• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Casius View Post
    I can agree Swami. I've always thought that no marketing is the perfect form of marketing. It lets the customer/people decide what they do and do not like and not trying to replicate some good looking model in an ad.
    Shit, and here I was trying to cut out a marketing-free corner of the universe for myself.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
      So what is the point that you are trying to make here? Every designer draws inspirations from the past. Poell appears to set his own agenda rather than conform to the standard unveiling of two collections a year for S/S and F/W. In fact his model may work out better as buyers can pick and choose which pieces they want delivered in the time they want.
      His point is very clear, and he's dead right. Poell is a fashion designer working to serve consumers. He clearly has a particular way of dealing with this ("anti" or something similar) but he still has to deal with it. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'd guess that a lot of people get a little excited when they see a new post on the CCp thread.... is it the new collection finally dropping? People get bored of their clothes sooner rather than later. They want something new, something different. It may not have to be dramatically different, but just a new colour or fabric or seaming method will do. Even Mr Poell has this limitation to deal with.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

just a reminder of how great s/s07 footwear was

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

So good! The paper boots/shoes were gorgeous in their bum-chic way.
          Those white boots are sick too....hmmmm...
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Joey, are you allowed to post these?! ;-)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

just a reminder

can someone post A's pictures from s/s07 if they have them? kthx.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

getting yourself all lathered up
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

just call me leather daddy.

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

hard gay tv dinner = fuuuu!

also, I second this request for s/s 07 (and raise you f/w 07) pixxx

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

here are some f/w07 pieces. the two files share some of the same pictarz.
                      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

drexl, looking your way for s/s07 pictarz

Comment

• cro426
                        • Dec 2006

Having trouble opening the files. How do you open them?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

unzip them using winzip.

Comment

• Time & Space
                            • Jan 2008

CCP @Maxfield -- SA's -- Uh I dunno!

I was at Maxfield's today, and picked up a pair of Guidi shoes, and I am always so shocked at how little the SA's know about upcoming collections. If I worked in a record store, I would be really into music, and follow bands etc and become quite knowledgeable. Same goes if I worked in a high end clothing retailer, I would be all over what collections are coming, I asked what they were getting for CCP, RO, etc for Fall!

"Huh, I dunno!"

That said, they had no knowledge of what they were getting from CCP, but they did say it was coming in August/September.. They still have a bunch of CCP boots, and a new line of Guidi shoes for Spring.

Not to much else rocking there...

On the other hand, HNLR, had a great selection of Julius, Doma and they are carrying Saberi in the Fall..

Maxfield's did have this stunning beautiful long leather trench from Carpe Diem that is fucking great, size 6 for $3950 I believe.. So nice, that leather work is great, to bad LA is to hot for such a trench...

BTW: Has anyone really seen the new "fencing" (if one wants to call it that), in person that can give a DETAILED description as no photos are being released????
                            "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• drexl
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                              here are some f/w07 pieces. the two files share some of the same pictarz.

drexl, looking your way for s/s07 pictarz
                              Haven't saved much from SS07 or FW07 I'm sorry to say, I can't even tell what season my pics are from for the most part since everything is unceremoniously dumped into a single folder. But here's what I got that wasn't in the zipped files you upped (some might be fall 06 I think, not sure):

Comment

• cro426
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Time & Space View Post
                                I was at Maxfield's today, and picked up a pair of Guidi shoes, and I am always so shocked at how little the SA's know about upcoming collections. If I worked in a record store, I would be really into music, and follow bands etc and become quite knowledgeable. Same goes if I worked in a high end clothing retailer, I would be all over what collections are coming, I asked what they were getting for CCP, RO, etc for Fall!

"Huh, I dunno!"

That said, they had no knowledge of what they were getting from CCP, but they did say it was coming in August/September.. They still have a bunch of CCP boots, and a new line of Guidi shoes for Spring.

Not to much else rocking there...

On the other hand, HNLR, had a great selection of Julius, Doma and they are carrying Saberi in the Fall..

Maxfield's did have this stunning beautiful long leather trench from Carpe Diem that is fucking great, size 6 for $3950 I believe.. So nice, that leather work is great, to bad LA is to hot for such a trench...

BTW: Has anyone really seen the new "fencing" (if one wants to call it that), in person that can give a DETAILED description as no photos are being released????
                                I have a friend who has worked at Maxfields for almost as long as they have been open. Believe it or not, the buyers don't really go over the buy with the sales people until it comes in. It's just way it is there. I don't agree with it but what can you do!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎