• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    It's the horse that fucked Rick Owens. Very special.
    are you jealous, did this horse get away from your warm embrace?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Schleudersitz View Post
      Faust, maybe this is stating the obvious but there is clear, pronounced dislike on your part towards CCP and the sense of enthusiasm this board has embraced him with. Others designers treated here similarly have gotten years worth of praise from you in interviews, articles, photographs of yourself wearing their work and use of their clothes in styling. Poell and a few others are at best omitted, sometimes described as irrelevant to culture and fashion, even when a very significant number of us are into their work and enjoy discussing it here.

For over 500 pages now.

If this isn't too personal of a question to ask, what is your argument against Poell and the following he enjoys on stylezeitgeist? That he has not produced anything new in the past five years notwithstanding.
      Haha, no, you are reading too much into this. I was just having fun. :) I respect Poell's work a lot. And yes, croaton nailed it. But I wasn't hostile, just though it's funny.

My only dislike of Poell is that the asshole has not acknowledged the role SZ has played in his successes. I mean, we made the motherfucker. There is no doubt about that. But that's just my ego speaking.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• croatoan
        • Jul 2007

Haha, no, you are reading too much into this. I was just having fun. :) I respect Poell's work a lot. And yes, croaton nailed it. But I wasn't hostile, just though it's funny.
        Should have said playful hostility. Didn't seem at all seriously aggressive to me. People here do at times have a tendency to read far too deeply into things..!

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

When E is being hostile it's much more eloquent.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by byhand View Post
            The consumer's obsession with a designer's codes is evidence of OCD.
            fixed. all designers from the loftiest to the most banal utilize codes that are analogous to carol's. this is standard practice.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• justin_bridou
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by byhand View Post
              The thing with Poell is that he has no dialog with the fashion industry. He's not capitalizing on trends nor participating in the seasonal pony shows. He doesn't use photos of celebrities wearing his clothes as advertisements. He appears to revile fashion.
              And he should be celebrated for it (all the blablabla about SZ ethos) ! I mean, I totally dislike his stuff (Drips are the more ridiculous shoes i've ever seen) but he is a good taylor, and does not seem motivated by profit, like Owens or Saberi

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justin_bridou View Post
                And he should be celebrated for it (all the blablabla about SZ ethos) ! I mean, I totally dislike his stuff (Drips are the more ridiculous shoes i've ever seen) but he is a good taylor, and does not seem motivated by profit, like Owens or Saberi
                Wait, what?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GucciAmen
                  • Sep 2014

Wait, what?
                  x2, leathers that can quickly reach 8k at retail seem to serve a higher purpose than just meeting the expenses... Not to say that he doesn't deserve some extra scratch for his artisanal workmanship/artistic vision but, it gets excessive at such a price tag.

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Well $8K is at the absolute high end and he's splitting a large amount with shops. I've inquired about more than a few special orders that were denied because production cost was too high. He definitely isn't hurting though. All designers want that paper. Cash Ruins Everything Around Me.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                      Well $8K is at the absolute high end and he's splitting a large amount with shops. I've inquired about more than a few special orders that were denied because production cost was too high. He definitely isn't hurting though. All designers want that paper. Cash Ruins Everything Around Me.
                      Sorry, my mistake, I should have stated that reaching up to $8k for a leather jacket is when profits begin to be an integral part of such opulent pricing . But, his jackets at such a price point typically include titanium inserts, which are not cheap... So that does add into costs. I guess production costs being too comparatively high for some pieces was due to how limited his production was for some of the special orders you attempted to put through? So he is still trying to keep the books in order, can't blame him for that, even for CCP, his labour of love still is a business! Do you have an idea how much shops get out of the sale of his pieces?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                        At first I thought you were spelling out CAROL

Comment

• noirgt
                          • Oct 2012

GucciAmen
                          store mark up for carol is same/similar to other brands, no myth here. CCP is still a business. To be honest I never believe the shit like there's designer who is not profit oriented...

Comment

• byhand
                            • Dec 2011

He's not motivated by money because he doesn't need it (family money). This is one reason that he can do what he does without giving a shit about adhering to the norms of how other folks operate within the fashion industry. He's going to have food in the fridge and nice sheets on the bed no matter what happens to his business.

Wholesale buyers have budgets seasonally. A designer wanting to make as much cash as possible will create a line each season and scramble to get the buyers to devote a hefty chunk of their seasonal budgets to his products. Having not produced a new line in years (I've stopped counting), Mr. Poell obviously is not on the build-the-biggest-pile-of-cash track.
                            Last edited by byhand; 02-23-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Jesus, give that shit a rest.

Comment

• p2h
                                • Jan 2014

I was taking a look in my "Poell's file" on computer and found this pic, I'm pretty sure it's him. If someone could confirm...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎