Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • editevening
    • Nov 2008

well as your second post, asking everyone to dress up in different combinations of Rick outfits and take pictures for you is like walking into a classroom you've never been to and asking the students to write a short story about their personality so they can hand them over to a complete stranger.
    #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ first post, my friend, first post.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

... especially when there is a thread of 25,000 posts doing exactly that. it might not be focused on Rick Owens, but theres a fair amount of it mixed with other labels so sounds pretty much like what you're looking for.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by samueljoseph8809 View Post
          Hi sorry if there is already a thread for this but i thought this the best place to ask. Can we get some pics of everyone in their rick gear on here, see what everyone likes to mix their pieces with, which is there favorite rick outfit.

If there is already a section for this please redirect me.

Thanks everyone, all the best.

sain't

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

^^jeeezuuus that first dude is remarkably unfortunate.

yet he seems happy.

i wonder what his favorite rick outfit is?
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              (...) i wonder what his favorite rick outfit is?

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

^^^^ahhhahahaha well played sir
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• sargon97
                  • Jan 2009

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments regarding the quality of the leather used on the womdens biker jacket (i.e. high neck) used for this season. Specifically the thicker grained leather they are using. It seems like they are trying to hit a sub 2k price point. Barneys has it online and I just called RO NYC and they just got it in. The sales person said its cheaper because its less processed than say the blistered versions.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                    Does anyone have any thoughts or comments regarding the quality of the leather used on the womdens biker jacket (i.e. high neck) used for this season. Specifically the thicker grained leather they are using. It seems like they are trying to hit a sub 2k price point. Barneys has it online and I just called RO NYC and they just got it in. The sales person said its cheaper because its less processed than say the blistered versions.
                    If you're talking of quality LG, I'd say it's actually quite a beautiful alternative to the otherwise quite drape-y qualities that most stores have been selling successfully for years - it definitely gives particularly the high collar perfecto a more structured look and it has beautiful, irregular graining allover the skins. This is definitely supposed to break in from continuous wearing and I guess this quality molds quite well to the contours of the wearer, rather than to get looser in all places as Blister sometimes tends to (nice for when a slightly slouchier look is appreciated).

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                      • Aug 2009

Here's a link to an Ebay auction on the jacket you were talking about, in which you can see the drape and texture of the leather more in detail:

Comment

• sargon97
                        • Jan 2009

Thanks for the info. Its nice to see some companies, even if inadvertently, are making efforts to lower prices...

Comment

• My wedges broke again. I'm so angry I don't know what I'll do. I'm definetly not buying anything from rick owens again. what a fucking let down. pathetic piece of shit. Fuck it.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

That is absolute bullshit, Heirloom, you should get your money back. That's just embarrassing.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• the entire thing snapped in two in the base, so the right shoe isn't supporting at all, making it impossible to walk comfortably. They did sew the sides this time instead of glueing it (woo-hoopedi-doo) but then again, it made that seam completely superfluous. Instead they cut a slit along the back of the heel which they've then nailed shut and overlapped slightly. Now that opening has started bubbling and opening, and as soon as it's even remotely wet outside, the glue unsticks and reveals the core. the leather shrank, and now it has a keyhole on the heel showing the back of the base. Looks so fucking cheap. I feel cheated and stupid for putting out this amount of money. I got my money back after the last pair, but since the pound had dropped, i lost about 100 euro, and when i bought the new seasons wedges they had raised the price about 40 pounds. hopefully the pound hasn't fallen even more, that'll just make me loose even more money.

Comment

• khiev
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                                My wedges broke again. I'm so angry I don't know what I'll do. I'm definetly not buying anything from rick owens again. what a fucking let down. pathetic piece of shit. Fuck it.
                                heirloom, may i ask how long have you had the wedges for n how much have you been using them? i've had mine for almost three mths and party insanely with them on but they still look in pristine condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎