Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

wonder how many people on here are storing sandwiches in their $3K leather jackets

Comment

• XSKY
      • Jun 2008

i like the bit on color being a bit too chatterboxey... never really thought of i that way
      Originally posted by Faust
      snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• cuddly
        • Sep 2007

i put a subway footlong in the back of mine. jk

have to disagree with rick on the man purse, cant go out withought some kind of bag to put all my stuff in

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

well he has made tote and duffle bags etc, so I guess he is referring to a certain type of bag/purse.. or maybe thats the way he feels about bags in general at the moment
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• CommieRabbit
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
            ^slow burn is always better, why is everyone in such a rush?
            That reminds me, Slo-Burn always make me think of Rick Owens.

Rules of Rick stuff
            It's interesting how Rick puts heavy emphasis on making his clothes as casual and easy-going as possible, effectively making his clothes literally and figuratively free of restraint... yet he's totally down with layering as much as possible where it easily borders into the superfluous, while strangely shunning other equally "fussy" wardrobe elements.

Don't get me wrong though, it's mostly an observation. He definitely comes through with what he preaches, and manages to make the mentioned superfluous as completely organic, seamless and totally uncontrived. Although it's cringe-worthy when some people take his careless signature style almost militantly and end up as leather jacket + tanktop(s) by-the-book clones.

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rocknrollnigger View Post
              6.There's something a little too chatterboxy about color. Right now I want black, for its sharpness and punctuation.
              Being a huge fan of color I agree and disagree with this. If color is done right then it speaks more of character than being chatterboxy which is how mostly cheap clothing comes off.

Funny the irony commie pointed out with the fussiness and layering.

Comment

• justine
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Ricky
                No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.
                Always thought the same thing.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by justine View Post
                  Always thought the same thing.
                  me too but buying clothes is soooo much easier.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                    • Feb 2008

Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.
                    this doesn't really mesh with the models he uses. lol

Comment

• XSKY
                      • Jun 2008

anyone seen the rick hi's that are all black snack skin?

I was in maxfields the other day and they had one pair...They seem to be way way beefier and even more durable than the regular sneaks.... the sole was thicker and the overall asthetic was even more boot-like than the normal ones... They were the first pair i actually thought could warrant the price tag. Is he making all his sneaks more beefy???

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

XSKY- I tried those on last weekend and the build looked exactly the same to me. They were a fucking pain to put on though, the leather does not give what-so-ever! I didn't even look at the price though as I figured they were going to be outrageous. They are very cool sneaks.
                        Oh and they are a combination of snakeskin and calf leather. (I laughed when the sales lady called them eel....lulz)
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• jordache jeans
                          • Aug 2008

I have to agree with Rick concerning man bags. As a recovering lifelong bag carrier, I have recently made an effort to avoid using them unless absolutely necessary (or for work).

Everywhere you go now, you see hordes of men carrying their bags like purses - what is so important inside that they can't function without it? Its fussy, unnecessary, and unmasculine.

A man should be able to survive a night out in the city on his wits alone.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I find carrying a bag around to be convenient, especially for work. But when I go out at night I never carry one with me, it's too much to worry about. I don't wanna worry about where my bag is while at the bar...
                            :D
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jordache jeans View Post
                              I have to agree with Rick concerning man bags. As a recovering lifelong bag carrier, I have recently made an effort to avoid using them unless absolutely necessary (or for work).

Everywhere you go now, you see hordes of men carrying their bags like purses - what is so important inside that they can't function without it? Its fussy, unnecessary, and unmasculine.

A man should be able to survive a night out in the city on his wits alone.
                              I have never required one, not sure what men carry that warrants one?

Comment

• XSKY
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                                XSKY- I tried those on last weekend and the build looked exactly the same to me. They were a fucking pain to put on though, the leather does not give what-so-ever! I didn't even look at the price though as I figured they were going to be outrageous. They are very cool sneaks.
                                Oh and they are a combination of snakeskin and calf leather. (I laughed when the sales lady called them eel....lulz)
                                haha...eel? ye they seemed rigid as can be, but looked like if to be worn in they would be so sick looking...

must have just been me, but they semed so gnarly!!

ye the sales lady said 1800...bejezz rick

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍