Clear All

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

probably promotion for a lurker, but mildly amusing:

ccp makes me feel better about myself despite my lifeless job

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

^^^ that's pretty good. ccp is definitely selling high priced cluthinz just to make people feel better.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• threeve
        • Jun 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

^^^ that's pretty good. ccp is definitely selling high priced cluthinz just to make people feel better.

on another note, looks like i'll be passing on buying the derbys.

[/quote]

ah come on now, i'm no johnny-come-lately, or some rich kid hypebeast. don't let me getting them turn you off from getting them. I still bought japanese denim even afterthe'05 boomers to sufu came into the mix.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

hahaha. you took that the wrong way. i was contemplating on buying the derbys, but i've decided to wait, which has no bearing on you purchasing them.

Comment

• threeve
            • Jun 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]hahaha. you took that the wrong way. i was contemplating on buying the derbys, but i've decided to wait, which has no bearing on you purchasing them.
            [/quote]

You have to excuse my misinterpretation. When I came in here asking about sizing, the answers I got where like in code or something. I was a little worried I had barged in on some secret society-- newcomers carefully selected by being soaked in water for two months. Actually, what kept me so long from making the purchase was saving up to get them.

Anyway, in an effort to not continue to bring the quality of this forum down, as I've done so far, let me offer my review of the new shoes:

I went with the black derby's over the grey (really more green), purely for versatility. The shoes were sized correctly at 10, which i'm a 10.5 or 44. Although, I feel both the 11 and 9 could have worked. These have a leather insert in them, which they tell me is new for this year. To be honest, the leather insert doesn't allow the foot to fit all the way into the shoe, allowing the heel to grab as much as it should. But as these have already stretched, this will correct itself. The shoes themselves will require extreme breaking in. The creases below the toe box bite pretty hard, but they've begun to soften. The cordovan leather (I can't believe all this time i didn't know cordovan was horse) is so buttery. The nails on the bottom are fairly recessed, so that helps with preventing floor scratching. Despite absolutely no tread, they are not as slippery as say Carpe Diems are; I was easily able to have traction during stops on the scooter. Caution though, if you don't have access to a good cobbler, don't ever wear these too hard. It was an interesting choice to go with cloth laces, but itworks well. I think these shoes can work in any season, any wardrobe, and any age group. To be honest, much of CCP is too avant garde for me, or just plain looks silly on my big fat american body. But these tend to appeal to the everyman, particularly the everyman of the 19th century. My only worry is that i'm fulfilling poell's prophecy, if one interprets "SAFE" to mean that these pieces are a safe bet for mainstream and wide appeal. Oh well, i'm sure at $1800 a pop, rest assured these will never become "safe".

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

the leather insert existed in the f/w shoes too. i don't have a pair of the s/s07's so i can't confirm, but i don't think those had them though.

the creases in the shoe will let up. i suggest just pushing them out with your toe and it'll be better in no time. it's often painful though.

i would suggest (some people on the forum will disagree) getting vibram soles for the shoes. especially if you plan on walking a lot in them. this season's derby bring back to form why ccp made fantastic derby. i didn't like the fw versions because they were too bulky and seemed less streamlined.

i agree that the blacks are more versatile, but if you already have a pair of nice black shoes they're a great compliment.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

I went with the black derby's over the grey (really more green), purely
                for versatility. The shoes were sized correctly at 10, which i'm a
                10.5 or 44. Although, I feel both the 11 and 9 could have worked.

when you inform the lurkers, apologies lurkers, that the 9,10, and 11 can fit your incredibly versatile feet, you set off a chain reaction in which p nod gets pms where lurkers, apologies again, need correct sizing info. don't you see, we must get this right for the lurkers, i am so sorry lurkers [51], but how can your feet expand like that? i want your magic feet so i can fit into a size range equivalent of approx. texas [87] how do you do it, the lurkers need to know!!! [H]

and for versatile, well that depends. i mean one can wear black all summer and all season, i have no problem w that at all, as you know i'm am awaiting to get my ninja license [79]reinstated from merz so i am trying to be a good ninja. (but, take note, i got big plans for The Merz) [86] but say you introduce a bit of color into the mix, blue grey linen jil sander shorts, a yellow ochre virgin wool distressed black dries noten cardigan, a LUC reversible black and white carbon l/s[:|], all of a sudden the grey become quite expectionally versatile in pulling together complete outfits, while your black, beautiful indeed, are content to lurk in the shadows. all apologies....[66] (death to all) lurkers.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

I went with the black derby's over the grey (really more green), purely
                  for versatility. The shoes were sized correctly at 10, which i'm a
                  10.5 or 44. Although, I feel both the 11 and 9 could have worked.

when you inform the lurkers, apologies lurkers, that the 9,10, and 11 can fit your incredibly versatile feet, you set off a chain reaction in which p nod gets pms where lurkers, apologies again, need correct sizing info. don't you see, we must get this right for the lurkers, i am so sorry lurkers [51], but how can your feet expand like that? i want your magic feet so i can fit into a size range equivalent of approx. texas [87] how do you do it, the lurkers need to know!!! [H]

and for versatile, well that depends. i mean one can wear black all summer and all season, i have no problem w that at all, as you know i'm am awaiting to get my ninja license [79]reinstated from merz so i am trying to be a good ninja. (but, take note, i got big plans for The Merz) [86] but say you introduce a bit of color into the mix, blue grey linen jil sander shorts, a yellow ochre virgin wool distressed black dries noten cardigan, a LUC reversible black and white carbon l/s[:|], all of a sudden the grey become quite expectionally versatile in pulling together complete outfits, while your black, beautiful indeed, are content to lurk in the shadows. all apologies....[66] (death to all) lurkers.

[/quote]

[87] [87] [87] [87] [87] absolutely brilliant

p niddles- you have used more emoticons in one post then i do [86]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

i know --- its so fun [74][74][83][:(][70][:'(]
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]i know --- its so fun [74][74][83][:(][70][:'(]
                      [/quote]

[86]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

god dammit. now i'm thinking about the black derbys again. jesus.

Comment

• landwolf
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2008

I've always held the belief that gray is much more versatile than black, only because I dislike most black / color combinations.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

^^ Joey you're not the only one and I have zero justification for buying them. ;)
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]god dammit. now i'm thinking about the black derbys again. jesus.[/quote]

the derbys are quite beautiful. the grey ones are quite nice considering all of the reasons stated above. but for some reason i [64] grey ccp shoes/boots at the moment... those boots if only i could afford a special order. they would be mine.

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

Thank God CCP does not make glitter or invisible twisted seam dresses...That would be the end of Kira.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎