• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

Oh, oh - and here I am going to buy the book for someone in exactly 5 minutes...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

i do know people that really love it so...
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

I think of books like this more as a conversation piece or 'coffee table' book. I mean, I like Rick but probably not enough to warrant $350 (or $500, fuckin' Maxfield!) for a book full of pictures.

P.S. Has anyone ever bought a piece of his furniture? That, to me, is some of the coolest furniture I've ever seen. The Barneys here has some armchairs and a bench and they look insane!
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• hanajibu
          • Jan 2007

I own the book. I purchased it at Rick's signing at Barneys NY a few months back and I love it.

I may not have hesitated at the $350 price tag because I had just met the man, shook his hand, small-talked with him, that whole lot ? and I was still on that high when I approached the register. That said, I am very pleased with it. It's big (as in tall, it's not a very thick book, maybe 150 pages?) and elegant, and a welcome addition to my small art library.

So take that for what it's worth. It would be nice if Atelier and all the stores that carry it had an open book for you to preview.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

butter on atlantic ave in brooklyn has a preview book
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
              • Dec 2006

well, after i decided to not buy the book i visited a friend who gave me an official rick owens 03 and 06 lookbook. the 06 is a nice large newspaper kind of deal, so i was very pleased with that, and to me these things are nice conversation pieces as well...the rick owens book came across as nothing more than just another fashion book. I mean, the 2001 margiela book done by mark borthwick is mind blowing, in it's 30 or so pages. Rick's book is nothing more than say the Armani book, the versace book, etc. I was hoping for much much much much more from rick. more "pushing the boundaries" images. It is sort of plain to me. Something that I really wouldn't go back to. Whereas the margiela book is something I have gone back to almost every week for years and years. To each his own i guess, but i am a huge fan still and it is a good book for the collection, but certainly not even close to being worth 350 or 560 as it is to me just like the Armani book or something like that, the tom ford book, etc. i wanted more.

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I think of books like this more as a conversation piece or 'coffee table' book. I mean, I like Rick but probably not enough to warrant $350 (or $500, fuckin' Maxfield!) for a book full of pictures.

P.S. Has anyone ever bought a piece of his furniture? That, to me, is some of the coolest furniture I've ever seen. The Barneys here has some armchairs and a bench and they look insane!
                [/quote]

Really? The one in Los Angeles? I haven't spent too much time in the Barneys other than on the mens clothing floor so I must have not had an eye out. Where are they?
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

That's because they're on the women's designer floor, next to their RO buy (mostly lilies). They're fuckin' great though.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Palais Royal SS08

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

You know, I've walked through that little section of home furnishings at Barney's and never thought to stop and look at what they had. I guess because nothing had really jumped out at me when walking through. Are the RO pieces set in that path to the elevators? I'm going to have to stop in tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the pics above Cas. I love the stark contrast the ostrich provides against the fur. Too bad I'll never see my wife wearing it. [:(]
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Last time I was in there, they were on the Women's designer floor; When you're walking up the stairs they would be on the side behind you, at least, that's where they had all of the RO for women.

There's two of the concrete chairs and the huge bench with cushion.

Comment

• ardeetee
                          • Apr 2007

I was at Palais Royal on Friday and I saw about 25-30 large boxes in the showroom, all SS08 items that are waiting to be unpacked.

L'E received their new SS08 shipment as well, I was in a rush so I only had a chance to flip through it quickly. Saw some really nice lightweight leather jackets (light in color also) as well as basics with a lot of length (tees and tanks) and the black/white track jacket. There was a bunch of other stuff as well but I only had a minute to look.

Has any webstore posted the new collection online yet?

Comment

• Who?
                            • Aug 2007

I am not 100% sure but I think it's Terri Ann.
                            WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="ardeetee"]

I was at Palais Royal on Friday and I saw about 25-30 large boxes in the showroom, all SS08 items that are waiting to be unpacked.

L'E received their new SS08 shipment as well, I was in a rush so I only had a chance to flip through it quickly. Saw some really nice lightweight leather jackets (light in color also) as well as basics with a lot of length (tees and tanks) and the black/white track jacket. There was a bunch of other stuff as well but I only had a minute to look.

Has any webstore posted the new collection online yet?

[/quote]
                              None that I know of. Do you know if the draped jackets were there?

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Only a few japanese web shops have put up pieces of the collection as well as Matches has put up 3 jackets for view (all leathers).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎