Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

most likely: SAFE = shit always sells.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Oh weh mir
      • Oct 2008

^It is difficult to find fault in your logic, but I believe that is already the definition commonly associated with CCP.

Therefore SAFE must concern a specific subset of the shit that always sells. Perhaps it is the shit that stores must always reorder multiple times until the "x#out of x#produced" has absolutely no meaning whatsoever.
      Originally posted by AVALANCHE
      is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

^carol once said "not everything sells"

owm, you forget certain old fur jackets, and even in the recent collections i've seen for instance very very bad trousers in shiny fabrics that won't sell easily, dipped horse leather jacket is not a hit either...
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

SAFE=Shit Always Fucking Erodes.

At least that's been my experience.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            ^carol once said "not everything sells"

owm, you forget certain old fur jackets, and even in the recent collections i've seen for instance very very bad trousers in shiny fabrics that won't sell easily, dipped horse leather jacket is not a hit either...
            How could I forget! I remember that interview, and sometimes I'm shocked at the things that don't sell, and those that do very well. I actually seem to gravitate more towards the less wearable pieces than those most get such a hard-on for.

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the dipped horse leather jacket? I never heard much about it after the initial buzz died down.

Comment

• seenmy
              • May 2009

That dipped jacket is pretty nice I tried it last time in Paris,In black it dose work and felt good on,but I knew in my heart that the money is better spent on the non dipped version,leave the dips to the sneakers

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
                ^Fuckin' A. You tell it like it is.

As far as SAFE is concerned:

I think it's more to be associated with all CCP leather work and is not just used to mark reoccurring pieces, since it is branded on many items unique to specific collections as well as all instruction booklets.

I could be wrong though.

My assumption is that it means "safe for human consumption", and is sort of like the USDA stamp.
                The irony being that usually it's placed on items that may or may not actually be 'safe'. Sort of humorous, since CCP's is not a large scale production. So it's most likely meant to be taken as a comment on there being no oversight in the fashion industry.
                Hmmm.. what are some of the items unique to a single season that are stamped SAFE?

I always thought it referred to pieces that in some form (perhaps a new material but old cut/shape, for example) are carried over from an earlier season, in other words things that are safe. Whereas completely new designs are not yet "safe".

This is all based on assumption though, I could very well be wrong
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                  That dipped jacket is pretty nice I tried it last time in Paris,In black it dose work and felt good on,but I knew in my heart that the money is better spent on the non dipped version,leave the dips to the sneakers
                  as always with ccp it's one piece one body shape and so on
                  the cut on these horse jackets -dipped or not- is weird
                  for the exosquelette to work you need the proper squelette
                  and it's not enough to have the bones
                  the torso and the upper arms are cut veeeerrryyy big on those i tried

no idea for Safe, i thought it only applied to shoes, but...
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

Maybe Carol had extra soles lying around that were already stamped and decided to use them on later seasons' models? Probably not, since he makes all sorts of items that are all object tanned and object dyed, and I'm sure he doesn't stamp either raw or untreated leather... Isn't it all just footwear that's stamped SAFE though? Are there some certain other items, like jackets that say SAFE, post '07?
                    Originally posted by philip nod
                    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                      • Oct 2008

Lowrey:
                      Items I have with the SAFE branding that are non-repeating:
                      Rubber dipped high trainer -- inside of tongue
                      Circle cut belt -- reverse side, next to buckle.
                      Single jointed side zip -- on sole
                      Taped elastic disperate fingerless gloves -- instruction booklet only.

It could only be accessories, since none of my other leather items are post '07 I can't be sure.

The booklets that accompany the jackets still say safe and it could be that the reason it does not appear on the jackets themselves (or my gloves for that matter) is because they are fully lined.

Someone needs to take one for the team and rip that shit open so we can know for sure.

(myself excluded since it's my idea and I can't do ALL the work)

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Mark one up for the double jointed boots from Disjointed, as well. SAFE.

Maybe it's completely random, like they just flip an object-dyed coin (oi).
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

my razor blade necklace says safe and I heard it was cuz his studio was in a crime ridden area so he used it to protect himself
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• crouka
                            • Jul 2007

basically they call their accessories line SAFE.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                              • Oct 2008

philip nod - I've heard the same. As a gun owner, I can't imagine protecting myself with a razor blade. I don't care how safe it is, SAFE ≠ BTHP. But I admire his courage.

Does it really matter what it means? So long as CCP continues to mark leather goods with SAFE all PTC/PPC garments and accessories are unofficially endorsed by 'Save Animals From Exploitation.' That is all that really matters to me because really, that is fucking hilarious.

Comment

• crouka
                                • Jul 2007

there might still be slight implication of safe against fake if the print comes with leather and silver other than accessories. and also some connection with escape/paranoid obsession.

but mr. simone was telling me that it came from the airplane seat belt which has SAFE engraved on its back. safe's been there since their adoption of its fastening system for their belt.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎