X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    let's put it this way: they weren't afraid to ask $4000 for those ridiculous men's ostrich ankle boots. i seriously thought they were joking when they told me. a comparable boot from dries retailed for $1400.
    jesus christ.

thanks, aka, I feel very serene now, as Faust would say...
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
      i saw these at the RO store over the weekend and now i can't stop thinking about them.

I like the shape and material but hate the seams. Can't they use people who know how to work with exotics at this damn price!! arrrghgghghg sometimes designers piss me off.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

jesus christ.

thanks, aka, I feel very serene now, as Faust would say...
        Dries is more your cup of tea anyway, isn't RO to drag-queenish campy for your taste?

Apparently I'm not into a purchasing mood...

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
          Dries is more your cup of tea anyway, isn't RO to drag-queenish campy for your taste?

Apparently I'm not into a purchasing mood...
          It's exactly the drag queenish thing that I like about RO, actually...my uhm, objection to him is of a different nature....

Anyway, I just love sculptural shoes.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

The shape is great. I'm just not sure about the seam, seems like a disregard for the great tradition of fine shoemaking. This would be good if it brought something interesting but it just feels like a cost-cutting cop-out.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

The shape is great. I'm just not sure about the seam, seems like a disregard for the great tradition of fine shoemaking. This would be good if it brought something interesting but it just feels like a cost-cutting cop-out.
              agreed... you can see that the two sides are crafted from stitched together snakeskins so each panel isn't even a single unbroken "hide" as it were... so that middle seam is most definitely a costcutting cop out hehehe

I did get to handle the superluxe fur pieces at the NY flagship last week though and was blown away with the materials. The $10k mink jacket with ostrich sleeves was superlovely but souldraining in price. I did learn a lot about construction though from examining the interior hehehe
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Raw Edge
                • Jan 2008

ss09

any opinions on what the standouts are for RO ss09?
                Personally I think its overall pretty weak, and I haven't liked the footwear from what I've seen. Other than t-shirts etc, anyone handled/like anything or is this season mainly a bust?
                Closest I've seen are the very busy asymetric jacket and the similar asymetric leather.
                The drop crotch pants/jeans always looked kind of silly to me, but I've never put them on, so maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

I actually have a few items I'm looking forward to.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

as long as sweatpants go I kinda like the ones above.

I'll be getting my first ss09 buy tomorrow from antonioli. nothing fancy, just a banded tank, but I really need one, hah.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Dude, those extra long, baggy boots with the zipper pocket are legit! I'll be trying to score some of those, well, if they're not above 2G's which they probably will be.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                        as long as sweatpants go I kinda like the ones above.

I'll be getting my first ss09 buy tomorrow from antonioli. nothing fancy, just a banded tank, but I really need one, hah.
                        I'd be interested if they were wool "dress" pants. The shape is nice but sweatpants are a no go.

Comment

• darker shades
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                          Dude, those extra long, baggy boots with the zipper pocket are legit! I'll be trying to score some of those, well, if they're not above 2G's which they probably will be.
                          Second that thought!

They'll go well with my drkshdw shorts. Have they been released yet?

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

i saw these at the RO store over the weekend and now i can't stop thinking about them.

I like the shape and material but hate the seams. Can't they use people who know how to work with exotics at this damn price!! arrrghgghghg sometimes designers piss me off.
                            i actually really like the seam... it really adds a bit more structure, and breaks up the shape. they look more sleek but retain the right amount of chunkiness.

for comparison

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Eternal-It's the knee high ones featured in most of the lookbook shots.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Just got my package from antonioli, first of all, it was delivered in a rather big box and the tank was packed inside of a shoulderbag, what does one of those cost to ship out with every order? Hah.

Other thing is that I ordered a pearl tank, but got one in bleach! they don't even have bleach on their site, but I really like this new color, even more then the pearl so all good.

And size seems to be true this season, atleast in this banded tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎