Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martin
    • Jul 2008

I dont know if this have been mentioned, but have anyone seen the movie "Otto; or, Up with dead people"?

Its by Bruce LaBruce. Rick Owens has done all the costumes. Saw it yeasterday and there are some pretty nice clothing. The movie itself is sick and i dont mean that in a good way.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Plot keywords: Gay Orgy | Gothic | Boyfriend Boyfriend Relationship | Self Immolation | Child Abuse
      lmao
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kbi
        • Feb 2009

if this movie isn't trash I don't know what is

Comment

• rorschach
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kbi View Post
          if this movie isn't trash I don't know what is
          come on.. it's a gay zombie horror comedy film by bruce labruce. you don't you have a sense of humor? gay zombies not your cup of tea?

i think it looks totally fucking hilarious. john waters would be proud.

Comment

• diamonds
            • Dec 2006

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by martin View Post
              I dont know if this have been mentioned, but have anyone seen the movie "Otto; or, Up with dead people"?

Its by Bruce LaBruce. Rick Owens has done all the costumes. Saw it yeasterday and there are some pretty nice clothing. The movie itself is sick and i dont mean that in a good way.
              does rick actually get credit for costume design or do they just use his clothes? one fashion/film collaboration that i always liked even though it's not really up to sz standards and it features vincent gallo is agnes b.'s costumes for trouble every day.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• tangerine
                • Dec 2006

You had me at "self-immolation."
                the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• diamonds
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  does rick actually get credit for costume design or do they just use his clothes? one fashion/film collaboration that i always liked even though it's not really up to sz standards and it features vincent gallo is agnes b.'s costumes for trouble every day.
                  on their website they credit him. i just checked

Comment

• rorschach
                    • Sep 2008

from the Bruce Labruce interview in Interview magazine:

BL: I really wanted him to be an Emo kid. I was looking at a lot of Charles Addams, Edward Gorey, and Aubrey Beardsley. It's this cartoon aspect of gothic style and these stylish characters who are fixated on death and morbid things. I purposely made him really fashion forward with Rick Owens.

AS: He was the best-dressed zombie I've ever seen. Did you know Rick Owens before this or how did you get to work together?

BL: When I made Hustler White in the mid 90s, I collaborated with Rick Castro. He and Rick Owens knew each other for a long, long time. So I had heard of Rick Owens, but my friend Kembra Pfahler ended up hooking me up with Rick in LA.

AS: The clothes really stood out. They're just gorgeous. Was it a long process to collaborate with Owens?

BL: He basically styled the movie with his own designs. He didn't create new stuff. He went through his back catalogue and gave us a lot of the clothes. And then Kembra generously introduced me and connected me with Coco Rosie and Antony. When Otto eats the rabbit, that's a Coco Rosie song playing.

Intimate conversations between the world's most creative people in the magazine founded in 1969 by artist Andy Warhol.

Kembra Pfahler is the front woman of the 'Voluptuous Horror Of Karen Black'. That name brings back memories..

Comment

• homi
                      • Nov 2007

this beanie is coming out f/w under drkshdw right?

has it come out in the past? looks terrific, i hope it fits oversized and slouchy like that..

a group pic of the drkshdw x eastpak stuff i think its been posted here before but perhaps the images werent as detailed as this

from what i can see the duffle looks okay (in tan), though it all depends on material/quality/price... the branding is still obnoxious though
                      THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                      Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

nice group pic of the bags homi

i'd be interested in the duffle and maybe the messenger on the far left? like you said, depends on material/quality/price lol

+ what is the one on the right of the duffle? a lunch bag? lol

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

aniston

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I'm up for celebrity styling. Aniston, if you're reading this, have your people call my people.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• cuddly
                              • Sep 2007

and also mayer's people.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

^i posted it in both. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X