X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tangerine
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
    ^ the LP designation is for distressed sheep skin, LR is the regular smooth leather.

the code for harnett's RO jacket is RU2770 LR.
    So, then, the code for this jacket

would be RU 2770 LP?
    the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

bingo

Comment

• tangerine
        • Dec 2006

thank you dji

I was really tempted to buy your julius x gordini jacket... but was afraid it would be too small... beautiful jacket. Glad you were able to sell it.
        the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

thanks man. I would have loved to keep it but I can't afford to right now. it was rather small, definitely suitable for a size 44.

a word of warning on RO sizing, you need to be 100% on the measurements before pulling the trigger. best bet is to try it on first, RO's sizing is a bit everywhere.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by tangerine View Post
            So, then, the code for this jacket

would be RU 2770 LP?
            sweet now ever noobie in the joint will be wearing one
            yeah i tried this on in tokyo in xs and it was larger than the s i bought here.
            this one feels like your armpits are being sliced open, but i hear leather gives a little once you wear it
            the leather texture and quality varies a lot from jacket to jacket, you should really inspect it closely. i think i've tried on 5 of these w many albeit subtle variations.
            the RO store has the smooth variey in white, although there appears to be a zipper defect on the white as a couple sizes were fucked up.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

tangerine is no n00b - he's just been in stealth mode for a few years.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                tangerine is no n00b - he's just been in stealth mode for a few years.
                I think Pnod was talking about how posting the item's code was a gift for the lurkers who would flood the Paris store with requests. With Rick's new pricing I doubt that'll happen but you never know.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• tangerine
                  • Dec 2006

Oops... didn't mean to blow up the spot!

Thanks for the info, dji and p nod, and for the backup, Faust.

Comment

• Real Real
                    • Feb 2007

So, come get a late pass, yeah, but, I went to the RO store in NYC, and I now want one of the high-necked leather jackets (with the wool lining the neck, the four diagonal pockets, and the back pocket).

Will the jacket stretch? I'm a little bit worried about it looking too tight...the size the SA recommended (large) looked good to me in the body and the shoulders, but it felt tight under the armpits, and I wonder whether it'll look tight to me once I take it out of the store.

Also, any recommendation on what will be the best leather choice would be long-term? Calf, washed calf, blistered lamb? I think I like the look of the dark brown washed calf best, but they don't have it in the NYC store.

Also, good christ are the jackets expensive...I was expecting ~$2700, not $3300.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                      So, come get a late pass, yeah, but, I went to the RO store in NYC, and I now want one of the high-necked leather jackets (with the wool lining the neck, the four diagonal pockets, and the back pocket).

Will the jacket stretch? I'm a little bit worried about it looking too tight...the size the SA recommended (large) looked good to me in the body and the shoulders, but it felt tight under the armpits, and I wonder whether it'll look tight to me once I take it out of the store.

Also, any recommendation on what will be the best leather choice would be long-term? Calf, washed calf, blistered lamb? I think I like the look of the dark brown washed calf best, but they don't have it in the NYC store.

Also, good christ are the jackets expensive...I was expecting ~$2700, not $3300.
                      i'm not sure if he did a calf. TK-421, the one i got, is a textured washed lamb (posted above). i obviously think thats the best, and i wore it out for the first time, see waywt and i got a number of so so looking girls fawning over the thing. it performed superbly in the hot stuffy beatrice atmostphere as well as in the 58 degree weather w just a MA+ l/s tee underneath. its just amazingly cool and comfortable. don't worry about the tight armpit, i'm relieved to tell you. i drove myself crazy over that one, and is so often the case, once you leave the mirror, and head out the door onto the street, and your body goes in motion, your insecurities wash away and you are a happy little lamb.
                      Last edited by philip nod; 09-20-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                        don't worry about the tight armpit, i'm relieved to tell you. i drove myself crazy over that one, and is so often the case, once you leave the mirror, and head out the door onto the street, and your body goes in motion, your insecurities wash away and you are a happy little lamb.
                        great description
                        WTB: This

Comment

• Real Real
                          • Feb 2007

Thanks for the suggestions.

They have two jackets in the RO store that fit me - unwashed, and the blistered.

I like the look of the washed one best. The blistered one is probably too intense for me. This is the unwashed one:

I am going to try to give the RO paris store a call and see if they have the dark brown washed one in a large.

(sorry for the redundancy of the initial post - first time I've drunkposted on sz)

Comment

• Real Real
                            • Feb 2007

All of the high-neck jackets were about $3300.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Comment

• reborn
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                Excellent. Cordovan leather!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎