X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by merz
    its not even an absence of some certain aesthetic that bothers me. clothes are like deodorant to them. . . there's no strong emotional attachment.
    That's definitely the cause for such uproar in SZ, particularly from those more passionate about having a full on aesthetic, rather than just a bunch of expensive clothing. I'm sure it's been mentioned countless times before, and just in this thread, but you just can't buy taste, as they say.

That being said, I also sympathize with those who think that carbon copying drkshdw look books, or layering piece over piece with a grail on top, is kind of cheating when creating an aesthetic.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• coup de grace
      x
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
      while i think this is partially true you have to remember that socal is really laid back and there is no real reason for most celebs to cultivate a personal style off the red carpet. it will only serve to draw more attention to them. i doubt many of them really have the time or energy to refine the way they dress nor the desire to stand out any more than they already do. in a way it makes perfect sense that she's wearing that jacket simply as a nod to her beau. clearly she's not trying to look trendy or buy into the rick look part and parcel (and trainers) like i myself am guilty of.
      yeah, no one in socal wants attention drawn to them. in la, subtlety is the new black.

i <3 la, btw.

Comment

• coup de grace
        x
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
        no, thats for when i start re-telling ownership history of various things in your closet as though it were the old testament.
        tell us the bedtime story of the ccp messenger again, uncle merz.

Comment

• J_J
          • Apr 2008

if the RO-wearing lurker (Victim) is reading, I would like to ask what shearling his lady friend is wearing in the pic

Comment

• KodakII
            • Sep 2008

I'm pretty sure you could pm him on TFS. I think he looks great

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Oh shit, that's Victim? I totally forgot how he looks. Agreed with merz about emotional detachment, but I've calm down on that point somewhat. Fuck 'em, let them wear what they want.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jak1
                • Dec 2007

Quote Of The Day: Rick Owens Talks About Advertising

Quote Of The Day: Rick Owens Talks About Advertising

Advertising pulls you more deeply into the fashion system than I'm willing to go. I have enough, and my business is growing at a pace that's gradual enough to be safe, yet fast enough to be motivating. And advertising's another job, like runway shows. Once you start, you need to be ready to do it forever. That being said, I never thought I'd be doing runway shows.
                Interview, Vice Magazine The Fashion Issue

Comment

• ghettosalazar
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Thanks for joining the show!
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

so how often do you guys use that

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Martin, do you happen to live in Ohio? I just saw "Otto" a couple weeks ago at a film festival and had been meaning to post about it. I thought it looked awfully Rick at first, then it was definitely Rick with some high collar jackets and that trench with white piping. Sure enough, at the end it said "costume design: Rick Owens" but they were all pieces from previous collections. The clothes looked really great and fit the dark urban aesthetic. I thought it was a great movie, but you need a strong stomach and sense of humor.

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                        does rick actually get credit for costume design or do they just use his clothes? one fashion/film collaboration that i always liked even though it's not really up to sz standards and it features vincent gallo is agnes b.'s costumes for trouble every day.
                        music

Comment

• crz
                          • Apr 2008

yeah.. new pics of womens drkshdw at owenscorp.com
                          loving the gloves and the jackets

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                            so how often do you guys use that
                            I would imagine only when he comes across a particularly 'cool' woman. Wouldn't want to overdo it. Not sure I'd want that thing throttling my acorn though, personally. Though it does bring a whole new meaning to hitting the sack to get a wink.

Anyway, here we are.

Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

The look is perfect. I absolutely LOVE the diagona buttoning jackets that Rick does... something about them.

The reworking of the leggings with the ribbing at the knees and the inserts really comes across nicely as well. Beautiful stuff.

Funny to read the insert on the "goats eye" piece and funny to see that there are various spelling errors within. Not to mention they refer to the head of the penis as an "acorn." Seriously though... how much is Rick charging for that thing? It'd be one expensive gag gift. Sort of like the SZ version of a group of girls getting one of their friends a small pink vibrator and everyone giggles and then that friend jokes about it and then takes it home and uses it.

... something like that hahahaha
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• requiem
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                                I think he looks great, he's done some good work styling for iD and is a budding womenswear designer.
                                but anyway, i don't see the OPs point and we've been through the RO/celeb discussion numerous times already.
                                he has been featured on jak&jil too;

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎