X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

yea, I think I mentioned somewhere that they are pretty grotesque, but in a rather interesting way.

thats a terrible picture though, and of a pair that doesn't look as good as most. the leather looks almost too rugged and the dipping is kind of fucked up.

AKA's:

mine:

sissyp:
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

HOF subito !

Comment

• seenmy
        • May 2009

a full white would be great,although only seen the cream around would like a white version,I hope my blacks are somewhere in between the 2 examples above

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

there might be colour variation between batches, or the pictures might make them look a bit whiter. they were made in grey though, but its notably darker, sort of a khaki grey.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• seenmy
            • May 2009

also comes with a different colour sole dip though right?i have seen a grey with a green dip in various shades, and also a very dark green/grey dip with white ish dip

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

i doesn't feel poellike to do white white, right? probably the photos, but maybe he'll surprise us.

anyway, all pictures of them have turned me, hated them at first and went for the augusta sneakers. but these have really grown on me.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                also comes with a different colour sole dip though right?i have seen a grey with a green dip in various shades, and also a very dark green/grey dip with white ish dip
                yea the rubber colour seems to vary a bit as well. on some black ones the rubber has looked like very dark greyish blue, on others its dead black. I guess they are hand made in small runs, there will some differences in the rubber mixtures or something.

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                anyway, all pictures of them have turned me, hated them at first and went for the augusta sneakers. but these have really grown on me.
                it was the same for me, I didn't care for them at all first, but after staring at the pics for a long time, I started to like them a lot.

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                  hated them at first and went for the augusta sneakers. but these have really grown on me.

This is exactly the same situation I am in. I hated them, went for the augustas, but every time I look at these I see I fall a little bit more in love.
                  I wonder how they will look after a year or two of good wear.
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• fenrost
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2009

hmm. i think, just like the derbies and boots, there may have 2 known shapes of the sneakers, one rounder toe and another sharper.

they come in numerous colours - white, gray, gray green, black, black green, red etc etc.

and in two leathers i think.... - horse leather and kangaroo leather, which also give slightly different shapes to the sneakers.

also the colour of kangaroo leather seems to be always off.

horse vs kangaroo in the rounder toe.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                    I wonder how they will look after a year or two of good wear.
                    one of my mate discovered beneath the rubberdips are the sole he used in the boots/footwears, that has the arc/bridges

Last edited by fenrost; 09-20-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

can someone please provide a picture of the bottom of the dipped sneakers after some wear?
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• seenmy
                        • May 2009

there are for sure variations on the sneakers,my friens have the squarer toe detail where mine have the pointer,although both are kangaroo leather (which goes crazy soft after wear) mine are getting quite worn down now i think through to leather on one heel,not really sure how i will address looking after them when the time comes,I wonder about a re dip?

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                          • Oct 2009

Greyish green leather with greenish rubber / GROIL

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                            I wonder about a re dip?
                            i met a dude who happened to worked on some of the 09 collection last year. asked the same question, he did say it may be possible, but asked me to shoot an email to sergio.

Comment

• mononon
                              • Sep 2009

thanks for the info seenmy

the bottoms don't look like they can handle much wear in my opinion, but then again, i haven't owned or worn a pair...
                              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• todestrieb
                                • Mar 2009

Steady there, lads, steady... Mind yr manners, yeh?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎