• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
    the bottoms don't look like they can handle much wear in my opinion, but then again, i haven't owned or worn a pair...
    they don't, actually. the drips will snap, and even out after many wear.

at the beginning they can be quite challenging to wear - in the mind it;s like transported to a virtual jungle-trekking.

i wont recommended them to ppl with weak feets tho..

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
      they don't, actually. the drips will snap, and even out after many wear.

at the beginning they can be quite challenging to wear - in the mind it;s like transported to a virtual jungle-trekking.

I have worn my pair quite a lot and even though most of the drips have snapped the sole seems to be going really strong still.
      Will take a lot more wear to finally get to the leather sole underneath.

Btw the GROIL ones are comfy as fuck, really no breaking in time.
      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I've used mine maybe 4-5 full days and so far I've worn through the drips, rest of the sole is still black. not quite as far as these:

whats interesting though is that the rubber is not all black, at least in the sole. I assume they were first dipped in some off-white rubber and then in the coloured stuff?

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
        unless you have some major issues, I don't think its a problem. my feet are a bit crooked (over pronation), and I have no problem walking with these. the dip rubber is softer than a typical rubber sole on a sneaker, so its decent to walk in despite being uneven. and it will of course even out over time.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• fenrost
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

they are the natural colour of the rubber, dipped, solidify, and then object dyed altogether.

they are potentially hazardous, due to the unevenness. well that's just my immediate thought of randomness after given a pamplet "A Guide To Buy The Right Running Shoes" at the mall today. : \

Comment

• Ivans On High
            Banned
            • Oct 2008

Does the dye from the rubber transfer onto other objects, say light colored carpet, more readily than than it transfers from his leather items?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

from the rubber, doesn't seem so. however the waxed laces make your fingers a bit black.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                waxed laces make your fingers a bit black.
                ..same with the derbies.....and the black soles leave marks all over my tiled floor......drives my wife mad
                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

probably just the off white in different lighting conditions...i don't see how a "white" pair can possibly fit in. the cream color is the best of this shoe.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

deleted some posts. this used to be an intelligent thread, now it's turning into a fetish thread.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coup de grace
                      x
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      deleted some posts. this used to be an intelligent thread, now it's turning into a fetish thread.
                      because certainly no one fetishizes ccp, the appeal is strictly objective

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        or maybe it is even turning into the "rick owens trainers" thread...?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

OH CAROL
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcN48zx5wTE i think this one is better

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

what is this XXX thing? seriously what is that? why are people doing that?
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

images of the 08 video were posted on SZ, and whoever made the video asked for them to be removed, because apparently he is ashamed of his work. thus begun the Crack Censorship Program.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎