X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoisyArmchair
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
    You are so mean faust. I am merely curious, having only discovered this side of fashion recently. I apologize if my post has offended your sensibilities in any way.
    nice.

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
      You are so mean faust. I am merely curious, having only discovered this side of fashion recently. I apologize if my post has offended your sensibilities in any way.

Take it easy on the new kid will you? :p
      There's curious and then there's unwillingness to put in the effort to do the research and generate your own opinion. When I found this place I slowly fell in love with the CCP leather jackets. But for the most part I kept my mouth shut and didn't ask someone to help me decide what I should buy. The process I took to answer the same questions you are asking went as follows: I did some preliminary picture looking and figured out that I wanted one from the 2010 then went back to posts starting in late 2009 and read onward, as this was the most likely point in time when there would be a lot of discussion about the upcoming collection and the jackets of interest. That's about a week of research, not that imposing and certainly not like trying to decipher a Thomas Pynchon novel or figure out how to synthesize the marine alkaloid Palau'amine. Asking for the "Cole's Notes" on any designer here defeats the purpose of this place from my perspective. Taking the time to read through an entire "designer's and their work" thread like CCP or Rick Owens takes time, but when I took the time, it deepened my understanding, appreciation and knowledge of their work as well as made me value all the contributions of those that posted here before me.

Comment

• eloquent
        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
        There's curious and then there's unwillingness to put in the effort to do the research and generate your own opinion. When I found this place I slowly fell in love with the CCP leather jackets. But for the most part I kept my mouth shut and didn't ask someone to help me decide what I should buy. The process I took to answer the same questions you are asking went as follows: I did some preliminary picture looking and figured out that I wanted one from the 2010 then went back to posts starting in late 2009 and read onward, as this was the most likely point in time when there would be a lot of discussion about the upcoming collection and the jackets of interest. That's about a week of research, not that imposing and certainly not like trying to decipher a Thomas Pynchon novel or figure out how to synthesize the marine alkaloid Palau'amine. Asking for the "Cole's Notes" on any designer here defeats the purpose of this place from my perspective. Taking the time to read through an entire "designer's and their work" thread like CCP or Rick Owens takes time, but when I took the time, it deepened my understanding, appreciation and knowledge of their work as well as made me value all the contributions of those that posted here before me.
        You are right. This is not deciphering Pynchon, or the way in which to synthesize marine alkoloids— Just a question I sincerely wanted an answer to.

I will do my own reading. And soon, will join the wisdom of you dark lords.

Comment

• Kuat
          • Nov 2012

Guys, i've never owned a piece of CCP leather yet.

If i'm a true size 50 (and like to wear jackets a little bit loose, not super tight), which CCP size should I look for in LM/2599 jacket?

Thanks.
          Last edited by Kuat; 12-01-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

1) Wrong thread boss, try sizing help.
            2) Between the blue BBS, the mall cop survivalist gear, and now this, I don't really understand what your aesthetic criteria AT ALL :P
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Kuat
              • Nov 2012

Going for completely different looking outfits. When everything is the same style it gets boring. (blue sneakers + belt were meant to go with the same color BBS jacket). Thanks for the sub-forum suggestion.

BTW, can anyone tell if it's the same jacket in these three photos? Because the sleeve length is visibly different. Or is it the hem length that is different? Photos 3 fit looks much better IMO. Maybe there had been a design change sometime along the way?

Photo 1 and Photo 2 vs. Photo 3

Photo 2 full source
              Photo 3 full source
              Last edited by Kuat; 12-03-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• tapchung
                • Oct 2013

^
                Well all 3 are the same model/cut (the LM/2498 scarstitch leather jacket). However i believe the first two are in CORS-PTC leather (horse) and the last one is in BIAS-PTC(bison leather) and one thing to keep in mind is that sizing in scarstitch specifically and carol's leather jackets in general is that it can vary depending on the batch being produced and the leather used.

Comment

• neostrifeX
                  • Jun 2013

The first photo from Darklands is actually ROOMS-PTC and not CORS-PTC. You can tell from the extra seam at the elbow which is due to the kangaroo leather's size (information via Matteo of PNP). Otherwise tapchung is right. If anything it could be the model being used; one could be taller, have longer arms, etc.

Comment

• Kuat
                    • Nov 2012

Ok, thanks for the info guys. But Photo 3 is the best fit i've seen.

Comment

• julian_doe
                      • Mar 2013

Before I ask this question, I want to mention that I promise I checked the whole forum for an answer.

I obtained a CORAWO/10 lined-unlined suit earlier this year (special order), and as expected it has some color inconsistencies. What kind of dying process does this fabric undergo? It isn't garment-dyed, because the inner tag and the lining are not stained with dye. I am just curious if anyone else knows.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

The fabric was most likely dyed in a pot or vat that was too small for the amount of fabric being dyed, thus creating inconsistencies.
                        Sections of the fabric will float/bubble above top if uncovered, and sections being too close to each other (how shibori dying is done) will help cause this, as well as not stirring enough if the fabric is not in a proper vat.
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                          The fabric was most likely dyed in a pot or vat that was too small for the amount of fabric being dyed, thus creating inconsistencies.
                          Sections of the fabric will float/bubble above top if uncovered, and sections being too close to each other (how shibori dying is done) will help cause this, as well as not stirring enough if the fabric is not in a proper vat.
                          Dye master..........LOL
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                            Before I ask this question, I want to mention that I promise I checked the whole forum for an answer.

I obtained a CORAWO/10 lined-unlined suit earlier this year (special order), and as expected it has some color inconsistencies. What kind of dying process does this fabric undergo? It isn't garment-dyed, because the inner tag and the lining are not stained with dye. I am just curious if anyone else knows.

Thanks in advance!
                            It has RAMIE..
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• julian_doe
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                              Thank you, Ahimsa!

This makes perfect sense, as some of these look like the result of the fabric being folded, and I was told that a last bit of the batch of CORAWO was used to make my suit. I don't mind these, to be honest, the suit is my favorite piece.

I don't know much about the dying process for these fabrics, what influence does Ramie have, Magic?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                Dye master..........LOL
                                Couldn't dye something myself to save my life though...hahahah
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎