• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
    1-of-1?
    I would hope "of 2"
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Nikov
      • Nov 2008

you never know with Carol

Comment

• trentk
        • Oct 2010

Something about the distorted, deranged elegance of egon schielle's work reminds me of ccp. does poell acknowledge schiele as an influence?

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Pumpfish
          • Sep 2010

Jesus, it's Mr Moustache !
          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Trentk, yes, he does.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
              • Sep 2009

Is there particular documentation around where CCP speaks about Schiele? I'd like to read that.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I think it's more of a word-of-mouth common knowledge, although there maybe something at www.mak.at
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                  • Oct 2008

Yes^ I am almost positive that in the publications section there is an article from around 2004(?) that shows one of his designs sketches bearing a striking resemblance to Egon's figures both in style and proportion. I believe that the sketch has also been posted either here or on tfs but am uncertain.
                  Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                  is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

I think I found the sketch, on page 3.
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

The comparison (and the sketch) is well-known indeed, but i don't think there is a single declaration from Poell or a reported explicit statement that Schiele and the whole viennese group are an influence for his work. Beyond the mere formal resemblance, to be able to draw a legitimate comparison, you have to ask yourself: what are the ideas and feelings conveyed by Schiele's work and by Poell's work? Do they share anything in common? What?

I would be very interested to read what people here have to say on this actually...
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• crouka
                        • Jul 2007

the article with the image of the sketch is what I scanned for mak.
                        and there is nothing that mentions a name of schiele there.
                        though long ago I said something about schiele, using that sketch, it's just an atbirary interpretation and is not anything official, just to make it clear.
                        also as far as I know, schiele has not ever been mentioned in connection with ccp in any official way.
                        when he was asked about any influence of art on him, he didn't answer by reason of its being personal.
                        ( instead, about fashion, answered he found the 60's the most impressive )

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                          the article with the image of the sketch is what I scanned for mak.
                          and there is nothing that mentions a name of schiele there.
                          though long ago I said something about schiele, using that sketch, it's just an atbirary interpretation and is not anything official, just to make it clear.
                          also as far as I know, schiele has not ever been mentioned in connection with ccp in any official way.
                          when he was asked about any influence of art on him, he didn't answer by reason of its being personal.
                          ( instead, about fashion, answered he found the 60's the most impressive )
                          the reference to actionism is the only one, i think, that we can take as explicit and almost 'official' given the presentations etc.

but why 'arbitrary' interpretation? it might be motivated, even if it is not taken from an official declaration of the man, don't you think?
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
                            That is awesome^^^ Almost looks like a health condition. CCP-disease... get Albert on it, stat!

1-of-1?
                            Haha! Lemme know your nearest CVS and I'll phone in an ointment for that!

Carol's work is definitely one of the very very few things out there where the wearer may be annoyed by things such as dye transfer onto brighter clothing/hands/body but will just adapt by wearing darker clothing or was their hands more after wearing. I love it!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

on a different note, watched Rape of Europa this weekend and was intrigued to find out that Schiele entered Akademie der Bildenden Künste in Vienna in 1906. The same institution that one year later rejected a young Hitler (and then again in 1908).
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

I feel another Carol Nazi comparison coming on... here we go again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎