Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

6am half-asleep slightly drunk thoughts on CCP: As a "designer for ghosts" (creating clothes with lives of their own, structured as as to appear alive even without a wearer) is CCP addressing creating garments as a means of creating new feelings not yet captured in language?

"Clothing is a means of self-expression for people, it is an idiom; I give them some words!" - CCP

Not just giving words (garments) for existing feelings, but challenging people to find the (possibly new) feelings for garments? (There's a quote by nick land on electronic dance music that illustrates what I'm trying to say, but I can't find it at the moment...)
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• hallucination
      • Jan 2011

Well, whatever it is, it's artificial feelings.

Comment

• fashiondisaster
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Christian View Post
        .... But, really, who cares ? This creator fetishism (what does the designer do ? What does the designer say ?) is a bit boring... Aesthetic principles, shown in and by the work, are more important, and interesting, than any subjective/psychological/biographical motivations.
        If we talk ONLY about the product ... the only thing really interesting, there remain some accessories ..
        Everything else is just jackets and/or pants that have a very classic and normal aesthetic..
        I also think that the subjective/psychological/biographical motivations are closely connected whit aesthetic principles /work of each creator
        FD
        SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
          Everything else is just jackets and/or pants that have a very classic and normal aesthetic...
          I never thought that one day I would post on this thread, but here we are : you don't have to spend much time with a CCP jacket to understand that there's more to it that there is to your usual slim-fitting one button blazer. Fit, fabric, finishing : there's definitely something off to it, something that somewhat make you feel like the foreign body.
          And no, it is not about sizing, nor about the garment being poorly designed. It is obviously intentional.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

With the flash on, this looks as if its made of frost. (Or chainmail, of course.)

If I'm not mistaken, there's a new outerwear material as well.

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• hallucination
              • Jan 2011

Awesome buy at Ink http://ink-hk.com/cn/

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

first off lol @ the above link and secondly; carol has to be having a laugh. eight and a half thousand dollars for a coat? i can't decipher the fabric code, so it may have been spun by rumpelstiltskin.

Comment

• hallucination
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                  first off lol @ the above link and secondly; carol has to be having a laugh. eight and a half thousand dollars for a coat? i can't decipher the fabric code, so it may have been spun by rumpelstiltskin.
                  Apologies, my bad, a quick glance and there was not difference between the websites

Comment

• Umami
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                    the coat is the crystal one that's why so expensive

Comment

• Umami
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK
                      ^You say it with a naturalness that disturbs even more than the price tag. Most people outside of this forum would think the price must be wrong or when they believe it, laugh hysterically or faint. Carol can be assured that it will sell of course. Check the site for the sold out banner over the photo soon.
                      OMG already sold out. the buying power of Chinese is really huge.

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

drrrk, that's why i stay out of this thread most of the time. carol is an interesting dude, but the price of worship is high, so i'll stay a heathen.

Comment

• copacetic
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Umami View Post
                          OMG already sold out. the buying power of Chinese is really huge.
                          you knucklehead. it's not sold out yet.

while on this topic: the buyer at ink deserves a pat on the back for stocking these adventurous pieces.
                          And "When the prince has gathered about him
                          "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

YAWN.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

haha, you've been waiting for the right moment to post that
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Yep. Now I am going to post it every time prices get brought up.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎