Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Isn't SAFE referring back to how his ideas are safe after his notebook/workbook was stolen and he didn't produce anything but shoes for a whole season?
    Last edited by jcotteri; 07-08-2010, 05:07 AM.
    WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crouka View Post
      basically they call their accessories line SAFE.
      Did the name come out of the season where he based his collection on car safety mechanisms and then just stay with accessories?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I wouldn't be surprised
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Keeping the thread goin.....

The interesting thing is that I've seen many of these pieces on Y! over the years... the translucent derbys, the crucifixion necklace... I just want that piglet bag to show up along with the udder bag!
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

so in chinorlz pic up above, in the top right there is an image of 2 tables. on the lower table, are those the severed legs of two entirely unsafe animals?
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Oh weh mir
              • Oct 2008

^well...
              There was the elastic leather shower cap, the no-head hat, and the udder crown.
              Originally posted by AVALANCHE
              is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

hmmm

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                .and also some connection with escape/paranoid obsession.

Sypnosis from imdb:
                The story is of Carol White (Julianne Moore) and her husband Greg (Xander Berkeley) living with their son in the San Fernando Valley. She is seemingly perfect, but she begins to get strangely sick, reacting to various things in her surroundings and attempts changing her diet and habits. Her doctor cant find anything medically amiss and she consults with a psychiatric physician. She collapses while she is driving her car back home one day and she and a doctor figure out she does a mild allergy. She begins to seek answers to her growing illness but no doctor or psychologist can find the source of her ealing: it may be on her mind, because further tests show that she is not allergic to anything. She does a strong diet, advised by her friend Nell (Mary Carver) However, she starts blaming chemical products in food, cleaning products, clothes, pollutants... She freaks out during a party in honour of another female friend, heavily pregnant.

Investigating further, she finds a retreat called Wrenwood, eventually relocating there, where the other members are treated by a smooth-talker doctor who entreats them to look inside themselves for the cure to their varying illnesses. Meanwhile, all the inmates' clothes are made of cotton, all food and drink is organic and cars are forbidden, as she is shout at the first time she arrives to the place. A marriage who has relocated there because of his health have built themselves a kind of bunker/igloo with controlled air and water. However, he'll die anyway.

Carol discovers that there is a highway nearby the compound, so she asks to be relocated within Wrenwood. Once, when Greg and the child visit her, they have very cold conversations, without any physical contact. It looks like that Carol's illness is a great inconvenience to her family, and no close friends visit her ever.

Carol leaves her family and takes up residence in the isolated igloo where she can confront herself and her inner feelings. The film ends with Carol looking at herself in a mirror, saying "I love you" with a sad barren face

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

^few pages back u will have the answer.

unfortunately they are closing down. :( yet another shuts....

Comment

• Wax
                    • Sep 2009

Does Poell use seamtape to actually "sew" or is he just putting the tape over seams to prevent fraying instead of overlocking?

The few items I have seen in stores have the latter one.
                    Doing otherwise is possible but so far I have only found machines doing this with material that has atleast 5% synthetics.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Wax View Post
                      Does Poell use seamtape to actually "sew" or is he just putting the tape over seams to prevent fraying instead of overlocking?

The few items I have seen in stores have the latter one.
                      Doing otherwise is possible but so far I have only found machines doing this with material that has atleast 5% synthetics.
                      Both.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                        • Oct 2008

Mak key issues has been updated with pieces from 2008 and 2009.
                        Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                        is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Tyro
                          • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

that lead him developing articles with selvedge technique. seriously sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyro View Post
                              however the there is no tape on the tape to stop that fraying
                              i put tape on your tape, so you can prevent fraying while it's preventing fraying.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

eye candies

to keep this thread up where it belongs, some free abstract fetichism...

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎