shirts rather than the glue seamed pieces. KH carries them too?

Thanks for the offer my friend :)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="awlouie"]Awesome looks Joey...I like the long hair too! [Y][/quote]

[quote user="theaddict"]

STUNNING Joey!

Btw is it just me or is everybody else experiencing problems on the site with posting or sending Pms?

[/quote]

that's not me. although i do want to steal everything he's wearing.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

That upper thigh twisting is perrrfect. I love it. The jacket texture is a bit too cheap looking for me in this instance. Look at all the puckering around the shoulder seam. I need those pants in my life along with some jointed pieces asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎